šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on "IMPROVED" Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

For comparison, 4* AM from elemental chest is 10%.

1 Like

If we indeed get about 1k alkashards per week that might makes it a worthwhile improvement. Especially that recipes provide more output for both less input items and food (except for 10A and 10B) which will help me save food.

Also, I would use 10B once in a while to transfer those extra tomes and blades into useful ascension material.

1 Like

My biggest issues are the costs and waiting times.

If I read it correctly, Iā€™d have to sacrifice 2 ascension items in order to get one. Why on Earth would I do that?
Those with 50 spare tabbards might not have a problem with it, but I bet dollars to donuts that does only apply to a very small number of players.

Furthermore, the food costs are ridiculously high and would bring nearly everything to hold for a day. I donā€™t know if players with a fully maxed stronghold (mine is currently at lvl21) and buildings ever run into food issues, but I occasionally do and I donā€™t really see myself spending 2000k+ on a possible chance of getting the item I want, when I know that I will most likely receive an item I donā€™t want.

Lastly, the time. Itā€™s 14 days, right? Itā€™s far too long. If I grew a beard, it would be grey and about a meter long by the time I got my item.
Iā€™d better be off trying my luck with the chests and titans.

To sum it up, if the costs stay that high, I donā€™t see many reasons to use the lab.
In fact, the only scenario where I could ever imagine spending 2 items for one were if I got the desired item I needed at a much shorter time frame.

3 Likes

That reminds me of my mom introducing me to the wonders of baking and cooking. I think I was 5 years old and I wanted to make pancakes.

I donā€™t remember what I made, but it didnā€™t taste like pancakes.

2 Likes

Perhaps you accidentally made panned cakes? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:rofl: I suspect when you redeem whatever you baked in your AL10 itā€™s going to have a similar taste :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: at least let us use 3 ALs at the same time like the old version, that way we can be disappointed quicker and more often

:pancakes: :pancakes: :pancakes:

2 Likes

Fully agree

I, however, do mind the gem cost. Mostly because it produces items I very much donā€™t need. I donā€™t want to end up spending 100 gems on 100 chain mail. So, I wonā€™t spend 1 to begin the downward spiral. The alkashard was supposed to be the fix to that. But 10k is too many. And the new 1k is junk, as it opens the door to 3* fodder (which is what youā€™ll likely receive).

Donā€™t ā€œfixā€ a failed system by removing the one thing thatā€™s right with it. Keep 10 and fix the rest.

There needs to be some kind of sacrifice. Maintaining balance requires you to give something great in order to receive something great. The issue with the current setup is that you give greatly and receive poorly.

2 Likes

Once again long time players get the middle finger. With everything that has happened the past few weeks in the game + covid many started to reevaluate & walk away. No value, no enjoyment, no progress, just endless frustration. Can hardly call it a game. Will be surprised if current L70+ players are still around after all of this. Judging by all the chatter many stopped spending. C2P & P2P are the biggest losers again. Break the bank to get a hero you canā€™t ascend. Also, they will devalue heroes on purpose and try sell their upgrades again to you.
Long time players need to pay twice for the same hero (costumes). Wonā€™t be long and S2 heroes will get costumes or something and your current new S1 costumed heroes will be redundant once more

2 Likes

The title is confusing. What exactly is improved about this?

Everything about it is worse. We donā€™t have to spend gems to use it, however, in its place we have to use all of the food our storage can hold. To get all of that food, we would have to go to the shop and spend gems to fill our food storages. So, we will still have to spend even more gems than we would have as it is. NOT AN IMPROVEMENT.

Then we can only do one thing at a time instead of 3. How is that an improvement? NOT AN IMPROVEMENT.

Next, we currently know what is coming our way when we combine the alkashards. So the improvement is a chance to get something without really knowing. NOT AN IMPROVEMENT.

Oh, and then instead of a 1 for 1 trade in level 10, itā€™s now 2 for 1? BREAKING NEWS: THATā€™s THE OPPOSITE OF AN IMPROVEMENT.

Please change the title of this thread so that the word improved does not appear because it is a complete lie. You took this crap and made it crappier. Please change the title to: We took the awful alchemy lab and made it worse!

At least that would be accurate and not misleading.

4 Likes

Dear @wick_dawg,
Nowhere in my post IMPROVED is mentioned. Iā€™m merely saying that AL level 10a is something I find very useful. For me food and 3* unfarmable materials arenā€™t a problem, and the rewards are much better then what you put in.

1 Like

Aside from having the ability of transmuting farmable materials into unfarmable 3* (warm capes, sturdy shields, hidden blades, and orbs) materials (i.e., Recipe 10A), I fail to understand the intended purpose of any of the AL recipes. The game developers should understand that it is end-level players who will actually have the resources and time available to invest in the AL ā€“ the level of iron/ham cost to construct/research is absurd and essentially only end-level players will invest.

Given the above, I am failing to understand why the AL does not include a recipe for transmuting farmable 3* ascension mats into 4* ascension mats.

4 Likes

3A! IĀ“m sold.

19+ K Pratices Swords and 19+ K Battle Manuals are waiting for transmutation.

Sorry, I wasnā€™t saying anything about your post. Itā€™s the title of the thread that says ā€œimprovedā€.

I like this version because you can make emblems. Iā€™m leveling my lab as we speak.

Regarding 3A, depends on the time to transmute/produce the backpacks. In the current Beta state, the Alkashard output from 3A (namely, 7 shards) is pathetic.

One of the key aspects I am interested in with the updated AL is gaining 1000 Alkashards as quickly as possible, with the aim of exchanging for ascension mat rewards. Hopefully the 10A transmute time is not any longer than current AL (7 days), so that with 10A (or, 10B if one is inclined to loose 4* ascension mats) we can expect an Alkashard exchange about once a week.

With 3A, you would need to transmute 143 backpacks (=1000/7, rounded up) in order to gain the 1000 shards. Personally, I gain sufficient backpacks just from farming ā€“ currently, I have 3 TC2 running at 50+ days each and still have 9000+ backpacks in inventory.

@zephyr1 ā€“ regarding the Alkashard revised rewards Slots 1 and 2:

Slot 1: 1 x 3* ascension mat or 1 x 4* ascension mat
Slot 2: 1 x 3* ascension mat

Is there a reason why anyone would choose Slot 2 over Slot 1 (i.e., miss the opportunity to collect a 4* ascension mat)? Am I missing something?

Probably not, but there isnā€™t always a 4* mat available.

I find this far too complicated and too expensive for what is supposed to be a fun diversion. Feels more and more like a full time job.

Thanks for putting all of this together. It still boggles my mind that Small Giant relies on voluntary moderators to post things of this nature instead of providing something directly from their employees. I feel the same about the monthly calendar of events and so much more; but Iā€™m glad you and others have their and our backs.

9 Likes

I think this update makes the most sense. Most of us want backpacks. I have over 15k training manuals that will never get used, so converting those to swords or backpacks would be nice. I just hope it doesnā€™t take 9hrs to convert. Should be able to do it fast (<30 mins)ā€¦or 78 days of continuous training manual conversion. :laughing:

The biggest downside to all of this is the not being able to run 2-3 transmutations at a time. Why not?

1 Like