Early Information on New Elemental Links and Elemental Link Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v42]

Yup, unless they already changed it, which they didn’t, my Yang Mai’s card still reads ‘small mana’.

I’ve check old threads:

Looks like it was already small on screenshot from March 1…

Yes it was small. But in reality small ≠small.
Grimble gives small mana. 0,8 mana
Hotm element link (old) gives small mana. 0,5 mana
Hotm element link (new) gives small mana. Less than 0,5 mana.

So the wording was :poop: from the beginning. They should just write a number and forget small, moderate or what else they write now…

12 Likes

And that’s actually helpful!

Nope it was small before. Now they nerfed it slightly which is not mentioned in the post.

1 Like

I do not understand, the words does not change, and we do not know what changed.
Where do you know? I agree it should just write by number instead of small/moderate.

It is small (I mean in reality, not only word), already tested by @SamMe,
in this thread: Toxicandra got nerfed? (Bugs: Description on skill written inconsistent) - Solved V41

Here is the break point pixel from my post:

2021-06-27_23-01-45
Full Mana = 170

But, V41 already solved, Toxicandra and Alby skill in text changed back to moderated mana.

6 Likes

From this. As I’m not in beta I can’t verify it. But I’m pretty sure it’s true, otherwise it wouldn’t make any sense as the wording from the link is the same,so the change must be something different.

1 Like

I wonder if we will see an update to the Aeron/Gregorion batch, whose element link is only +5% attack and +5% defense…

Defeating Fire titans is already nearly broken and some of these changes are going to drastically magnify this.

+10% attack bonus for all Ice with Frida/Miki
+15% attack bonus for all Ice with Athena

Ice teams attacking Fire Titans really did not need another 25% attack. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Elemental Lnk gives all (same element) Nature allies” :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah for titans this is going to make good scores even better. I’m hopeful that SG’s thinking behind it was more to help the smaller player that maybe lucked into one of them and due to lack of other heroes has to use them in lots of additional areas so gains more from the boost at those sections.

So the original design had these buffs affect the whole team (“affects all elements”) and now the buffs only affect heroes of the same color “all (same element)”? So for example Delilah can affect Lidenbrock but not Moreau? (or maybe I’m completely confused!)

Edit: I’m probably confused. Sounds like one buff for having the hero on the team (all elements) and then a separate buff to same color when they fire special. Really cool if that is correct.

Thx, I have removed the Nature from OP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait are they nerfing elradir’s gang? Why?

1 Like

Because they like to slap our faces :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This makes the Aeron - Alasie - Gravemaker - Gregorian - Drake Fong element link of +5% attack/def look like even more crap now.

And it makes the Seshat - Miki - Grazul - Kingston - Neith element link of +4% mana gen look bad.

Sure its 4 turns vs 6 turns but the new ones are still much better.

6 turn +5% attack/def element link usually has no meaningful benefit and ends up getting me chained on by Finley anyways.

3 Likes

Is the mana gain from these average speed HOTMs that broken that it deserved a nerf? The elemental link is the main draw and the reason we used our precious mats on them, only to have this company pull the rug out from under our feet.

Unethical business behavior on a daily basis. HOTM bait and switch - again.

5 Likes

Can someone from Beta tell us what changed in the quantity of mana that Malicna, Devana & co are giving?

I remember it was 0.5 tiles per turn. What is is the level they want to change it to? This type of stuff influences what people choose to max or not

2 Likes

I think the point of the mana link wording change was so that they are all now an identical buff, so when the family bonus kicks in, they can’t stack.

1 Like

Malicna’s elemental link could not stack with Devana’s, Frosth’s, Yang Mai’s and Elradir’s because they gave mana only to their own colour. Or I did not understand you correctly? Who’s mana generation would stack with whom?

1 Like