šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on NEW Rare & Epic Season 3 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat V29]

Thatā€™s my interpretation too but that second part seems irrational to me. Stacking a bunch of heroes to fire repeatedly against a boss in order to lower it to 30% of the original seems futile.

Yes cumulative but no you could stack a lot more than that :stuck_out_tongue:

You can remove up to 70% of the original Max HP. The minimum that the HP can get to is 30% of the original base HP.

Means less killing needed to be done :stuck_out_tongue: For the 3* & 4* heroes who do ā€œMax HP Reductionā€ the effect is obviously lesser BUT someone like Alfrike it can stack up pretty quick

2 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh ok gotcha! Now that seems MUCH better of a special tan I first read it then. Thanks

I hope v29 isnā€™t released soon, so that I still can stock my gems for May.

Seems to be for next month.

1 Like

Jott:
I may replace my Grimm +18 with Jott. I currently run Kiril +18, Frida +11, Grimm +18, Isarnia, Vela against red titans and 5 star challenge events. Since I donā€™t need two defense downs on one team, Jott would provide a nice and differential bonus. Obviously Iā€™d want Miki, but I only have so many options.

Gullinbursti:
I decided to save all of my tokens so I did not get Lady Woolerton. So a Holy healer would be a nice addition. Not super excited, but appreciate the differential offering.

Almur:
A must have. Very Fast -54% elemental defense is almost worth it by itself. Lots of unused sorcerer emblems have been waiting for Almur. This sums it up pretty well.

Is the pronunciation between Ulmer and Almur any different?

Shadereave:
Meh. If I am looking for an attack boost, Iā€™ll bring trusty Boldtusk. The Draugr blessing is a nice bonus. Maybe Iā€™ll use it for depth war attacks.

Fura:
Iā€™ve been a fan since Furaā€™s original introduction. I love heroes that prevent healing and wish I had more of them. Now that I think more, I think Iā€™d rather just have Gafar and maybe even
Jabbar.

Jarvur:
Meh. 3 star fights donā€™t go as long as normal fights so the stack wonā€™t get high enough. Why would I want Jarvur over Gato or Valen? Maybe you could mana pot up Jarvur to increase the attack stat, then blue diamond your way to a quick challenge event win.

An-Windr:
Meh. I wonā€™t use An-Windr in a challenge event because I need the benefits more quickly. Even in a rush tournament where heroes can be one shot, Iā€™m not confident in surviving four turns.

Grevle:
Provides a different option for 3 star green healer. The attack boost is nice, but I have never run a green stack for a challenge event.

Agnes:
Meh. Iā€™ll just use Bane.

Sudri:
Could become a stud for challenge events. Perhaps the best of the three stars.

Iā€™d level any of the four stars. They all have a place for depth war attackers.

Iā€™m not confident Iā€™d level any of the three stars. I only use three stars for challenge events and raid tournaments. Many Tavern of Legends will add new uses, but I donā€™t have a desperate need for 3 stars. The only way to make me want them would be to make them overpowered compared to current heroes. Iā€™d rather take one of each of the round 2 costumes for three star heroes than one of each of these new season 3 heroes.

3 Likes

Ulmer is pronounced like ā€œallā€ and ā€œmurā€ while Almur is pronounced like ā€œulā€ and ā€œmerā€ you see;)

1 Like

Awesome! 3* and 4* heroes are what Iā€™m going for as a C2P player. All those 5* ones I will never get anyways, so I couldnā€™t care less about who are they adding. But most of the 3* and 4* ones will hopefully make it into my roster eventually. Finally a green elemental-def debuffer I can at least hope to get :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A four star nature defense down?! SIGN ME UP!!! Glad to see elemental defense downs coming to more heroes.

2 Likes

Gullinbursti would be a number one choice for a tank in Rush 4* tournaments if not for his low defense. But he can still be a top tank in such case. That can quickly devolve in fighting 2000+HP heroes. In any case there are not many good/interesting yellow 4* so he will be a fine addition in my collection.

Would like to know however, when the charged attack takes place, whether it benefits from raised attack or no? I would guess the latter, but it is not clear from wording.

These board effects are interesting and Iā€™m wondering if Scrolls of Alteration are now on a sufficient increased value trend to justify making some of them in the Hunterā€™s Lodge. Ratatoskr was a no-go due to low availability, but itā€™s not hard to imagine lading Jott (or Sudri, though I doubt they get on the field in a titan situation).

But even with that, itā€™s unclear to me if Jott could displace any of Kiril, Frida, Grimm, Isarnia, Vela, Wu Kong, etc.

What is good in Jott?

Can someone from beta answer this please?

Well, even if they do itā€™s basically irrelevant. How the reduction by around hundreds HP will help with Titan that has hundreds of thousands - millions HP?

I may not understand the mechanic correctly, but Iā€™m under the impression that Jott (and Ratatoskr) affect the tiles on the board. Meaning all blue tiles on the board at that time get what we think of as an attack buff (SGG is calling it ā€˜enhancedā€™), regardless of whatever buffs your team has. So it should stack. That is, board enhanced tiles stack with Kirilā€™s attack boost.

1 Like

Kiril can be replaced with the banner. Iā€™d take Jott in his place.

I am currently running Kiril - Frida - Grimm - Vela - Miki btw.

I asked the same when I pull Ratatoskr, then I took him on blue titan. He really makes a difference there. Do not underestimate Jott. On monster fights, him + Aegir + Fridaā€¦ Even the hardest stages will be ez pz when you find a blue diamond.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s reasonable, but then whatā€™s your overall item plan? I struggle to see how the team survives without either Kirilā€™s healing or potions. In which case it gets hard to bring something from harpoons, banners, antidotes, to say nothing of the scrolls of alteration that Iā€™d really want to leverage Jottā€™s special.

So what I usually bring on my blue titan squad is Minor Mana Pot, Mana Pot, Tornado and Axes (Iā€™d take harpoon instead of axe in case it is my turn).

Axes are not really needed due to Vela so I could leave them and take Dragon Banner instead. You could take Scroll of Alteration instead of Tornado or Mana Pot. Tornado really helps but I know people tend to be careful with overusing them.

If you plan on using harpoon (not sure what your allianceā€™s strategy with these is), you could leave Grimm home instead of Kiril. Then Dragon Banner is not needed.

I think I never used Scroll of Alteration so I donā€™t know 100% how it works but my worry there would be that Jott only affects tiles which are already on the board. If you use Scroll and it creates blue tiles you risk that they are going to create a cascade that will ruin your little subtle plan before you can boost the tiles on board. Thatā€™s exactly the reason why I always charge my Miki before I use a Tornado - way too often I sent the entire board at the titan without Mikiā€™s buff.

1 Like

Is he worthy for emblem? I plan on having 20 4ā˜† with emblem, 4 of each colors and 2 of each classes.

@zephyr1 will they enter the portal next month?

At the moment, I have no idea.

1 Like