đŸ§Ș Early Information on New "League of Villains" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V35]

Are family bonuses already not “tangible benefits”?
gmafb, this can’t be a serious answer

9 Likes

Give value by making the “less effective event heroes” useful in this one area?

How about just making the crappy event heroes better?

18 Likes

Let me say that this is the worst thing they could do. I think that a lot of players will stop playng if they gonna do this thing. Really hope they wont because the game from fun become only pay to win.

Meanwhile the thing that they bypass the elemental reflection could be nice to have even if i did not understand well how it work.

At last but not least thank you again for all your time here Gunvor.

8 Likes

Translation:
The intent is to boost gems sales as the player will need gems to pull them.

Translation:
You got what you paid for
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

11 Likes

The challenge events are my favorite, specifically because they are the most democratic. Anyone can put together a competitive challenge team: there is a low bar for entry. I, as C2P, am never going to be able to compete with the big spenders, and the “tangible benefits” they get in game from being big spenders, in just about every other “game mode”. But I can compete with anyone in the challenge events. Why do they have to do this? They are explicitly saying that they want to tilt the balance in favor of big spenders. This is so gross.

10 Likes

Have event heros bypass the elemental barrier, that’s fine. Get rid of the score bonus, that’s just stupid. Placing in challenge events is effectively impossible for anyone who has a life outside this game as it is. Why make that worse?

5 Likes

Devs keep on surprising, surprising in a bad way! Indie companies please look at this and never sell your soul to bigger whale companies, like Sg did with Zynga. Its really time to think about a farewell to this game (thus far one of the best ever created for a cellphone!)

12 Likes

Ok so now they’re just coming right out and saying that they will be rewarding those that spend a ton of money on the game or have the luck of a person who has won the lottery 3 times, and will intentionally screw everyone else. I feel like I need a shower after reading this. It makes my skin crawl. I think our only hope now is that the developers at SG don’t have a non compete clause and decide to break away from Zynga and make a new game with a shred of decency. Just when you think it can’t get any worse

15 Likes

I am not sure if this give so much advantage for using Challenge heroes. Usually to be competitive in an event you need to play mono team or 4 heroes of one color and Wu/Miki/Tarlak/etc. And usually events heroes are not the best for best score in the event. It is not so easy to calculate real gain, but substituting not-event optimal hero with an event hero would probably be significantly smaller than the hero bonus.

2 Likes

Okay, you will use, say, Miki and 4 Arthurs to get bonus.

The bright side: now with ten challenge coins i have the chance to level up one of my heroes a little bit faster.
The not-so-bright side: almost everything else. Those answers to Guvnor’s questions are somehow appalling. Those who have collected Event specific Heroes
 have not YET a tangible benefit from pulling them in comparison to, let’s say, me who will never pull anything but some random 4*? They do also deserve a bonus?

5 Likes

Said all the owners of Finley and Jabberwocky
never!!

I have pulled exactly 2 5* Challenge event heroes, and, as the proud owner of the 2 worst event heroes (Owl and Chameleon) I can honestly say I can do without the 2% score buff per hero!

I agree, why reward the rewarded?

10 Likes

I think people seriuosly overstimate power of stacking challenge heroes - in reality what really would you stack to compete with typical mono?

10% wont make any difference if your general score will be hundreds of thousands less i think you overreact a bit.

I think red stack with lancelot and falcon will benefit most but what other colours can you really stack without gimping yourself?

1 Like

High level competition is less about the specific heroes used and more about achieving a (near) perfect scenario

The majority of the high high level scoring comes from:

1. The Time Bonus
  2. The match bonus
  3. Getting a Suspcious Chest to bump up the difficulty bonus.

Time & Match bonus get pumped up via farming for an amazing board
 The ones where you have on-colour tiles galore. The time bonus get pumped up further using heaps of battle items.

You’ll notice that in the above 3 factors, the heroes taken make no difference whatsoever

So if you take legendary for example, if the high level player takes Frida, Miki & 3x of the blue hero, the tiles still are amazing & do stacks of damage. The board farming, suspicous chest & battle items haven’t changed whatsoever. But what has changed is you get a +6% bonus
 which is massive

In the lower levels, the heroes are even less important as you can kill the enemies pretty much entirely using battle items
 So on these ones, a P2W player can get a +10% bonus on top of the perfect match, time & enemy bonuses

Also note (from the OP) that it does NOT need unique heroes
 It can be 5x of the same hero
 PLUS they ignore elemental reflects
 so there is no detriment (beyond “weak” tiles) to taking 5x of a purple hero to a purple reflect event

16 Likes

Well i see it now but its not true for majority of players who need to play boards anyway - at least boss stages because you wont kill last bosses even with diamond. BTw it also means that elemental down is also necessery for good score and people can live with that (and frida isnt so common)

I see bigger problem with relying on items to be honest - it should be changed that using items has some penalty on score.

Maybe not the majority, but definitly for any competitive play. Which is the point highlighted in the OP; and the point being objected to in terms of the additional score bonus. That being that it moves Competitive play in the events strictly into the domain of P2W players

The better/ easier solution to make it more competitive for anyone is to simply limit replays of the event stages
 But that’s not the point.

9 Likes

Yeah but you also need frida and miki to be “competitive” so how it really differs?
This game is like this you sometimes have something good or not and your scores depend a lot on it.

Yes and no.

Frida and Miki were the ones I used as an example. But you can get around it with other options.

For example Wu Kong or Tarlak or Ranvir instead of Miki.

Or Nordri or King Arthur in the place of Frida. Or any of the other elemental debuff heroes, just change the colour you stack.

There are no alternatives to get +2% score tho which is the difference.

7 Likes

Overall people have many event heroes just not best ones - its same alternative - you can take better dps or worse event hero (offcolor for example) and get a bonus.

Im not arguing for sake of arguing, im really interested how it playes out in beta.

Just eager => what is this type of this event ? Like seasonal , monthly etc ?