šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Yes.

Youā€™ve now joined 800 of the other 1200 posts in this thread. :rofl:

26 Likes

Yes it is and its impact on game is minimal.
Do you pretend people stop quitting or coming back to game because of building?
You can just summon heroes from so many portals,HA isnt and cant be solution to people who want to have 100% cgance to get particuliar hero

I donā€™t know about quitting just yet, no, but in the ~2 years itā€™s been since I started playing this game thereā€™s been a lot of other games on my radar that I havenā€™t gotten to because I have time spent here and a stable of heroes to show for it. The problem is that my advancement has slowed to a crawl lately, the people who have been on longer and / or spent more are so far past me that I canā€™t catch up, and I donā€™t see spending more time or money actually changing either of those situations since all I get out of my time / money are more dupes or useless resources that I canā€™t even spend anymore, and so maybe itā€™s time to move on.

Gotta say, that Mystic Vision is really not helping things for SG; itā€™s constantly spamming me with a bunch of new games that seem so much more dynamic and interesting to play than this one. :smiley:

3 Likes

SG developers/decision-makers, I have to say, I really have mixed emotions about the Academy. On one hand - FINALLY. However, without caring for the one thing that matters (too many 5* heroes I will never ascend), itā€™s an irrelevant build.

All you had to do was add to the current level 10 the ability to commit multiple 5* to boost the odds of pulling a HOTM. Simple. That wouldnā€™t have changed your approach at all. So disappointed in the final solution.

The people with this problem of too many dupes may be fewer than the rest, but theyā€™re also SGā€™s highest revenue customers. Neglecting them isnā€™t very wise.

6 Likes

Anymore word on Hero Academy? I thought they were supposed to provide an update or announcement last week? Thanks!

Hereā€™s the note they providedā€¦and my take on it.

3 Likes

First off, to be clear ā€” there is NO such mechanic in E&P. The devs have said before thereā€™s no ā€œpity timersā€ which is what this kind of thing is often called.

It does lead to marginally higher Outcomes for the event though ā€” youā€™re chopping off the bottom of the curve, but thereā€™s no equivalent ā€œriches timerā€ to stop you from getting lucky repeatedly.

Exactly how much this affects things depends on how itā€™s implementedā€¦ in the case of HA if the pity timer was set to ensure that you get one non-S1 hero a year then it very well may not kick in until that 52nd week of retraining. And thatā€™s presuming they do it based on time rather than attempts. In effect that would make it so the ā€œabout 1 in 5 get only 1ā€ become ā€œabout 1 in 4ā€.

I can appreciate the purist thought process the devs have here, but the reality is that with this large of a data set with a million plus people making pulls constantly, you wind up with some REALLY bad outcomes. And yes, you have some really good ones too. But which ones are going to stop paying you money?

3 Likes

retraining legendary hero should be reduced 7d to 3~4 days

3 Likes

Both, actually: the unlucky ones will get frustrated and leave, and the ā€œluckyā€ ones will soon get frustrated and leave when their ā€œluckyā€ streak ends and the odds revert to the mean. At least thatā€™s my take; if SG is satisfied with its current retention numbers and revenue, though, I guess theyā€™re free to ignore lucky/unlucky players and issue insulting shitposts to their long-time members; clearly thatā€™s more important to them than money.

Why do you even ask that question? Are you sure you are replying to the correct post? I never say quitting or coming back.

I never said that I am going to quit because of it.

At some point down the line doesnā€™t sound very promisingā€¦ weā€™re talking another 18 months here probably?

Anybody else thinking of giving up on this and eating all their 5* dups of regular and/or bad heroes? I mean when am I going to need 5 Khagans? I need the roster spots more!

2 Likes

Yes. Twenty or more Characters

I did this a couple of weeks ago, I think when the second version of the HA was being tested in Beta. I ate all but one of each of my TC20 5* dupes. For now, Iā€™m still holding on to all HoTM, S2, and event dupes, but even thatā€™s probably more caution than is warranted, at this point.

Which heros will come up from 95%?

Season 1 heroes. Enjoy all the Horghalls and Quintuses you can dream of.

2 Likes

Beta Update

Beta has closed with staff indicating that Version 30 Beta Testing is now complete.

Version 31 of Beta Testing is indicated to open later in the week so stay tuned to the beta-beat category for new updates :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Should we expect the rollout tomorrow or later?

Staff announcement indicated that they are ā€œready to start the roll-out of this updateā€

Not sure if that is today, tomorrow or later this week.

Will definitly be at least 7-10 days before the 29th of June which is the confirmed start date for the Summer Seasonal Challenge Event (Sand Empire)

7 Likes

In that case itā€™ll probably be tomorrow, with a couple more days for the forced update. Thatā€™ll give them plenty of time to shore any potential kinks.

Surely they wonā€™t wait till the last day before the event to start the roll-out.

Iā€™m pretty upset that it still doesnā€™t allow queues on lvl 10ā€¦ Let us clear up some roster space.

6 Likes