🧪 Early Information on Kalø Balance Update [Part of The Beta Beat v49]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the balance changes to Kalø ONLY.

Special Note about #hero-balance Forum Tag

This thread is tagged with #hero-balance, allowing Forum members to choose to increase or decrease their visibility of this and similar threads.

For more information, please see: :bell: Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

Don’t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Kalø Change Summary

Mana speed is change to Very Slow from Average
Damage is decreased to 200% from 270% when there are no fallen allies.
Stonskin effect lasts for 5 attacks instead of 3.

Bug Fix:

• Fixed the Special Skill from dealing incorrect high damage when no allies have fallen

Full Descriptions

Kalø Beta Info & Stats

Rarity: Epic/4*
Power: 682

Attack: 643
Defense: 669
HP: 1319

Class: Sorcerer
Element: :leaves: Nature (Green)

Mana Speed: Average Very Slow

Passive: Gargoyle’s Stoneskin
Every time this Gargoyle casts a Special Skil, their Stoneskin hardens. The next 3 5 times they receive damage, it is dropped to 1. This effect can’t be dispelled.

Special Skill: Resurrection of the Fallen

• Deals 135% damage to all enemies.
  • If no allies have fallen, deals 270% 200% twice the amount of damage to all enemies.
  • Cast the Special Skills of all fallen allies.

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

17 Likes

hahahahh i knew it. :smiley: So predictable but don’t worry, he will be buffed to avg just before the next event.

18 Likes

I actually think he should’ve been slow and not very slow, but we’ll see after this round’s beta what’ll happen.

1 Like

:joy::rofl: slow would have been just nice.

Average => Very Slow V49 => Slow (before event)

:joy::rofl:

8 Likes

that was fast :slight_smile: not that I am complaining… at least the change is being tested in beta. I approve.

3 Likes

SGG cannot ignore the clamour. They kept quiet for so long. Lol

2 Likes

I am in the gym… then I saw this and i literally cracked out and started rolling on the floor :rofl:

Well done SG.

6 Likes

Good start. He’ll still be all over VF defenses at the highest levels of play.

1 Like

limit him to VF field, but will be stronger than now since very slow = 5 turns of 1 damage?

1 Like

Seems super reasonable. He will still be a beast in Rush formats.

1 Like

So happy I didn’t pull him now.

1 Like

Common Devs, you just released this hero and people threw lots of money at the portal….now you’re changing his card? Would people have chased Kalo if he were very slow? Most likely not. If you can’t see an issue with this sort of practice then you’re going to loose customers.

Beta gave you the feedback that he was very strong, you could have released him at slow or very slow but you didn’t because you wanted to release a strong hero that people would spend to try and get.

Stop messing with us and release the hero correctly in the first place! Don’t say you couldn’t predict how strong he would be and don’t use “metrics” as you’re scapegoat, you intentionally released him knowing how strong his special was. Do better. I’m not spending more money if this dubious business practice continues.

38 Likes

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you (your main point about just releasing the damn hero the way beta told you to is perfectly valid), but getting Kalo doesn’t really require throwing money at the game. He’s a 4 star hero, nobody spent huge money to get him.

1 Like

This change won’t really solve the problem. From the videos I have seen, Kalo can wipe out an entirely healthy team of maxed heroes if he goes off last. So making him very slow won’t change that at all, right?

4 Likes

Change the name of the game to Empires and False Advertising :smiley:

34 Likes

Oh yeah you spotted that. Yes. VS = 5 turns. :joy::rofl:

He becomes a bigger monster in Rush.

3 Likes

This one does seem fishy, for sure though. Every person who pulled this guy immediately saw that his skill was massively OP. There is no way the devs went into this not knowing that.

7 Likes

I don’t really understand why people are surprised by this anymore.

Cards have been changed for years when they get a balance wrong.

If it looks too good then it’s going to get balanced. Ascend and aether at your own risk until it’s been through an update cycle.

8 Likes

Yup. Enough players agree with you.

They need to tone down the “copy ally” special to 1x (random) to gel with Lolo (only 1x) (and keep him at average) or since he’s nerfed to Vs (2x random).

Or Reduced damage for 3rd and 4th ally copy.

1 Like

Kalo probably feels like this now

12 Likes