đŸ§Ș Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Well, you’d think you could use all that rope in 2 days, but since you can’t queue things, exactly how on the spot are you going to be for this?

The lack of queuing makes the super fast levels much, much less useful. Nope, I’m wrong and was corrected below.

Even so, agree that the build times are completely insane.

And still, I think it’s cool. I would definitely level up at 3/70 a second Vivica than having a 1/1 Mitzuko piling dust up and taking roster space.
We are talking about heroes that we DON’T need, so what is the problem if he/she becomes worse? Re-train that hero!
With HA10 as it is now, every 5* becomes a currency to have new heroes that is 100% gem cost free. I truly welcome that, expecially since the change ratio is one 5* for another (honestly, I was expecting somethin MUCH worse).

I don’t think tha HA is a building meant for instant gratification, we’re about to experience a lot of bad retrain but, still, it’s a solid mean to get more heroes without having to spend more.

I wouldn’t change much now aside for the time required for a single pull. 7 days are A LOT.

And I also understand the frustration in having a hotm become a S1 hero. My guess is that the point of HA it’s not to give you exclusively the hero you need, but to find a use for the heroes you have in excess.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble figuring out why you would be opposed to what the other person put up with 9 and 10 becoming exclusive for seasonal, HOTM, S2, and Challenge event if the HA listed right now, the level 10 became level 8 with the same odds ect

I’ll tell you why with humble honesty:

Because somehow I read the Papca post BUT NOT the one of TigerDevil, where he puts the entire reworked list of each steps. Reading just the Papca ones felt like the HA10 would give you heroes depending on the one you sacrifice.

My bad. I apologize

Fair enough. I already know I wouldnt be one that would even level up past level 9 since I have only 2 dupes and ironically, only 2 S2 heros. I really dont think they would be too much play unless you’re a big time spender

Take care

@zephyr1, please, today we were polling whole day. As this idea has such a huge support in the poll, are we allowed to start an Idea and feature thread about this idea?

It looks that it is not marginal topic. So my opinion is that it should be not agaist forum rules.

Thanks, this is a really nice analysis. I didn’t realize just how bad those troop trainings were. They will barely make a dent.

Great point about HA3. That will easily be the best source of hero XP in the game, provided that you have the food to support it.

HA1 - Very slight improvement over TC19
HA2 - Ok, but HA4 will save a lot of food over the long run
HA3 - Best source of fast hero XP (about 2.6x faster than TC19 at double the food cost)
HA4 - Slightly lower XP/hour than HA2, but lower resource costs
HA5 - Why would anyone use this?
HA6 - Lower resource costs than HA4, but produces about 22% less XP/hour
HA7 - Pales in comparison to HA3; looks like it might produce XP at about the same speed at TC11
HA8 - Why would an end-game player use this?
HA9 - Depends whether you need it
HA10 - Ok, I suppose, but could be faster

I won’t stop you, but I will warn you that someone else merging a separate thread about Hero Academy back to here is very likely while it’s in Beta.

That’s how similar threads have been handled before.

OMG, no queueing in the hero academy? Really? Seriously? GAWD, that’s awful, and yes, that makes the 1/minute levels effectively useless. That’s sad, as they were the best things in it. Sigh.

Edit: Thanks @zephyr1 for correcting this. I could almost delete this as nothing is valid besides my outrage at a hypothetical situation that SG isn’t dumb enough to do c

2 Likes

Only for Retrainings.

The regular Levels allow queueing.

That’s covered in the top post of this thread:

5 Likes

The latest iteration doesn’t address the issue of unused duplicate 5* clogging up roster space. Let us trade in more than 1 legendary at a time to free up roster space. We’ve been holding onto duplicate 5* for a year only to find out that to get this building running it only requires one 5*, and if you don’t like the output, just use that single 5* all over again.

Maybe include something were we can throw away duplicate 5* (or several) for a chance to get 10, 20, or 30 emblems.

4 Likes

Whew. That’s no big problem as those take long enough to be less of an issue!

1 Like

So based off some quick math, it’ll take 69 (nice) days between upgrading to stronghold 25 and getting the HA to level 10. Then an addition 14 days to research level 10 and then a week after that Is when the first training can be complete. So almost exactly 3 full months to get your first swapped 5* hero. Hopefully they roll this out sooner rather than later as we all have a lot of upgrading to do

2 Likes

Have you finished all of the Iron/Food Storage upgrades from SH24 already?

I have VIP, and have Level 7 underway on each at the moment.

So I still have a while of those upgrades left before I could start on SH25 and Hero Academy.

2 Likes

Nope. In fact I slacked pretty bad on getting those upgraded. Currently working on my second level 7 iron storage. I can’t even upgrade to stronghold 24 yet lol so needless to say it’ll be much longer for me

1 Like

Do big spender need this slow building after having all of the heroes from quick summon?

@BarryWuzHere, thanks for your analysis. I am huge fan of your work.

3 Likes

Ya, I actually do think they would use it

Oh they added event heroes and 5% chance? Am I dreaming? Did they stone hearts melted a bit? Now make it 5 days and calm down on the upgrade and research time. 5% kinda looks good but actually there’s a 95% chance of getting a classic hero every 7 days. Still. Sucks. Lol. The training time for troops decreased a bit but still too much.

Academy will be used by senior people. Our troops are already level 20 or more. Getting one 1* troop every 18h will help in basically nothing.
95% chance of receiving the 5th Obakan after a load of iron and 7 days waiting
 ArgH

Almost all other levels of the academy are useless though

It’s getting better but FAR AWAY from what we deserve after 500 days of waiting.

3 Likes

The duration cannot be shortened, the pool is diluted. Will they be patiently wait for it?

They will just pay at Tavern of Legends while also aiming at the secret hero.