šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

you have to be objective and see it from other peoples view point the devs still want to make a profit and make money, the players dont want to have to spend thousands to get anything you need to compromise somewhere. Previously people were not happy with the odds offered but if they increased the odds then the incentive to pull in Tavern of legends something the devs hoped would be a money maker goes way down. By including season 2 five stars and event five stars they can increase the odds for players to get something good whilst still including the incentive for people to pull at Tavern of legends.

My thoughts attempt to take into account things from the devs perspective and things from the players perspectives.

1 Like

Thanks! Wow, fast responseā€¦ Iā€™ll try to explain better, I was trying not to let the post become too lengthy.

Basically, Iā€™d get rid of anything that results in common except for troops and trainer heroes. I wouldnā€™t and I donā€™t think others would see any benefit in common hero training or troop training if thatā€™s all it gives. I would likely just use uncommon to create common and uncommon troops similarly to TC2.

The drop rates at 100% were due to the levels not having any other options for seasonal heroes. Itā€™s a bit confusing as laid out. Hereā€™s the example using level 5, 6 and 8:

• 5 - Drop rates correspond to the season, not the level of hero. Basically, only 3* are produced, it just varies on which season.

• 6 - Drop rate corresponds to the level of hero since no season is applicable

• 8 - Drop rates refer to season and the HOTM. In this way itā€™s only a 5% chance at HOTM, which is inline with TC20 5* drop rate as Iā€™ve found on a spreadsheet available on this forum. The rest is 26% season I, 52% season II, 17% season III.

I was attempting to work in the new seasons into the TC since my guess is TC20 will be very unlikely to ever produce season II or III heroes. In this way, the game can still grow and players are more enticed to continue play and build the hero academy. Incidentally, as more seasons are added SGG can add them into the drop rates in a way they see fit. Iā€™m already growing tired of the 3* season I heroes as is and Iā€™ve only been playing for < 2 months.

Does this help?

1 Like

They took the words retrain from my postā€¦but I think they missed the important parts of what I was trying to point out here.

Is that a win for me @zephyr1 ?

2 Likes

I think we should count it, seems like a good time to be counting all wins.

4 Likes

Hey, looks good the event heroes in HA, but i did not understand (maybe because i missed some posts) what this meant

The ā€œlimited availabilityā€ Heroes are the ones with a 5% Appearance Rate.

2 Likes

oh so that does not meant that you can ā€œpick\getā€ them only for a limited time right?

What about the Epic/Rare Event/S2 heroes? Are they still unavailable from HA?

No, you can never pick them, itā€™s just a very low chance at a random one.

Theyā€™re currently available in Hero Academy all the time. Whether thatā€™ll change in the future isnā€™t known at this point.

1 Like

Yes, thereā€™s so far no indication they intend to add those, though several people have suggested it.

1 Like

Thank you for clarify my doubts and my stupidity :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thereis no point in saving 4* dupes thenā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Iā€™m actually more interested in the 4* rather than 5*ā€¦

1 Like

No, not in the current design.

Thereā€™s no retraining for 3* or 4* currently, and the 3* and 4* Levels only give Season 1 Heroes.

2 Likes

If they have so many useless levels, why not trim it to just 5 total levels insteadā€¦

Cause they need filler levels to prolong the final level

Same reason training camp had the color trainings

To sucker new players into wasting time and resources and delay them getting to tc20 so that theyā€™re more likely to keep doing summons to play catch up

Sg is just playin everyone for fools honestly. Worked so far :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

But I still use them as of now :rofl:

Thatā€™s a lot of time and resources wasted but to each their own

3 Likes

I think its more by including choice people can feel strategical in their decisions and thus feel like they are accomplishing things you need to give people a way of playing a game badly for them to feel they are playing it well.

Are they going to add heroes to the pool like they will be with the tavern of legends? For example, will Seshat be added after next month to the list above?

It might be weird, but I use it partly to slow down and reducing mats consumption while leveling just 1 hero to 3/70 and aiming for 8/8 skill.

Back to topic:
If there are color specific training for 5* whether it is in TC or HA, that would be good.