šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

They are releasing the update basically from today, so be on the lookout

Theyā€™d have to dynamically update the odds then, otherwise theyā€™d probably run into legal issues in some places. Which would make multiple pulls hard too.

In general pity timers are exactly what I said above ā€” they donā€™t adjust the percentage, but just put in a hard limit on the downside.

Iā€™m at 160 pulls, conservatively, since my last 5*. Probably closer to 170 now. No HotM either. Assuming a 3% chance per pull (including HotM), thatā€™s a 0.7% chance. Yay. Go me.

1 Like

So disappointed! :frowning: They really expect us to believe that they arenā€™t doing something as simple as boost the rates and/or reduce the cost/time to retrain 5* heroes because it would only benefit a small percentage of their player base? Forget the fact that this supposedly small percentage of your player base represents long term players who have definitely invested time (if not money) playing the game.

This is CLEARLY another string along tactic to keep people summoning despite the rapidly increasing pile of useless duplicates. They milked the prospect of a HA as long as they possibly could and I am sure they are going to milk this nebulous method of turning duplicates into useful heroes for a similar (if not longer length of time).

As a new player TC20 gave me hope even though I knew it would take months to get there. Iā€™m sure a viable HA would do the same for new players today. If they were really concerned that people would get discouraged by the time it would take to get there they could always do something like reduce the ridiculously long build time of advanced buildings.

They are really insulting their player base by expecting them to believe this sad spin on releasing the HA in its current form. There is nothing in SGs history that would make me believe if I wait long enough they are going to come up with what I would consider a ā€œfavorableā€ solution to the duplicate problem. The HA was their chance to deliver on the F2P/C2P friendly hero acquisition method they teased over a year ago. It is clear that if youā€™re not willing to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars a months chasing heroes they just arenā€™t interested in retaining you as a player.

7 Likes

Look out your window and see if the mob is carrying clubs along with their torchesā€¦

1 Like

There idea behind the crappy odds are, and you stated it, keep people summonsing and they will say, pull from the LOT event if you really want these heroes. I really hope this whole thing backfired on them and I think they may get a lot of bad publicity from this

This content has now exited Beta and is implemented in live game:

Staff have indicated that there are NO changes from final beta. Refer to the OP here for details.

I just donā€™t get the purpose of some levels like train common, uncommon, rare and epic heroes. They just could add this to the tcā€™s and use those levels to have more variety for 4 star troops and trainer heroes.

Also hotm for another hotm would have been Nice.
How can I ever trade my 2nd telly for a big chaā€™ce s1 hero. Thatā€™s pointless.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: that was funny

1 Like

I think their comment about things is a bit insulting and a cop out. If this is not supposed to be a way to solve dupes then what is the point? It fails on so many other levels. The people who will benefit most from a way to trade in dupes is end game players. New players, especially F2P/C2P might benefit from dupes early on. Especially if you arenā€™t getting many 5* to begin with.

Level 1 and 2 are pointless and only serve to slow down building progression.

Level 5 and 8 are exact copies of what we already have in TC but with adjusted materials.

Training of troops falls short of being useful.

Train trainer heroes sounds good in theory, but itā€™s debatable on if it is remotely worth it over regular trainings.

Level 3 can be useful for leveling but the math might be off there also. IDK.

Level 9 is useful but only temporarily so until you get the troops you want which of course will depend on each person.

Level 10 just falls short. The pool is too large and we donā€™t need more ways to get Season 1 heroes. We donā€™t. Absolutely every summon portal gives you season 1. We have multiple portals that give only season 1. Elements, regular, costume. And at a week to retrain itā€™ll take forever to get something you want.

1 Like

The purpose is to slow us down.

Making the number of players who can use it become so low.

So they can claim this feature do not reach wide enough.

So they can tone it down making it bad and say they will address the problem with different wide reaching feature.

Later maybe never.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why People quit imo.

1 Like

The problem is the HA would interfere with the LOT portal plain and simple. Canā€™t make $$$ if weā€™re letting dupes actually being put to use. Iā€™m still holding onto at least 30 that I will never ascend being there is no way this will be the final product apex of the game

1 Like

Well me iā€™m very happy me with this version of HA :slight_smile:
To those people who say this level is useless this one too etc ā€¦ well do u use all of the level of ur forge, training camp or hunter lodge ? Did u build uā€™r forge or training camp to max level ?
To those people who says that itā€™s bad etc etc ā€¦ iā€™m 100% sure that u have 0 sense of honor and uā€™ll build this building, if u say u wont, u are just a lier + without honor.
Me iā€™m happy to see this new building and iā€™ll use him h24 to train troop lvl 2 and retrain my 5* and i wont be the only one to use this building this way :wink:

2 Likes

That says more about you than about HA. :grin: :wink:

Joking aside, of course some people will use HA to some degree, and not care about what it could have been. But for many, thatā€™s just the point: what it could have been. And arguably should have. Thersā€™s issues unresolved, that should have been addressed.

Thatā€™s a ā€¦ strange comparison. 1) Those buildings (except maybe Hunterā€™s Lodge, to a degree) were not introduced, and suggested, to solve numeral more or less serious issues with the game. 2) No, most people donā€™t use all levels of those buildings, and thatā€™s beside the point. Why? Because the buildings in themselves are not a betrayal of players expectations and ā€“ for many players ā€“ not totally useless.

But to personally answer your question: I use maybe 4 levels of the Training camp somewhat regularly. I use maybe 13 levels of the Forge somewhat regularly. I use 1 level of the Hunterā€™s Lodge regularly.

Of the Hero Academy, in itā€™s current form, Iā€™d maybe, and potentially, use 1 level ā€“ and that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m happy with it, or that I think itā€™s a worthwhile investment.

Iā€™ll reply to this, even though itā€™s based on a false assumptions (see previous paragraphs): Yes, because 1) I use those levels. 2) Iā€™m borderline OCD and canā€™t leave things unfinished. 3) Knowing SG, things can change. If something ever changes for the better, I want to be prepared.

That being said, I can inform you that I didnā€™t research all levels of all buildings, as I have better use for the food at the moment.

Thatā€™s a rather bold statement. You being 100% sure doesnā€™t mean jack ā– ā– ā– ā– . And coming on as you do, talking about honor is ā€¦ I donā€™t think you really understand the implication of the word, or you are taking this very, very seriosly ā€¦ :joy:

Hereā€™s me taking you seriously, either way: Any complaints or critique regarding a building is profoundly non-related to building a building (see 2 & 3 above).

Iā€™d also say that a 100% certainty relating to people building the Hero Academy is more likely to lean towards the probability that there will be persons not building it.

Now, get down from that high horse before you fall.

9 Likes

Only sad people are down complaining :blush:
Happy people just enjoy what they have, always :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

You donā€™t make lot of sense, but keep on riding into the sunset, cowboy. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

My main complain is that HA is available at sh25 and requires, in order to unlock and research the last tier:

• 3 adv iron lev 10 and all other standard iron lev 20
  • 3 adv food lev 10 and one standard lev 20
  • stronghold 20
  • space for at least 300 recruits. For example I currently have:
    Ā° adv house lev 5
    Ā° other houses lev 14, 12, 8
    Ā° for a total of 223 recruits, currently

So (even without not counting the time of all other buildings like mine, farms, etc etc) it is very time consuming + the looong time to build every HA level.
So this is why it is a bit of disappointing of seeing that there are levels that have no usage on purpose. I will never research any train heroes steps.

While having ā€œuselessā€ levels could be acceptable, for example in training camps, where there is a progress from the start, this is not the same with HA labs which you can start to build only in a very very late game.

I understand the percentages for HOTM. What I do not understand, for example, is why not allowing the same system also for 4*. There are some heroes that are too important to have (for a base roster) that should be acquired free somewhere. I am thinking heroes mainly like Proteo from Atlantis or similar key-heroes that should be easier to obtain as long they are somewhat a ā€œhero that anyone should have at least 1 copyā€.

So level like training 1* feeder hero on HA lab is a total no-sense and it has no any purpose. It is not something you skip because you donā€™t think it worth it. It is something that also conceptually is too low for a soo advanced and late-game building

5 Likes

I am glad that you are happy with the Hero Academy. However, your comments are pretty condescending and offensive to those trying to stand up to Small Giant for the benefit of the entire E&P community.

15 Likes

20 words of disappointment.

2 Likes

I canā€™t see SH25 after the update. Does anyone know when itā€™s coming out?