šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New League of Villains Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v35]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the initial release of the League of Villains Heroes (new Challenge Event).

Donā€™t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, donā€™t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

Itā€™s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldnā€™t get too attached to any of this ā€” itā€™s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

New Challenge Event ā€“ League of Villains!!

This thread is SPECIFICALLY for discussing the new heroes and NOT the new Challenge Event.To discuss that, please make use of this thread: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on New "League of Villains" Challenge Event [Part of The Beta Beat V35]

Repeat, DO NOT use this thread to discuss the new challenge eventā€¦

:man_supervillain: League of Villains Hoeroes :woman_supervillain:

There are a total of ten (10) new heroes added to Beta for testing; these have been indicated to be for a new challenge event called ā€œThe League of Villainsā€.

The names of the new heroes are: Toxicandra, Crystalis, Asterius, Karnov, Dark Lord, Isrod, Ingolf, Sanngrior, Edd & Skrekok

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the ā€œVillainsā€ family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Villain Family
Bonus for 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 5% / 15% chance to heal for 10% / 30% of dealt damage when attacking an enemy

5 :star: ā€“ Legendary Heroes

• Asterius
  • Crystalis
  • Dark Lord
  • Isrod
  • Karnov
  • Toxicandra

Asterius -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Asterius ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

A Minotaur. Plain and simple lol.

Rarity: Legendary/5*
Power: 817 802

Attack: 803 784
Defense: 788 762
HP: 1380 1355

Class: Druid
Element: :fire: Fire (Red)

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Brutal Bull Rush

• Deals 265% 235% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Reduces the duration of target and nearby enemyā€™s buffs for 1 turn
  • The target and nearby enemies receive Corrsive Burn for 3 turns. The Corrosive Burn deals 88 Burn damage and lowers the targetā€™s defence by -18% -14% -10% each turn.

Crystalis -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Crystalis ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Think evil version of Elsa from Frozen. Evil snow Queen!!

Power: 816 801

Attack: 797 778
Defense: 772 756
HP: 1400 1374

Class: Wizard
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Freezing Crystal

• Deals 230% 150% 130% 150% damage to the target and nearby all enemies.
  • All The target and nearby enemies receive Corrosive Frost for 3 turns. The Corrosive Frost deals 63 43 Frost damage and lowers the targetā€™s attack by -18% -8% -7% each turn.

Dark Lord -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Dark Lord ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Yes, this is the dark lord from the Season 1 Storyline.

Power: 820 805

Attack: 819 801
Defense: 768 749
HP: 1384 1357

Class: Wizard
Element: :new_moon: Dark (Purple)

Special Skill: Doomstrike

• Deals 390% 360% 390% damage to the target.
  • Reduces the duration of the target and nearby enemies buffs by 1 turn.
  • The target and nearby enemies receive corrosive poison for 3 turns. The corrosive poison deals 65 damage and lowers the targetā€™s mana generation by -14% -12% -9% each turn for 3 turns.

Art:

ā€¦ Kaffyā€¦

Isrod -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Isrod ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

The Doomed Knight Boss Enemy from Season 1 Map. Check S1-5-5.

Power: 819 804

Attack: 774 758
Defense: 788 768
HP: 1450 1423

Class: Paladin

Special Skill: Vengeful Strike

• Deals 260% 210% 225% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies Counterattack with 100% 80% of received damage for 3 turns.
  • The caster and nearby allies regeneate a moderate small amount of mana for each Counterattack. The effect gets diminished for consecutive counterattacks during the same turn.

Karnov -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Karnov ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

No parallel in gameā€¦ But posed as a martial artistā€¦ Similar stance to Drake Fong. No shirt, muscled, bald and looks like an evil Kung Fu guyā€¦

Power: 818 803

Attack: 762 745
Defense: 803 766
HP: 1474 1444

Class: Monk

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Total Beatdown

• Deals 260% 290% damage to all enemies
  • Alters the power of all Dark shields on the board. When an attacking hero casts the special, the shields become enhanced with +64% attack. When a defending hero casts the special, the shields become weakened with -57% attack.
  • All holy allies get -24% mana generation for 3 turns. This effect cannot be cleansed.

Toxicandra -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Toxicandra ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Kinda Poison Ivy-esq.

Power: 815 800

Attack: 793 774
Defense: 776 756
HP: 1398 1369

Class: Cleric
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Special Skill: Accelerated Growth

• Recovers 24% health for all allies
  • All allies regenerate a moderate amount of mana over 3 turns.
  • Cleanses status ailments from all allies.

Note on Corrosive {burn/frost/poison} effects:

4 :star: ā€“ Epic Heroes

• Ingolf
  • Sanngrior

Ingolf -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Ingolf ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Doomed Lord Elite enemy from S1. Seen in S1-5-5.

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 679 675

Attack: 637 633
Defense: 688 684
HP: 1279 1268

Class: Fighter

Mana Speed: Slow

Special Skill: Draining Impairing Blade

• Deals 215% 185% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • Reduces the duration of the target and nearby enemiesā€™ buffs by 1 turn.
  • The target and nearby enemies get Corrosive Poison for 3 turns. Corrosive Poison delays 50 damage and lowers the targetā€™s mana generation by -12% each turn.
  • The caster steals 61% of healing applied to the target and nearby enemies for 3 turns.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -34% defence for 3 turns.

Sanngrior -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Sanngrior ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Looks kinda like a valkyrieā€¦ But blueā€¦ Like allover blue.

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 679 675

Attack: 569 565
Defense: 684 680
HP: 1457 1447

Class: Cleric
Element: :snowflake: Ice (Blue)

Special Skill: Valkyrieā€™s Fortitude

• Recovers 45% health for the caster and nearby allies.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +94% defence against Nature for 3 turns.

3 :star: ā€“ Rare Heroes

• Edd
  • Skrekok

Edd -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Edd ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

Titled a ā€œThick-Headed Thugā€ and wellā€¦ Looks like that lol. Holding a big knife with a dopy look. Tatty clothes like they arenā€™t a very successful bandit.

Rarity: Rare/3*
Power: 480 476

Attack: 531 526
Defense: 453 450
HP: 731 723

Class: Ranger

Special Skill: Crazed Lunge

• Deals 290% damage to the target
  • The target is immune to new buffs for 3 turns.

Skrekok -- Click for Beta Information (Extremely Likely to Change)

Skrekok ā€“ Beta Info & Stats (extremely likely to change)

The Humanoid Ratman monster from S1 storyline. See S1-5-8.

Rarity: Rare/3*
Power: 480 476

Attack: 497 493
Defense: 803 784
HP: 476 472

Class: Rogue

Special Skill: Mad Rat Mania

• Deals 165% damage tot he target and nearby enemies.
  • The caster and nearby allies get +45% attack and a further +20% increase every time they are hit during 3 turns.

:mantelpiece_clock: Beta Updates

• Jan 18, 2021 ā€“ returned to beta for round 2 of testing. Various changes.

:link: Related Threads

22 Likes

From 5*: I like Toxicandra and Crystallis. But it is unlikely than I will receive them.

Also, they are 6* heroes again. 805 should be max power of 5*.

From 3:
I like rat, he will be very good in challenge events, I think.

1 Like

Isnā€™t his status too low despite being a five-star hero?
By the way, I thought Gashadokuro would be released.

6 Likes

Should be 803 & 778. Fixed now.

3 Likes

I knowā€¦ Iā€™ve mentioned as much in my feedback that they really should be equivalent to the existing challenge event heroesā€¦ I expect many others will say as much

What the devs will do? weā€™ll wait and see.

11 Likes

I think commander grey will be here before

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ nope :stuck_out_tongue:

The hereos are all listed in the OP.

1 Like

The Asterius from an anime i liked

He is one of the more powerful characters from that Anime.

I like the concept but i cant see why Asterius is Average while Cryatalis is Fast.
I mean, they are not that distant in terms of what they do.

Any comments about it in beta Guv?

Regarding the 4ā˜† star heroes i dont feel i need them and i dont really want them. They dont seem to be gamechanger like Hansel or super useful as an elemental defense down (teltoc)

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been open for only a couple hours so not really :stuck_out_tongue:

But the artwork is pretty similar to what you showed.

1 Like

I really like that you gave descriptions to avatars :smiley:

6 Likes

Oh god more heroes to chase, enough SG enough! :rofl:
Seriously though, when during the month they will find time to introduce yet another eventā€¦ This is nuts, i hope it wonā€™t be released soon.

3 Likes

So these heroes get an additional 20% attack and defense in challenges? And increase your score? Thatā€™s so far beyond broken.

What this tells me is that SGG doesnā€™t just have the B team coders on the game, but now weā€™re getting the B team designers.

I think Isrod is particularly broken, giving mana on being hit (assuming ā€œmoderate amountā€ of mana is at least 1 tile). Is a match3 on a v fast defender with this buff nearly a full bar?

2 Likes

Nice @littleKAF easter egg. Cool new abilities (ignoring the power creep). My favs are Toxicandra and Isrod

4 Likes

Those 5* (except that fast healer) seems good in stats but bad in skills.

7 Likes

Weā€™re going to see plenty of comments about power.

Iā€™m not sure how I feel about the family bonus. My first thought was that I was going to like it. Then I realized that even with 2 heroes, after 20 tiles Iā€™ll only get 10% of the damage back. Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s going to add up to much. With three heroes, you should see it a decent amount that it could be slightly beneficial.

These arenā€™t as OP as the Season 4 heroes.

Iā€™ve been saving up all of my challenge coins, so perhaps Iā€™ll keep saving for these.

Asterius: Attack stat over 800 with generate interest enough. The corrosive burn is an interesting concept. I think this is saying turn 1 will be -18% defense, turn 2 -36%, and turn 3 -54%? If a hero already has a defense down, will they see their defense drop by 18% each turn on top of that?

Crystalis: I can see her as a potential flank on defense. Decent damage at fast speed, DoT, and attack down on top of that. A more powerful, but hit 3 Vela?

Dark Lord: Dark has a lot of Fast snipers that heā€™ll have to compete with. The mana generation will be very nice, especially because it hits 3, not just one. Heā€™s a more powerful Alasie. Being that my only Dark Legendary Fast sniper is Sartana, I want him the most of the new five stars.

Isrod: A much more powerful Sumitomo. A better Elena?

Karnov: I like the addition of more tile manipulators.

Toxicandra: She is perhaps my favorite. A quick heal (although not a lot), a cleanse (perhaps more helpful), but the moderate mana buff for 3 turns is what I like the most. I would use her with my non fast greens.

Ingolf: The devs really seem to like the healing steal mechanic, but I donā€™t know many players that do. Other than stats, Iā€™d rather just use Tiburtus in most situations. Even with the stats, Iā€™m probably still using costume Tibs.

Sanngrior: a blue Kashrek. I donā€™t love him to begin with so I donā€™t love her. I just donā€™t need a 4 star tank.

Edd: Iā€™m a fan of making targets immune to new buffs.

Skrekok: Definitely will be used for challenge events for the 45% attack buff.

4 Likes

Ahā€¦ more new heroes. The little ones donā€™t excite me. Decent would be that fast dark sniper better at it than Gaffar. Among the legendaries, they have super stats in general, much more overpowered than the ninja heroes. But only a select few skills/specials are much desired.

Question though. Does the corrosive, burn, frost and poison last in 3 turns. Does the advertised damage on a per turn basis or is that the total damage after the skill. Not clear to me. Thanks for enlightening.

1 Like

Yes.

Yes.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Guvnor

Thanks. It is much lower than GMā€™s or Clarissaā€™s DoT but a bit higher than Sartanaā€™s or Azlarā€™s on a per turn basis. Please tell the devs to reword the Dots dealt by these new heroes for it to be consistent with those existing ones.

2 Likes

Already had made a suggestion about redoing some of the wording on those specials :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both normal and special damage i suppose. Correct me if im wrong.

Corrosive burn as well as others, do not replace normal burn correct?

She is very strong in my opinion. A fast healer that also give mana and cleanse? I bet they gonna make her average or even slow with increased heal.

Also thank you for all your work and infos :smile:

4 Likes