šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New Covenant of Champions Event [Part of The Beta Beat v50]

Letā€™s hope enough of us feel that way so the event is a giant lead balloon and they have to change it back to 300.

4 Likes

@PlayForFun seems like we are only getting the summon portal this monthā€¦ Did staff tell beta testers anything? I guess the quest will return to testing during the v51 cycle then.

1 Like

Yes, maybe it will arrive back to Beta in V51.

We have not got any new information on this.

I just know what I shared earlier:

ā€œStaff said that there is a critical bug in it, and they could not give the Quest for us to retest it.ā€

Maybe Staff was not be able resolve this bug, but they do not wanted to delay the V50 release further.

I guess free coins is a nice consolation prize

2 Likes

What does this mean for Alliance quest? We know that AQ was in rotation with towers. So they will delay it or change date :thinking::thinking:

Hmm I think you are on the wrong topic. This is the covenant of champions topic and no one talked about the Alliance Quest here.
You probably meant to answer to the Styx Tower topic in which I said that this time slot rotation would be Ninja ā†’ Magic ā†’ Styx ā†’ CoK.

2 Likes

Thank you and sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well they just say free coins, not how many - if itā€™s enough for a pull or not.
if they give us enough for 1 pull then itā€™s nice, otherwise itā€™s not nice if itā€™s

1 Like

Glad for this little aside about free coins. I totally missed that in the announcement. When they gave free coins at the end of the W3K global beta, some of mine turned into Sun Shangxiang, so hope springs eternal. If nothing else, itā€™s another shot at Tahir, who I definitely want.

1 Like

@PlayForFun some numbers were off. I didnā€™t recalculate/check all the chances tho.

1 Like

Thanks, I will check and recalulate all.

1 Like

hmmā€¦not keen so far. Dont like the odds

Just confirmā€¦ You spend more gems per pull and thereā€™s still season 1 heroes in this portal? Why would you pull here then?

5 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: thatā€™s why most of us are :thinking:

Now if they removed S1 totally except for 5* with costumes or add on costumes for only S1 heroes, that fundraiser motive wouldnā€™t look that obvious.

With still vanilla S1 in their original forms in that portal, the only way to boost value of that portal is to add in only top grade heroes (read: much preferred/used by us players) from the other portals: S2 to 4, CF1-2, Seasonal, Gargoyles, W3K.

The odds being that low still, Zynga/SGG will still cream a fair amount of $$$ from those chasing Monsters and/or other Non S1 goodies.

At 400 gems per single summon
With bonus chest containing same old, same old
Thatā€™s a win-win solution from my perspective.

Even better if Zynga/SGG adds in chance for Aethers: the 3/4* type. No 5* aether obviously. Max 4 with the lowest odds: 1%. Minimum 2 with 80% odds. Middle tier : 3 with 19% odds.

I can hear their cash registers ringing already.

3 Likes

For real. We need to show restraint and not pull from this clusterā€¦ This is their canary in the coal mineā€¦ And if we kill that canaryā€¦ Sh will go back to 300 for this event.

6 Likes

Iā€™m just afraid that wonā€™t be happening. As far as I can see from the game, the big spenders continue to summon in enormous amounts - no matter the cost :confused:

But Iā€™m completely behind you :100: I was pondering to summon, but seeing that not even the four stars have been spent time on to make them availableā€¦ Itā€™s just another sign.

Five stars are the priority. Most of us wonā€™t get those. So itā€™s going to be a very expensive 3 star hero from Season 1.

10 Likes

Agreed about the motivations of whalesā€¦ But letā€™s say they make up 50% of the marketā€¦ If we, the 50% non whale monetary purchasing power) can mobilize and half of that 50% just keep our powder dryā€¦

Then the math works out so 75% gets a 33% increase in revenue, but 25% registers as zeroā€¦ For a washā€¦ Revenue would be unchangedā€¦ Butā€¦ Maybeā€¦ We can go above 25%ā€¦ And then revenue would be cut.

And obviously Iā€™m pulling these numbers out of my buttā€¦ Though how wrong could i be?

5 Likes

Even if the numbers are correct, we wonā€™t be able to mobilize everyone to not summon. I like the current challenge festival because no season 1. Iā€™m going to save for Black Friday. There is no single season 1 hero thatā€™s really really good right now.

2 Likes

Is there a thread somewhere for the various summon portals and which ones have better odds? I think tellysgame had some posts but thatā€™s gone now.

This is what I reference.

1 Like