🧪 Early Information on "IMPROVED" Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Any updates from Beta? or was just 1 round for the Alchemy Lab?

There is an update. You need to wait.

2 Likes

This. I barely looked (thanks Zephyr1, as usual great job!), because for such a seemingly simple thing it seems too convoluted. Seriously, if I hadn’t noticed others’ posts about possibility of getting backpacks from transmutation, I’d have to dig throguh the information for an hour. I like complicated stuff and strategy, but this is a bit overboard. Changes are welcome - with old AL the bar is really low - but some tweaks to alkashards count, rewards and abovementioned backpack transmutation would suffice… I think.

Well no. I refuse to digg into this over complicated nonsense. But thanks for the effort SGG

Beta Update

Alchemy Lab has returned to Beta, with updates to some of the Recipe Food Costs. I’ve detailed those below, as well as updating the top of this thread.

All of the Recipes also had gem costs for Boosting Alkashards reduced quite a lot, and in some cases the Alkashards produced when Boosting have also been adjusted. Again, those are detailed below and above.

These changes effectively reduce the costs of Alkashards purchased with gems, and may make using gems to Boost Alkashards more attractive to more players — though the costs are still considerable.

:bow_and_arrow: @zephyr1’s observation:
At the best rate in 10A and 10B, it would still cost 428.6 gems per 1000 Alkashards, which seems to me like a steep price for a low chance at a 4* Ascension Material, with a 3* Ascension Material or 10 Emblems as a fallback option. The other Recipes would be even more expensive.

Nonetheless, 428.6 gems is technically an improvement over the 1428.6 gems it cost at minimum in the previous version.

While Beta remains at 10 seconds for all Transmutations for testing purposes, the actual times have been published by Small Giant so that feedback can be given. Most of the times mirror the existing Transmutation times in the live Alchemy Lab, but a couple have been increased very slightly. I’ve noted those below, and in the second post of this thread with the Recipe details.

The names of a couple of the Recipes have also been clarified, by changing “from” to “into different,” e.g. “Transmute EPIC Ascension Materials from into different EPIC Ascension Materials.”

I’ve split up the top post of this thread into two separate posts, and moved the new second post directly below the first. The first post now contains the overview and summary, and the second post now contains all of the details on each Recipe.

Here’s a summary of the changes in this second round of Beta:

Boosted Alkashard Changes

Recipe Old Gem Cost New Gem Cost Extra Alkashards
Recipe 1A: Transmute COMMON Crafting Materials into different COMMON Crafting Materials 2 1 1
Recipe 1B: Transmute UNCOMMON Crafting Materials from COMMON Crafting Materials 2 1 1
Recipe 2A: Transmute COMMON Battle Items into different COMMON Battle items 4 1 2
Recipe 2B: Transmute UNCOMMON Battle Items from COMMON Battle Items 4 1 2
Recipe 3A: Transmute COMMON Ascension Materials into different COMMON Ascension Materials 6 1 3 2
Recipe 3B: Transmute UNCOMMON Ascension Materials from COMMON Ascension Materials 6 1 3 2
Recipe 4A: Transmute UNCOMMON Crafting Materials into different UNCOMMON Crafting Materials 10 3 5 6
Recipe 4B: Transmute RARE Crafting Materials from UNCOMMON Crafting Materials 10 3 5 6
Recipe 5A: Transmute UNCOMMON Battle Items into different UNCOMMON Battle Items 20 5 10 12
Recipe 5B: Transmute RARE Battle Items from UNCOMMON Battle Items 20 5 10 12
Recipe 6A: Transmute UNCOMMON Ascension Materials into different UNCOMMON Ascension Materials 28 7 14
Recipe 6B: Transmute RARE Ascension Materials from UNCOMMON Ascension Materials 28 7 14
Recipe 7A: Transmute RARE Crafting Materials into different RARE Crafting Materials 46 11 23
Recipe 7B: Transmute EPIC Crafting Materials from RARE Crafting Materials 46 11 23
Recipe 8A: Transmute RARE Battle Items into different RARE Battle Items 90 21 45
Recipe 8B: Transmute EPIC Battle Items from RARE Battle Items 90 21 45
Recipe 9A: Transmute EPIC Crafting Materials into different EPIC Crafting Materials 150 35 75
Recipe 9B: Transmute EPIC Battle Items into different EPIC Battle Items 150 35 75
Recipe 10A: Transmute RARE Ascension Materials into different RARE Ascension Materials 500 150 350
Recipe 10B: Transmute EPIC Ascension Materials from EPIC Ascension Materials 500 150 350

Transmutation Food Cost Changes

Recipe Old New
Recipe 2B: Transmute UNCOMMON Battle Items from COMMON Battle Items 3100 3600
Recipe 3B: Transmute UNCOMMON Ascension Materials from COMMON Ascension Materials 6000 7000
Recipe 4B: Transmute RARE Crafting Materials from UNCOMMON Crafting Materials 14500 15000
Recipe 5B: Transmute RARE Battle Items from UNCOMMON Battle Items 25000 30000
Recipe 6B: Transmute RARE Ascension Materials from UNCOMMON Ascension Materials 41000 45000

Transmutation Duration Changes

Recipe Old New
Recipe 5B: Transmute RARE Battle Items from UNCOMMON Battle Items 9h 12h
Recipe 6B: Transmute RARE Ascension Materials from UNCOMMON Ascension Materials 12h 15h

Full details in context can be seen in this post: 🧪 Early Information on IMPROVED Alchemy Lab [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

2 Likes

thanks, @zephyr1 - glad to finally know the times! 2.5ish weeks of backpack farming to get 1k shards? great! and a week for the 10A/B seems about right, too.

3 Likes

Great info, and thanks for the massive effort to upload this.

I’ve had a question brewing in my mind for a while with this.

The uncommon quest “battle items 2” gives a raid flask as a reward for tier 3 completion. I’m really doubtful but it bears asking: can you convert to/from raid flasks in this new alchemy lab?

1 Like

No, none of the current or new Recipes make use of any of the Flasks, unfortunately.

1 Like

This is ridiculous, the % for 4* AM it’s too small and they still want 2 4* AM to to give us just 1.

3 Likes

No changes to level 10B at all? I need to empty entire storage worth of food and sacrifice two of the most precious items in the game to get one I can’t even choose?

Who’s ever interested?

8 Likes

Timewise it’s fine, but even with the reduced material cost I’d need about 2.5k mats to run it for 1k shards. That means I could run it for maybe 2 or 3k shards :confused: undoable to have it perpetually moving. I think 10A might be better to get the 1K shards

1 Like

I was waiting so hard for this news from @zephyr1 just to see that they didnt improve anything. Still 2 4 star materials in 10B what the…

How the hell can they think “yeah, let us change an Alchemy labor that sucks, to something that sucks even more”?

Thank a lot Zephyr for your help. SG just disappoint me so hard :confused:

8 Likes

Regarding Recipe 10B: Could the developers please change the number of required 4* mat ingredients back to one? For me, I cannot afford to lose a single 4* ascension mat, as these are incredibly rare to come by – if I am lucky, I’ll see a single 4* ascension mat about once per week. In the current Beta state I would not plan on ever using 10B.

Given the high cost of food and farming resources, the AL seems to be geared toward end-players. So could we please introduce more opportunities to transmute 4* ascension mats?

1 Like

Very happy with most of the changes. Then I saw nine and ten. Can we please bring back my snowball’s chance at 4* mats when making 3*… and can they please understand that very few players want to trade two 4* mats for one?

That and 100 gems will get you a cup of coffee,

-Tim

I had some free time this morning and wanted to put data into a sheet and crunch some numbers

IIRC store sells emblems @ 175 gems for 10 emblems. Boost seems like another way to buy emblems for P2W crowd but seems like a LOT of work.
The whole idea of reducing RNG spikes w/ certain mats doesn’t seem to be the intent here. Let’s face it, outside of desperation no one wants to trade two epic mats for one. Rolling/Gambling for an extra epic mat seems like it’ll take week to months. I think best use is to throw unwanted food and junk to convert them into emblems.

4 Likes

Level 9 and 10 are worse than they are currently. So stupid

1 Like

Okay, everybody seems to have a handle on alkashards. What the hell are alkashards?!! What are they good for? And why do I want them?

Maybe others want to know , too :blush::thinking:

Every time you use alchemy lab to transmute stuff it gives you certain number of Alkashards along with end result. Think of them like reward points you accumulate while spending via credit cards. Gather enough of those and you can pick one of six rewards viz mats, emblems or lodge battle items. There’s more info on top and some threads in #player-guides you can search for

Cookie Settings