šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Academy [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Close to 1.1?! Close?

How dare you provide free uncompensated data and analysis to forum without fully ensuring the test subjects were both at the exact same starting point?!?! This is why itā€™s all Beta Testers fault

No itā€™s notā€¦that statement is all a farce to encompass the entitled response from certain type of forum postersā€¦youā€™re doing great work and are really appreciated. Hope you have a great day!

6 Likes

4.80 Fenrir - > 1.1 Obakan
4.80 Musashi ā†’ 1.1 Azlar

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, Musashi was at 1.17. I probably fed him some yellow trainers since Iā€™ve been leveling 3* and 4* heroes in the live game.

3 Likes

Now way to say yet. Odds that low canā€™t be measured without a few thousand runs.

But what can be measured is that the odds are too low to matter as far as the average XP value. As @gregschen said, never mind.

That said ā€¦ Iā€™m mentally looking at the HA as a food bank, and depending on the cost, HA7 might work well there considering how the other choices all produce negligible XP/day, so even mediocre output would be a step up. This would free up all 4 TCs for producing feeders, at least!

9 Likes

Okay, so given these two data points HA7 is definitively not worth the cost or time. To be worth the ham at those trainer rates youā€™d need to shave the ham cost to 20,000 ham per trainer, and frankly the time should be reduced down to 6 hours just so it isnā€™t too much slower than TC2 to even bother with.

As for troops, the iron cists for 2 / 4 / 6 are still utterly absurd; then again, what the heck are you even using iron for once youā€™ve built all the buildings? Iā€™m regularly hitting the iron cap even now, and thatā€™s with two builders and 30+ harpoons in my inventory. Itā€™s ham thatā€™s constantly low for me; I could care less about wasting iron in an endgame building like this one.

5 Likes

I can tell you thereā€™s no indication theyā€™re considering adding that.

9 Likes

Honestly the feeder hero, (1-2*) feeder troop (1-3*) seem useful, the trainer heroes maybe, I give 9 the same maybe you do ā€¦ and honestly donā€™t think 10 is really worth it, given the odds, tho it does keep futile hopes vaguely alive if that is considered ā€œusefulā€

4 Likes

Sorry, if I interpreted it the wrong way. And my words were also misleading: You surely didnā€™t indicate that, it was my interpretation. Sorry again, it was not my intention to spread rumours. I better just shut up and wait for that public announcement you said you were pushing for.

2 Likes

My personal RNGod hates me on summons
As long as i have resources i probably try my luck on HA10
But you are absolutely right. Odds are terrible and 7 day training is too long for given odds.

Almost a year to get us something only slightly better than :poop: in your carpet.

Rather than focusing on the emotion void / boiling rage this has inspired I will instead focus on how utterly self-defeating this is for SG.

What is the motive of creating an end-game building?
HA appeared to be a way for SG to extend the time players stay on the game and continue spending. Late game P2P, C2P and F2P all have duplicate heroes they donā€™t ever plan to level up.
By allowing multiple heroes to be traded in for better odds of a single special (HotM/Event/S2/Seasonal) hero SG would incentivize spending players to continue spending which I would have sworn was the intention of this building.
F2P players probably will hang around longer because now they finally have a decent shot at the more powerful heroes.

INSTEAD SG gives us a building where we are almost certain to get yet more S1 heroes (WHO GIVES A COPULATION!?!) with very low odds of a ā€œspecialā€ hero.

This is an unfathomable error by SG.

Why?
IF you regularly spent XX per month and have 40 5* heroes sitting at 1-1 and no hope of being fed. You have slowed down your spending because the odds of getting specific heroes is so low and the backlog of unleveled 5* heroes has you demoralized.
You are now CERTAIN to stop spending.

1. There is no mechanism to reduce the total number of surplus heroes in a 1x1 swap.
  2. Any ā€œvaluableā€ hero (ie not S1) has a 95% chance of becoming S1 :poop:

An upcoming player that has begun to spend heavily will realize that they have no reason to continue spending once they have their main bases covered and SHOULD have a lower lifespan value to SG.

SG has just told us to go pleasure ourselves. It makes no sense. This building SHOULD be the way SG increases revenue and instead has turned it into something that logically reduces total spending.

Maybe the original SGā€™ team wants to destroy the longterm value of P&E for Zynga? That is the only thing that justifies such a self-harming design.

@Petri
@Sara

Personal Situation:

• I did not buy any deals in Valhalla last month.

• I did not buy and AR deals last week.

• I have not/will not buy any Teltoc offers this week.

• I have 44 5* sitting at 1-1, most of which would never be fed if there were a decent or unique alternative.

• I have 41 4* sitting at 1-1 waiting for HA.

This makes it easy, there is no point in spending more. Iā€™ll finish off my gems and then allow this obsession to become an occasional passtime.

20 Likes

10 Likes

SG/Zyngaā€¦in the neverending Scrooge Mcduck party.Well Zynga is well known for destroying games.I guess this is the time for empires too.Unbelievable after all the suggestions to make at least one building a little better for people but nooo they refuse to lose a cent.

2 Likes

The way I see it: The odds to get a non s1 hero are probaby about the same as getting any s1 5* out of TC 20. I stopped using TC 20 for a while now, though Iā€™d still like to have Joon and Marjana. Since I got Seshat last Atlantis I donā€™t really need Sartana anymore, but would probably still keep oneā€¦ (maybe even Domitia, not sure). So my chances of getting a hero I would like are probably somewhere around 12-13% (since there are also some special heroes I donā€™t like or already have, and also not counting Sartana). As long as I have some dupe 5* heroes I will put them in HA10. Still much more attractive than running TC20 and hoping for Joon. For people in a situation like me, having a few dupes and still missing some of the good S1 heroes, itā€™s actually a better alternative for TC20.

I agree though, for everyone who has no interest in any s1 five star, the odds are pretty unattractive.

4 Likes

Lets suppose TC2 give:
55% 1* (150 XP)
45% 2* (390 XP)
Thus 1 training equal to 55%Ɨ150 + 45%Ɨ390 = 258 XP

While HA7 give:
50% 1* trainer (1000 XP)
40% 2* trainer (1500 XP)
9% 3* trainer (2500 XP)
1% 4* trainer (5000 XP)
Thus 1 training equal to 50%Ɨ1000 + 40%Ɨ1500 + 9%Ɨ2500 + 1%Ɨ5000 = 1375 XP

1375/258 = 5.33
XP from HA7 is 5.33 larger than TC2 per training.

Time wise, TC is 30 minutes while HA7 is 9 hours (18 times slower), which means the XP/hour is:
TC2: 258Ɨ2 = 516
HA7: 1375Ć·9 = 152.78

516/152.78 = 3.38
XP per hour from TC2 is 3.38 times larger than HA7.

Food cost wise, TC2 cost 2000 while HA7 cost 45000. As we need 5.33Ɨ TC2 training to match 1 HA7 in XP, the food cost of TC2 become 5.33 Ɨ 2000 = 10660. The difference is 45000-10660 = 34340. However, it means we are feeding 5.33x heroes instead of just 1 (4.33 more).

34340Ć·4.33 = 7930
If the cost of feeding a hero is 7930 or lower, TC2 is cheaper.
If the cost of feeding a hero is higher than 7930, HA7 is cheaper.

16 Likes

Sorry I have been floating in and out. Is it confirmed then that thereā€™s no point in holding dupe 5*?

Some point in holding some 5* dupes but no point in 3*/4* dupes.

1 Like

Thanks @yelnats_24

Sorry to be a pain, could you show me the part where 5* dupes are utilised?

This is the cost of HA10, along with 300 recruits and 1288k food.

I donā€™t want to push any buttons, just wanted to ask would this info be shared here or a separate thread? If shared eventually.

Right but thereā€™s no point hoarding 10 Magniā€™s?