šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

I feel like it should be 2 days. You can craft a hero in TC 20 in 2 days, why canā€™t you do the same in the HA, when you are using way more resources including a legendary hero to begin with?

2 Likes

Very good suggestion. Supported!

1 Like

Dear SGG (@Petri)
Considering the HA cannot be queued I would like to propose different approach to level 10 legendary retrainingā€¦
What if you change the waiting time to the cool down time, i.e. when you put your spare 5* to retrain you get an immediate outcome - so you get the new hero upfront. But then cool down time applies (x days) before you can repeat the action (unless speeded up with gems). It does not harm the system, but this way you manage the players expectations :slight_smile: instead of x days waiting and get another s1 ace, you get the slap in your face upfront and the subsequent few days give us time to heal the woulds. And you are ready for rinse and repeat :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I LOLed and funnily enough ı like this idea if i can use other trains on Hero Academy on cooldown time

Reviewing the Second draft of the Hero Academy:

The Bad

1. As others have said, the troop training is too resource intensive to really be a strong option. A lot of us want this, but the XP per time and XP per resources is not great.

2. One big oversight is that the duplicate 3 and 4 star Atlantis and Event heroes donā€™t have any trade-in value. Also, it would be great if duplicate costumes were addressed by one level.

3. Luckily, not all 10 of the HA levels are useful! So itā€™s be easy to take a few of them out and sub in options for the cards I listed in point 2. In particular, why would anyone use this to make 3 and 4 star heroes that they can already get more easily from Training Camps? That those are outputs for this sort of end-game building is risible.

The Good

1. Still no gem costs.

2. I think we all understand why SGG wants to dilute the pool of former HOTMā€™s. S1 heroes are annoying, but Atlantis and Event heroes are an improvement.

3. Transparency: there was no reason to NOT disclose the drop rate for the heroes we most covet. Thank you for publishing that. Now we can objectively evaluate the building and make decisions.

4. As I noted in my comments on the first version, I was hopeful that this would be a testing process. This version is certainly better and I hope there will be more testing.

My Plan

Overall, this is a lot better. But that, frankly, has more to do with the first version being completely appalling than this version being amazing. Iā€™m still not convinced this is a viable building. But Iā€™ll reserve final judgment until we see another version. And I VERY much hope weā€™ll see another version before this is released.

One simple way this could be dramatically improved is to let us cover up a House with it. As is, right now, part of the buildingā€™s downside is that we have to compromise part of our baseā€™s core production to even build it.

26 Likes

I realize that this is somewhat repetitive, but hereā€™s what I think would be a fair, but crowd pleasing set of options for the HA:

1. Train 1* Troops
  2. Train 2* Troops
  3. Train 1* and 2* Trainer Heroes (maybe 75%/25%)
  4. Train 3* and 4* Troops (5% chance at 4* Troop)
  5. Train 2*, 3*, and 4* Trainer Heroes (maybe 75%/20%/5%)
  6. Retrain 4* Troops
  7. Retrain 4* Heroes (5% chance at S2/Event/Seasonal 4*)
  8. Retrain 5* Heroes (5% chance at S2/Event/Seasonal/HotM 5*)
  9. Retrain S2/Event/Seasonal 5*
  10. Retrain HotM

HotMs and challenge event and seasonal event heroes would only be available beginning one year after their initial release. Atlantis, Valhalla, and future season heroes would only be available once the next season is out.

I believe that each of these levels would get used, provided that the resource costs and wait times were appropriate. Levels 7 and 8 would give f2p players a chance to train heroes that are typically behind paywalls, and would give all players an opportunity to train event and seasonal heroes outside of their normal appearance windows. Level 9 would allow players to exchange a Guardian Owl for an Ursena, for example, without taking the chance of winding up with a Khagan. Level 10 would be similar, but would limit the pool to older HotMs.

As far as wait times, I think something like 2 days for Level 7 and 4-5 days for Level 8 are appropriate. Levels 9 and 10 should probably be longerā€¦ something like 7-14 days.

18 Likes

This I could totally get on board with and was expecting it to look similar to what you layed out. Down the line though, there would need to be another level added for S3 and so on heroes

They could definitely add more levels, but I was thinking that heroes from future seasons would get lumped into levels 7, 8, and 9 once their season is no longer the most recent season.

Ya but I dont think we will see S3 lumped into the pool until S4 comes out. Too much $$$$ for them to lose by putting them into the HA until its been somewhat depleted

Of course!!!

C2P. That was my first thought!
Iā€™d spend to get dupes I could convert. Wont be pulling if dupes arent worth it

4 Likes

They havenā€™t said but hereā€™s how the interest divides:

• Interest of players: give same level back as level submitted (quid pro quo)
  • Compromise interest: give asc mats back (youā€™d still need to relevel with feeders)
  • Interest of SGG: give nothing back but base/unleveled hero (same old grind)
2 Likes

This summarizes my viewpoint very well. Unfortunately, they donā€™t tell us anything other than ā€œHereā€™s something to testā€ in beta, so thereā€™s no way to really know if theyā€™re going to keep tinkering or going to have it show up in the Announcements and roll out this version. I am pessimistic about the prospect of improvements being made much further, but we wonā€™t know until either the release is announced or another beta version is released.:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I recommended something similar. As a c2p, Iā€™d like to be able to retrain 3* as well, but only for different seasonal characters. Some others have mentioned retraining specific color characters. That seemed like a nice touch too!

1 Like

The way I see it lvl 10 is still meh.
More than 26% of the players will have 0 benefit from it after half a year, except millions of food/iron wasted. 7 days is just way too long.
There are 2 concerns in my perspective.

1. There is no benefit of saving 5* heroes. With a single training camp you still produce more 5* heroes than you can use in HA. If you have multiple TC20 running, you are just doing yourself a disfavour by creating very expensive fodder/limiting your roster space.

2. The rate of gaining special heroes is so slow, the gap between spenders and CtP/FtP will only increase. If you only use heroes of 1-1,5 years old or older, gaining heroes at a faster rate shouldnā€™t be a problem. Spenders wont wait 1,5 years to get a hero.

I think fixes arenā€™t that hard.

1. Be able to use multiple 5* heroes for a guarenteed special hero. Not a specific one. I think 5-10 is a good number. It will reward long time players immediatly, while new players are rewarded for their grind/running multiple TC20.

2. I see 2 fixes. You could lower the training time (3-4 days), but I would just prefer a pitytimer on like 20 tries. You will get a guaranteed 2,5 special hero a year, with reasonable odds of 4 heroes a year. Not gamebreaking at all, spenders will still spend.

When combining 1 and 2 you can actually get a special hero from the pitytimer and then use your 5-10 5* heroes to get another one. Thatā€™s okay as well, since 5* heroes are rare enough for players to be able to use this feature for an extended period of time.

A big upside of this approach is that powercreep is less of an issue because the stronger new heroes will eventually also be available for FtP/CtP and spenders will still spend.

Just my 2 cents

P.S. HA lvl ??? (Instead of a useless one): 20 recruits, TC2, no backpacks. I would sign up for that

5 Likes

I would really love to be able to add more than one 5* and have the chance of getting a limited hero increase. It would be great to add up to 10 5* heroes, and each 5* hero adds 5% to get a limited hero. So 10 5*s would give you a 50% chance of receiving a limited hero

2 Likes

Troop times are still off-the-charts high. :frowning:

Suggest changing the Taberna de legendas so that you get only legends. Many people will invest to get it and will especially favor those who are starting the game and those who donā€™t invest a lot of money.

Much better. Seems like they listened.

I think the easiest solution to all this is simply to change one thing:
If you put in s1 it works as is (low chance of something better)
If you put in s2 it returns a random s2 hero only
If you put in event hero it returns random event hero only
If you put in hotm it returns hotm only.

I believe this would be a. a fair trade and fair to your players. B. Alleviate all complaints

At the end of the day this end game reward should never swap a hotm for a s1. Thatā€™s total crap

8 Likes

@zephyr1 would it be possible to update the thread title or description with which revision the info covers? Just so itā€™s clear if/when it changes again? :slight_smile: