šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

I understand what you are saying but i dont thik it will ever happen. Put in a single S1 5* and get a S2 5* instead? Simply sounds too great to be true. Why would I spend gems on atlantis portal anymore when i can simply get 5 S2 5s just by trading in my 5 duplicate Domitias? I understand that F2Ps have less dupes (Im a C2P btw), but trading up S1s for S2s 1:1 rate would hurt SGs income so much that they would never do such a thing. Thats why I suggested a 5:1 trade in ratio. And about dupes, they are not useful in war because who goes into war with unleveled 5s. And if you level up a dupe and give mats to it then you wouldnt trade it in anyways. Would i level a 2nd joon or lianna? Yeah maybe if i dont have anything better to spend the mats on, but a 2nd domitia, quintus or isarnia? Absolutely not. So the question is basically trade-in or feed away.

1 Like

Probably my english is bad because I see a lot of confusion on your replyā€¦ so surely it is my fault and I am expressing badly my statements. I will try to be more clear:

Here I was talking against the purposes (various kind of) that involved using more 5* heroes than outcome for HA lev10.

Here, instead, I was speaking about HA 1 (and other level that I not remember) where you TRAIN NEW heroes (COMMON, UNCOMMON, RARE, EPIC) which comes from s1.
When speaking about ā€œtrainingā€ I am speaking about those levels of HA not the HA lev 10.
I said that currently they are useless because most of those things are already done better, quicker and cheaper from TCs

When speaking about ā€œfocusing on s2 hero outtcomeā€ I was speaking about possible replacement of one of this levels (for example like TC21 suggestion that someone else purposed here)

I will re-highlight a very interesting idea of a possible replacement for those HA1 (and similar) level:

This could be, for example, a nice replacement for one of those HA1 (and similar) levels.

Oh, so you were not talking about any 5s? Well it might be my fault either as the lvl 10 is the only thing im literally interested in so i forgot that other levels existed and in my mind HA became equivalent to HA lvl10 to exchange my 5 dupes. But if we are talking about 3 and 4s then sure they could easily add them to the hero pool. Most of the paying players already have them all and F2Ps wont start spending because of that so adding S2 3s and 4*s is definitely a good idea IMO and it wouldnt hurt their income. YEah it would be a great step fro a F2P to be able to exchange a 3rd or 4th Skittles for Proteus or Wilbur. Good idea, sorry for the confusion.

3 Likes

I think the hero academy could work if we kept it as it is with one minor change basically every time you do a five star trade you get a coin and when you have 10 coins you can pull for a guaranteed HOTM to be given at random thats still basically only one every seventy days plus a tiny chance of a HOTM by fluke on the trade. once every 70 days really isnt asking that much throw in 1000 alkashards per trade and then we have something which is kinda worthwhile. as is right now it totally is not.

I think this is a very comprimise.

8 Likes

YOU CAN FINALLY ADD A TELLURIA AND GET A HORGHALL :heart_eyes:

A marvel of tecnology

1 Like

So, throwing my hat in the ring, so to speak. The major issue that I see with the current tier structure is the inability to trade up, leading to ā€œdead endā€ situations with heroes in oneā€™s roster. For example, hereā€™s my current roster. Green for what Iā€™ve trained to my preference, blue for what isnā€™t trained but I will keep.

The rest are duplicate heroes. 92 in total:

• 1 5*
  • 9 Atlantis 4*
  • 1 Event 4* and 3*
  • 80 Season 1 4*
  • Not kept: hundreds of Season 1 3*

As things stand right now, there is nothing for me to do with any of these heroes except feed them to another hero, which misses a huge opportunity for Small Giants to incentivize players to trade them in for higher heroes. It also means that a player is forced to feed higher-ability heroes in order to save space in their roster. Developers: higher heroes are a cash crop thatā€™s rarer than gems. You can use that to everyoneā€™s benefit.

My thoughts on the tiers, and how they can be changed to better reflect current (or soon to be current) mechanics. For brevity, I left out materials and food costs:

• Level 1 - Train S1 Rare (30 recruits) - or - S1 Rare with possible S2 Rare (50 recruits).
  • 2 - Train Uncommon Troops (50 recruits - or - 3 heroes - or - 2 Common Troops - or - 1 Uncommon Troop).
  • 3 - Train S2 Rare (4 Season 1 Rare heroes) - or - Exchange S2 Rare (1 S1 Rare, 1 S2 Rare).
  • 4 - Train Rare Troops (200 recruits - or - 10 Uncommon Troops).
  • 5 - Train S1 Epic with possibility of S2 Epic (200 recruits - or - 5 S1 Rare).
  • 6 - Train S2 Epic (10 S1 Rare - or - 3 S1 Epic - or - 1 S2 Epic).
  • 7 - Train Epic Troops (300 recruits - or - 1 Epic Troop - or - 5 Rare Troops).
  • 8 - Train S1 Legendary with possibility of S2 Legendary (300 recruits - or - 3 S1 Epic).
  • 9 - Train S2 Legendary with possibility of past HotM (300 recruits plus: 1 S1 Legendary - or - 3 S1 Epic).
  • 10 - Train HotM (350 recruits plus: 1 HotM - or - 2 S1 or S2 Legendary).

Levels that include Common, Uncommon, and Trainer heroes can all be left out. Feeder heroes should be left to the Training Camp and farming. As has been mentioned in other posts, if Trainer heroes are still of interest to the Devs, they should be included in modified Training Camp levels 14-18 (chance of 2-4*). Likewise, Common Troops should be left out, as (1) they can be farmed and (2) higher feeder troops are of more interest to players who have made it this far in the game.

I also left out mention of Season 3, Event, and Seasonal heroes. Sometimes, you gotta compromise. Having some heroes only available at certain times of the year makes sense, from a business perspective. Same too with those recently released.

In my case, all of those unwanted duplicates are just sitting there waiting for a purpose aside from being hamburger. I know that Iā€™m not the only one, from chats with so many other players. Having a clear path - even if lengthy - towards Legendary and HotM allows players to plan accordingly and stop complaining (as much) of things being left up to chance. If you want to increase your odds as a player, use the summons. Want to go slow, build up to the Hero Academy.

As I said when I started: 4-5* heroes are worth more than gems. So why are they not being used in these costs?

11 Likes

Just so you know, it wasnā€™t the decision of @zephyr1

Moderators are not staff of SG, they are fellow player who become a volunteer to manage the forum.

6 Likes

They are worried about an influx of Owls!

2 Likes

By the time it takes a player to reach Stronghold 25 (needing multiple fully leveled advanced iron storages), and then build up a Hero Academy, then do the research (needing multiple fully leveled advanced food storages), every player will have a descent amount of fully leveled 3 and 4 star heroes - and most likely a lot of leveled 5 star heroes as well. It will take well over 12 months of solid game play to reach this stage.

Also I can train for these in a training camp anyway.

This makes levels 5 and 8 completely redundant.

Some suggestions:

• Change RARE/EPIC Hero to a RARE/EPIC event/challenge/season2/3 hero.
  • Build the costume for your respective RARE/EPIC Hero
  • Exchange your RARE/EPIC Hero for a 3/4 star trainer hero
  • Exchange your RARE/EPIC Hero for a RARE/EPIC Troop

These would all be much more useful without providing too much advantage.

3 Likes

Wishi they allow us to retrain hero with color or class as category to select. At least it will reduce the randomness which is annoying for wasting a lot of time. It is still a nice feature to make use of dupe legend hero

2 Likes

Well, all these info about lvl 10 Hero academy is useless without knowledge of itā€™s probability.
You could very well have a 80% chance to convert to a classic 5* and only 20% to a HOTM. Or worse, 90/10.

2 Likes

20 or 10% ??? really ??? :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
you are new to this game i guess, best odds would be 1,3% :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

4 Likes

Those number are sarcasm :sweat_smile:

I think that the Hero Academy is a total lack of respect for the players.

1 - It takes almost 2 months making every level upgrade to the Building;
2 - It takes 1 month to make every research.
And then you have to wait 7 days for everytime you Train LEGENDARY Heroes, including Heroes of the Month, from old Heroesā€¦7 days? 7 days?

Look, for a player to get to this level you must be average level 60 to 70ā€¦so at least you play for an year and an half to two yearsā€¦
You dedicated yourself to the gameā€¦7 days to 95% to get a season 1 hero?..
NOT COOL :slight_smile:
Cheers

9 Likes

98.7%

1 Like

100% agreed. Most of us whales have a backlog of season dupes that weā€™ve been saving forever since the original HA announcement. This current version makes waiting for it absolutely pointless. It does not answer the problem with getting dupes as most dupes are season one anyway since every single portal gives them out at higher rates than anything else. HA is just another portal that has higher rates for season one dupes; it is not an answer to the dupe problem. Not at all.

7 Likes

100%

It was literally this attitude (ā€œdonā€™t give people something they might not deserve! Even if I also get somethingā€ that got the really excellent loot from the first raid tournaments nerfed.

5 Likes

I wish they got rid of the 1 to 1 exchange which severely limits how rewarding it can be. If you can keep retrying the same hero over and over as many times as you want then thereā€™s no way they can make it worth it. Everyone would quickly have all TC20 heroes making TC20 pointless. Instead, let me trade in 2,3,5,10 5*s for a random hotm/event hero. Perhaps they have to be of the same type (same event?).

As is, this is ONLY good for f2p players which have few 5*s and some duplicates.

This is abyssmal in itā€™s current state. If the stat is so low to pull a HOTM, and LEAST make the S1 5* element a choice. Come on SGG letā€™s not mess this up for your loyal base.

Time factor, ham costs and 1 on 1 outcome makes this Hero Academy absolutely pointless for anyone that could reach the last training.

It could be appealing now for those that donā€™t have great decks, but by the time you reach there your situation is completely changed.

It was build to resemble something useful but completely out of the game reality and unconcerned about players situation.

For me it is clearly designed to be useless.

It is not a coincidence they waited so much to gave this building to us.
They never had intentions to have something that works properly to begin with.

Another Beta tester said it in a really cool way.
They behave like we are still in 2018.

We are in 2020 and people are playing from even 3 years right now.

7 Likes