šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Pirates of Corellia Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

I think the new 5* heroes are great and I hope to pull them, but I love the new 3*'s that are coming. Both of them look really nice and will be good for raid tourneys and events

1 Like

Hi the avatar for the top 100 is probably Kestler and not Morgan

Actually there was feedback when all of the new heroes were 5*, which seems to have yielded the new 3*.

Iā€™m not sure why theyā€™ve chosen not to add more 4* as well, or to rework some of the new heroes as 4* instead of 5*.

3 Likes

Some initial testing that @FraVit93 did seemed to be a 20% reduction from the first to the second hit if I understand his analysis.

Iā€™ll see if we can get some more insights on that.

3 Likes

Itā€™s actually Sargasso, that was left over from copying from Avalon. Thanks for the heads up, itā€™s fixed now! :heart_decoration:

4 Likes

I see a lot of people across all these upcoming Challenge Event changes threads discussing the merits of increased emblems for completion and eyeing up the 4* AM in the top 1000 of Rare tier but truth be told Iā€™m kind of a little disappointed with what is on offer here in terms of 4* AMs.

Having hyped up in the March AMA more features for mat acquisition and then nerfed Raid Tournaments I think the Challenge Event overall has-to do better than awarding less than 0.1% of its player base with a 4* AM. I think far too many players whoā€™ve had OK scores in Rare before having seen the 4* AM in Top 1000 are seriously underestimating the change in the competition for it now there is something worth peopleā€™s attention. With 100,000 players in Diamond arena and just under 3,000 players in the Top 100 alliances alone there is a lot of players who will view it as low hanging fruit to shoot for ā€“ and if theyā€™re waiting on mats to ascend their next 5* diverting some resources to power up additional 3* that could score said mat would be very attractive.

The easiest option for more 4* AMs is to shove a single 4* AM in the completion rewards for Legendary tier however part of the issue with Challenge Events is that whilst theyā€™re really engaging for people shooting for top ranking rewards and for newer players battling through to complete them for many players in between those two extremes it is stroll through for the completion rewards and move on. Whilst Challenge Event coin chests are to an extent attempting to add re-playability for some of those players it doesnā€™t do much to encourage players to improve a score, indeed auto-playing through the lower WE stages achieves much the same goal even if it might be slightly less effective.

As such Iā€™d like to propose a change to the reward structure itself and Iā€™ll put it in the form of hypothetical rewards for the Rare Tier of this event. I have absolutely no idea what scores would look like in a 15 stage challenge event not having been in one or in beta myself so for this example letā€™s assume 750,000 points is a bottom top 100 score ā€“ naturally the points thresholds can be adjusted to reflect what scores actually would be like/change the difficulty for tiers:

(Current reward structure means each tier includes all items from all the tiers below it plus some items added for that tier, to simplify the table below Iā€™m just putting the additional rewards for that tier but if you get that tier you win the rewards for that tier AND all tiers below it)

Reward Bracket Additional Rewards
Rank 1 Peters Hero, Vodnik Avatar, +4 Challenge Coins, 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Compass
Ranks 2-10 +2 Challenge Coins, 1x Farsight Telescope, 1x Fine Gloves
Ranks 11-100 +2 Challenge Coins, 1x Royal Tabbard, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Hidden Blades
Score 700,000+ +2 Challenge Coins, 1x Poison Darts, 10x Super Healing Potions
Score 650,000+ 1x Sturdy Shield, 10x Dragon Bones
Score 600,000+ 1x Titan Flask, 1x Epic Hero Token, 10x Super Antidotes, 10x Fine Steel
Score 500,000+ 1x Raid Flask, 1x Epic Troop Token, 10x Arcane Scripts, 10x Bear Banner, 10x Sunspire Feather
Score 400,000+ 1x World Energy Flask, 10x Adventure Kits, 10x Minor Healing Potions, 10x Clean Cloths
Score 1+ 1x Daily Token

*Completion rewards remain the same as beta

I think a reward structure such as this would be better. The top 100 rewards are kept for those top players who want to shoot for them but by changing the tiers below that to meeting certain points thresholds wherever a player is in their development they have a set target they can shoot for. I think more players would be willing to make more attempts to chase a particular threshold reward if they know their efforts canā€™t be undone by someone else just being willing to spend more on refills to surpass them. With a system like this the last points based threshold in each of the Rare, Epic and Legendary tiers could each feature a single 4* AM and that with the total amount of World Energy would mean more players who previously would have passed on trying for a good score would then be tempted to spend world energy refills for shoot for them in each tier without diminishing or diluting the appeal of top ranking rewards the top players would still want to chase.

Essentially bottom line I think this would be better as it gives more players opportunities to net these mats, whilst still needing skill to get them whilst simultaneously SGG would see more profit in the long run if they have the whole 100,000 players of diamond arena chasing the points threshold mats in each tier in addition to those going for top ranking rewards than they will when the number of players trying for the Top 1000 reward in one drops to say something like 5,000 players after those frustrated from past attempts decide to forgo the hassle.

PS. Had it not been for my shameless copying from your table @zephyr1 I probably wouldnā€™t have noticed but a Warm Shield and Hidden Cape has crept into the rewards for ranks 1 and 2-10 respectively for Rare rewards but thought Iā€™d should give the heads up.

10 Likes

Typos fixed, thanks! :heart_decoration:

4 Likes

Never mindā€¦ I really need to read more carefully :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still think there should be a 4* mat in the completion rewards

4 Likes

If they ever allow trading, you can have a Rudolph. I have 6.

1 Like

Hah, thanks! I think my chances are better if I wait for Christmas :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sad but trueā€¦2ā€¦0

1 Like

I bet 350 gems that the new 3* Vodnik is that mob fish monster with a spear from season 1.

Basically. He looks like a cleaned up version of this Tritonic Scout:

4 Likes

Ehā€¦ well, new hero that isnā€™t a 5*; gotta have him! :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope they make a handful of new 4*'s. I think I like 4*'s the most. Tough enough to bring anywhere and they have so much diversity. Merlin, Wilbur, Hanselā€¦ things you just donā€™t see in 5*'s(plus itā€™s reasonable to pull for a specific one, due to the higher chances).

3 Likes

Waiting for 3* Guardian Llama in Teltoc.

8 Likes

SG, please make this a thing! Oh, and give it a elemental defense debuff like Jackal and Falcon, but for green.

2 Likes

GUARDIAN LLAMA NOW!

@Petri , present my humble suggestion for the responsible sectors. We need a llama hero, why not a Guardian Llama, in Aztec/Inca fashion?

7 Likes

Iā€™d prefer it be a 4* with that elemental debuffer, since I donā€™t have Evelyn :rofl: but really, it doesnā€™t need to be practical. As long as we get a llama!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to end a life everyday this isnā€™t confirmed happening.

3 Likes