šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

I was not expecting much. After all, main reason SGG does all this is because of a profit, and they dont want to give up all that summon income. Butā€¦
It would be fair to make possible to ā€œretrainā€ duplicate HOTM into another HOTM (S2 to S2, event to event). I`d rather leave all my Malosi or Guardian Owl dupes (for example) and max them eventually, than exchange them for useless Khagan or Horghall. That would be stupid.

3 Likes

The same sort of idea has been suggested in Beta feedback several times ā€” and several times in this thread, too, as you noted.

Iā€™m not sure how much value there would be in creating a separate post in Ideas & Feature Requests for something still in Beta. Normally weā€™ve encouraged discussion in the Beta Beat and Beta feedback threads to help increase visibility for the game designers.

Somehow I feel like there should be a LARGE PINNED message on the top of the forum home page that says:

SMALL GIANT DOES NOT LISTEN TO MANY REQUESTS.

AND EVEN IF THEY DO IT WILL TAKE 500 DAYS.

DO NOT BOTHER WITH REQUESTS.

6 Likes

I see your point. Thank you.
My point is: to enable communication sgg - players, while new feature is designed.

In other words to see clearly how many players support this. And to stop the mood that sgg is not listening.

Or could we do a poll within this thread?

Actually it would be much easier if they didnt take us for a fool and they tried to design actually useful features in the first place. We could spare so much time and energy if we didnt have to whine all day so they change their useless plans into something better just to avoid a massive uproar.

5 Likes

Poll about proposal like this:

• Retrain 5* Heroes (5% chance at S2/Event/Seasonal/HotM 5*)
  • Retrain S2/Event/Seasonal 5*
  • Retrain HotM

How important is for you that event heroes, s2 heroes and hotm keep their value in retraining?
0 - not important, 10 - most important

0 voters

What express your opinion in words (multiple choice)?

• Exactly what I am waiting for with my dupes.
  • I do not have dupes for it.
  • This is important to keep it fair - keep value of heroes already summoned.
  • I do not care.
  • I find suggested change unfair.

0 voters

1 Like

What with s3 duplicates?I dont need 3 x sif but i dont want to switch sif for justice either

3 Likes

Thatā€™s too much reasonable to become true in E&P world.

9 Likes

Improvement of second version of Hero Academy: they place a ribbon on it and made some rap-like background to make it more cool.

Thatā€™s pretty much all the improvement.

Never stop to disappoint me.
In a sense thatā€™s remarkable.

If they stopped disappointing you you would be just as disappointed as now because you are expecting them to disappoint you constantly.

It would be nice a ā€œretrain epic heroesā€ to give dupes some use. Even better would be ā€œretrain epic heroes into legendary heroesā€, change could be adjusted to be fair, like input many epic to get one legendary or limit the legendaries in the pool of this training to the vanilla ones i.e.

FtP means lots of 4* and few 5*, so f2p friendly should take this on account.

Probably someone has mentioned something like this, but topic is geting bigger and cant track it all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I wish there is also the 3*/4* version.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how much value there would be in creating a separate post in Ideas & Feature Requests for something still in Beta. Normally weā€™ve encouraged discussion in the Beta Beat and Beta feedback threads to help increase visibility for the game designers.

May be because same situation was when alchemy lab was introduced. Me any many players said from the begingā€¦ it will be waste of time and iron for bulding it. And ques what? We were right. The building had to be reworked from bases. We giving you view from players side what will using it.

You really thing giving 1,7M food with 300 recruits per week with my 5* hero is solid offer if I can get with 95% same quality Hero? Or the situation If I sacriface my not used HOTM will give me super hero like Horghal is solid deal?
If beta testers agree with introducing building like this one you should exchange them. If they have doubts listent to them please.

List of Hero with 5% probability is longer than list of heroes with 95% probability. So if it will work this way I can get approximately one hero per year from that list of 50 Heroes what are not from season 1. And quest what? Will I be happy if it will be Hero what I already have?

We only giving you warning. Don not make same mistake!

4 Likes

So, basically a S1 hero could be converted to anything, but a S2 hero will always be a S2 hero?
While I can see the intention to keep the value of a hero ā€œsourceā€, I fail to see some advantages in this suggestion.

If I have S2 dupes, I basically donā€™t care what they become as long as itā€™s something I donā€™t already have. Why restricting the possible outcome?

My idea is that you can get S1 hereos from TC20 for free.
For S2, event heroes or hotm you have to pay (unless you are extremly lucky).
So you do not want to retrain your hotm into S1 hero.

In other words: Current design is great for those having S1 duplicates (eg. I have Khagan, but would like S1 sniper instead). But not solving situation of people having S2, event and hotm duplicates (eg. nobody risks to get Khagan in return for his second Frida).

3 Likes

Or up to 5 heroes at a time, for 5 new heroes that donā€™t match any of the originals. This would be a great improvement - they can even adjust the time to train appropriately.

2 Likes

Oh, I see your point, even if I donā€™t agree ^^

I mean, youā€™re right in not risking a frida for a khagan, but you could retrain that new khagan again and potentially get a gravemaker.
Unfortunately, when it comes down to rng anything is possible.

From my perspective, every dupe is equal. They are heroes that you donā€™t want, so basically it doesnā€™t matter where they come from. They are now FUEL for HA, they are the coin that keep the slot machine spinning. Theyā€™ll become something useful, one day.

2 Likes

We can be fair and let say that past HOTM have 95% chance to be only past HOTM and 5% to be S1 hero. Fair?

4 Likes

Does it matter? As it is now, a past hotm could be a Thorne (yeah, sad) but also a poseidon. And even if turns out to be a Thorne, maybe could be a poseidon next time.

I was doubting the restrictions suggested by Papca. Because said restrinctions would greatly benefit only those who have hotm dupe, while cutting off from getting hotms those who have a second atomos

Honestly, I donā€™t want to sound whiny, simply I find that restrictions not much appealing.

2 Likes

I think those are the ā€œoriginalā€ 5* from those events. Jabberwock, Finley, Black Knight et. al. came in the revamped format of 15 levels. What worries me is that does this mean those heroes may become phased out for newer event heroes? :scream:

@zephyr1, any word behind the scenes on anything like that?