🧪 Early Information on New Knights of Avalon Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V23]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the new Knight of Avalon Challenge Event overhaul.

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

The new version of Knights of Avalon will launch in September 2019

See also: September 2019 Challenge Event [Knights of Avalon] & October 2019 Challenge Event [Pirates of Corellia]

New Avalon Family

Click for Mostly Useless Information

New Heroes

NOTE: These heroes are in addition to the existing ones, Sir Lancelot, Merlin, King Arthur, Morgan Le Faye, and Guinevere.

Lady of the Lake – 5* – :leaves: Nature

Black Knight – 5* – :fire: Fire

Bauchan – 3* – :fire: Fire

New Summoning Odds

APPEARANCE RATES
Rare Classic Hero: 63.1%
Epic Classic Hero: 20.8%
Legendary Classic Hero: 1.5%

Rare Event Hero: 7.9%
Epic Event Hero: 5.7%
Legendary Event Hero 1.0%

BONUS DRAW
Legendary Hero of the Month: 1.3%

New Challenge Coins

Challenge Coins can be received from Challenge Event Rewards, as well as from new “rare enemies” called a Suspicious Chest that appears at random in Challenge Event Stages.

10 Challenge Coins can be used for a free Summon from the Challenge Event Portal.

Challenge Coins appear to be copper colored (more orange than EHT and ETT), and are pentagon shaped. They have each of the 5 Challenge Event Family symbols on them, so they appear to be intended for use across Challenge Events, not specific to one Event.

The premise of Suspicious Chests appears to be similar to the concept of Orichalcum Seadragons appearing at random during Atlantis Rises and dropping Atlantis Coins, which can then be used for Summons. One difference is that in initial testing, it appears that Suspicious Chests only drop a single Challenge Coin — but you only need 10 of them for a Summon, not 100.

In-Game Tooltip Text for Challenge Coins

Used for a free summon at the Event Summon. You need 10 coins for one summon.

This item can be received as loot from a Rare Challenge Event enemy.

More Details on the Suspicious Chests

They appear at random in a mob/monster slot. So far I’ve only personally seen one, so this information may need to be updated, but there were 3 useful things to note:

1. The Suspicious Chest was Ice/Blue, so it had an Ice Elemental Barrier that reflects all direct damage and status effects from the same element. Based on a Known Issue (bug) mentioned in the Beta Release Notes, I believe all Suspicious Chests will be of the element that has an Elemental Barrier for each Challenge Event, but I’ll keep an eye out for any in other elements to disprove that.

2. The Suspicious Chest is “Invulnerable” and “Shielded,” which means that it’s “Vulnerable to damage only during the turn before it attacks.” This is an intrinsic attribute, not a Status Effect, so it can’t be dispelled, and shouldn’t be removable, even by Guardian Chameleon. The chest shows the word “INVULNERABLE” below it at all times, and the pop-up information when you tap and hold on it shows “Shielded,” along with the explanation above.

3. Defeating the Suspicious Chest adds 5000 bonus points to the Stage Score in Rare. I’m told by other Beta testers that the 5000 bonus points are currently the same in Epic and Legendary, but I haven’t yet personally confirmed this myself, and it’s possible that might change.

New Stages, Bosses, and WE Costs

There are now 15 Stages for each tier of the Challenge Event (Rare, Epic, and Legendary), and they have new Bosses and WE costs, many of which are effectively reduced vs. the current Challenge Events.

I haven’t yet had a chance to run through every Stage to note the Bosses for each, but will aim to do so before Beta ends.

In the meantime, I’ve noted all of the WE costs below.

And yes — there really are Stages costing 1 WE in Rare and 2 WE in Epic now, which may make for interesting opportunities when filling Monster Chests or farming XP during Challenge Events.

Click for WE Costs for Each Stage (remember, this might change)

Rare Tier

Stage Rare Epic Legendary
1 1 2 3
2 1 2 3
3 1 2 3
4 2 3 4
5 2 3 4
6 2 3 4
7 3 4 5
8 3 4 5
9 3 4 5
10 4 5 6
11 4 5 6
12 4 5 6
13 5 6 7
14 5 6 7
15 5 6 7

(Possibly) New Event Duration and Schedule

It’s difficult to say if this is just for Beta, but the Event Timer in Beta was at 4d 21h when Beta first opened, which is a good indication it was meant to be around 5 days.

That would be an increase from the current Challenge Events, which run from Thursday through Sunday currently.

An increased duration would be logical, given the increased number of Stages and overall WE required, so it seems plausible that this change is intended for the live game, and not just Beta. I have no insights, however, into how a longer duration would be scheduled, and how the timing might relate to Class Trials, War, and Raid Tournaments.

New Rewards

The Rewards have been fairly radically improved.

The brackets are still broken up by number like the current Challenge Events, not percentage like Raid Tournaments, but the brackets are vastly larger, and the loot for lower brackets is substantially improved.

There are also more Emblems in the Completion Reward for each Tier.

NOTE: It’s highly likely I may type something wrong, so if you see something that doesn’t make sense, please let me know so I can check that it’s right!

Click for Rare Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Lancelot Bauchan 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 2x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Royal Tabard, 2x Orb of Magic, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Warm Cape, 1x Compass, 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Super Mana Potion, 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Orichalcum Nuggets, 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 2-10 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Orb of Magic, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Compass, 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Super Mana Potion, 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Orichalcum Nuggets, 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 11-1000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily 2x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Orb of Magic, 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Super Mana Potion, 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Orichalcum Nuggets, 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 1x Titan, 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x EHT, 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Dragon Banner, 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Hardwood Lumber, 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 1x WE, 1x Raid 1x ETT, 1x Daily - 10x Leather Armor, 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Axe Attack, 10x Antidotes 10x Metal Ores, 10x Large Bone
Ranks 100001-500000 - - 1x WE 1x Daily - 10x Rugged Clothes 10x Antidotes 10x Large Bone
Ranks 500001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - - -

Rare Tier Completion Reward

• 1x WE Flask
  • 3x Challenge Coin
  • 10x Sorcerer Emblem
  • 10x Rogue Emblem
  • Warm Cape
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Epic Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Heroes Avatars Flasks Tokens Coins Ascension Mats Battle Items Crafting Ingredients
Rank 1 Black Knight Merlin, Sir Lancelot 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 20x Challenge 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Farsight Telescope, 2x Poison Darts, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Trap Tools, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Dragon Attack, 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 2-10 - Merlin 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 10x Challenge 1x Tome of Tactics, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Orb of Magic, 2x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Dragon Attack, 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 11-500 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily 3x Challenge 1x Poison Darts, 1x Hidden Blade, 2x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Dragon Attack, 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Meteor Fragments, 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 501-5000 - - 2x Titan, 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x EHT, 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Warm Cape, 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Revive Scroll, 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Midnight Roots, 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 5001-50000 - - 2x WE, 2x Raid 2x ETT, 1x Daily - 20x Sharpening Stone, 20x Training Manual 20x Turtle Banner, 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Potent Leaves, 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 50001-250000 - - 2x WE 1x Daily - 20x Training Manual 20x Minor Mana Potion 20x Clean Cloth
Ranks 250001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Epic Tier Completion Rewards

• 2x WE Flask
  • 5x Challenge Coin
  • 20x Monk Emblem
  • 20x Cleric Emblem
  • 1x Trap Tools
  • 1x Fine Gloves
  • 1x Revive Scroll
Click for Legendary Tier Rewards (remember, this may very likely change)
Rank 1 Lady of the Lake King Arthur, Guinevere, Morgan Le Faye 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 30x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Tome of Tactics, 2x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Poison Darts, 2x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Healing Potion, 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Dragon Bone, 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 2-10 - Guinevere, Morgan Le Faye 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 15x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Mysterious Tonic, 1x Poison Darts, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Healing Potion, 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Dragon Bone, 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 11-100 - Morgan Le Faye 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily 5x Challenge 1x Royal Tabard, 1x Damascus Blade, 1x Sturdy Shield, 1x Warm Cape, 2x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 2x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Healing Potion, 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Dragon Bone, 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 101-1000 - - 3x Titan, 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x EHT, 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Warm Cape, 1x Fine Gloves, 1x Trap Tools, 1x Compass, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Super Antidotes, 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Fine Steel, 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 1001-10000 - - 3x WE, 3x Raid 3x ETT, 1x Daily - 1x Warm Cape, 30x Arcane Scripts, 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Bear Banner, 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Sunspire Feathers, 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 10001-100000 - - 3x WE 1x Daily - 30x Adventurer’s Kit 30x Minor Healing Potion 30x Leather Strips
Ranks 1000001 or Lower - - - 1x Daily - - -

Legendary Tier Completion Rewards

• 3x WE Flask
  • 7x Challenge Coin
  • 50x Wizard Emblem
  • 50x Barbarian Emblem
  • 1x Sturdy Shield
  • 1x Fine Gloves
  • 1x Compass
  • 1x Revive Scroll

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see :test_tube: The Beta Beat (v23) – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta: Stronghold 22/23 & Alchemy Lab, New Challenge Event Heroes, New Knights of Avalon Event, Costumes

45 Likes

Morgan Le Fay and Merlin are still around too, right?

2 Likes

Yes, I have no idea why I forgot to list them, updating now, thanks!

3 Likes

Wow they listened to feedback here:

A 3 star hero
A free way to summon on events
Way better rewards for ranking above top10

I like that!

15 Likes

Can you tell from the tool tip if the challenge event coins are event specific, or can be used in a different event? (i.e. can coins earned in Avalon be used in guardians event)?

4 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE the token idea!! This is a huge step to help FTP people who struggle just to get to 300 gems for one summon. I am very excited about this.

Plus, I love the excitement of possibly encountering a random rare enemy

And i am so happy it’s 10 coins (though more rare) than 100 coins!

12 Likes

They don’t appear to be event specific.

9 Likes

Thank you so much for putting all this together :slight_smile:

This is a vastly needed improvement to the current ranking system, without having to completely change it as well.

Also generally good improvements to completing Rare tier, getting a warm cape for your trouble sounds very satisfying.

My early impressions on new heroes: 🧪 Early Information on the new Challenge Event Heroes (Pirates of Corellia, Fables of Grimforest, Guardians of Teltoc, Knights of Avalon, and Wonderland) [Part of The Beta Beat v23] - #282 by DaveCozy

7 Likes

A hitting red rare Guin - nice :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for this. You’re a 5* hero for typing all this in.

25 Likes

This looks great. I’m very happy with how they improved the events. I still think trying to place might not be worth it, but still amazing changes.

I’m glad they added a 3*. I wasn’t happy about only new 5* heroes.

The summoning percentages don’t seem changed…?

4 Likes

Probably changed to add a chance for new 3* event hero. 5* odds look the same.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot that there were no 3* Avalon heroes. I’m dumb. Thanks!

3 Likes

I think they just hit on a way to massively improve repeat participation in events. Chance for coins PLUS possibility to break into the top 1000 by improving your level scores means tens of thousands more games played (can we replay now? and if so, resources needed)

12 Likes

So it looks like how Muggy was the 3* version of Alby/MN with a similar skill it seems Bauchan is a 3* version of Guin but also attacks. Now the masses can know what is like to play with Guin…LOL. I still want her and have Mitsuko who is red and cuts mana for 3 enemies but I would LOVE Guin.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CHALLENGE COINS!!! Hopefully like the Atlantis coins you can reply the levels to try and gather more coins and do pulls. Especially if the coins aren’t event specific. This will really appease a lot of people.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the information!! I love the new improvements!

3 Likes

This looks like a great release!

6 Likes

Thanks for the hard work :grinning: this sounds promising

5 Likes

Thanks for putting everything together @zephyr1! Although we might see changes in the final…release, this looks quite promising! I like the idea of the coins.

Also that the former event heros seem to remain, looks good.

And hey, why not replaying levels for coins and a potentially higher position in the final result with reduced WE cost? I would say in contrast to the former beta news regarding alchemy lab, this could become something to reward the players…

3 Likes