šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v37]

Aegir is an okay tank. This small tweak will make him slightly better. Yes, why not?

Mikiā€™s main purpose is titan fights and any kind of tournament with ranking. Heā€™s a beast there. Also, in Mana Rush wars/tournaments heā€™s pretty nasty to fight against. Therefore, I donā€™t think he should be made even better.

Very happy to see this. Unlike most others here, I think this is a considerable boost and will make Noor quite good - not in all situations and matchups but in some definitely. Also, with 30 % base attack, her minions will be pretty strong if boosted by Freyaā€™s ravens (and maybe Frosth)

They are all heroes which are rarely used now without costume. In particular, Obakanā€™s 260% are really weak (more like a 4* hero special than a 5*). Thorneā€™s special already hits quite hard, but only if his attack is boosted to above 700 (and most players will have better targets for the emblems).
Overall, these boosts absolutely make sense to me and Iike them.

True, both heroes are quite weak outside of Mana Rush wars/tournaments. However, a boost beyond 270% without also boosting Quintus does not seem like balancing (also Costume Quintus would be a lot worse than normal Horghall with 280%).
Iā€™m absolutely in favor of a boost for Horghall and Justice ā€“ but a smaller increase would be sufficient. Also, Quintus, C. Quintus, and Elena would need a boost if balancing should be the goal.
Horghall: 240% ā†’ 260%
Justice: 245% ā†’ 265%
Quintus: 270% ā†’ 280%
C. Quintus: 235% ā†’ 250 %
Elena: 202% ā†’ 215 %
C. Elena: Do not own her and have had few fights against her so far, so I cannot judge if her special is already goodā€¦

I actually think the last boost made Khagan an already quite good hero compared to other S1. I donā€™t think he needs another buff.

Oh and BTW. When will Dawa and Vlad be buffed? True, they are ā€œonlyā€ 3* heroes and, thus, have little impact, still they are very far below par and would really need a considerable buff.

16 Likes

Max Quintus (no costume bonus): 747 attack * 270% = 2016.9

Max Horghall (ditto): 657 attack * 280% = 1839.6 + debuff

Justice: 609 * 285% = 1735.6 + blind

So, no, Horghall and Justice donā€™t deal more damage. Base stats matter. A lot.

This isnā€™t saying that Quintus shouldnā€™t get a buff too, but saying that heā€™s worse than them after this doesnā€™t pass the sniff test.

19 Likes

I think the guys canā€™t completely see the problem with Noor. That hero may start working if set to fast or average+effect. Her minions are fine already, not the part to work on.
I know they want to keep Freya and Bera more effective so that people are pulling on Valhalla, but right now Noor has no use in the game (unless the only red 5* available).

Horghall and Justice are going to be buffed in costume mode as well? Otherwise, thereā€™s no point.

About Justiceā€™s buff, mind fact that her damage is pairing Thor on his third special. Weird.

11 Likes

Iā€™m all for these buffs, but I also wonder about costumes for ALL of these heroes.

Never. They must remain the laughing stock of E&P in order for TRUE balance to be maintained. If Aife canā€™t beat them up, then whatā€™s the point of this game!?!?

That said, Dawa costume is actually pretty good.

1 Like

Good point mate, I should have put %, I do feel the blind and debuff are a very good compensation for the lower damage output though

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Noor is OP (Or At Least Extremely Usable)

Itā€™s not enough for Noor. Bera and Freya still underclass her.

4 Likes

Please do not drag the discussions about Noor and her usefulness of lack thereof here. You can wage that war with Homacles on other threads (just search Noor if youā€™re so inclined).

The topic here is specifically regarding the balance changes

24 Likes

For me, Noor is completely useless. I donā€™t have her. If I had her, I might have a different opinion.

In any case, NO hero is ā€œcompletely useless.ā€

1 Like

Some people obviously donā€™t have brains.

If Horghall and Justice with this changes do less damage it doesnā€™t mean they are worse than Quintus.

Quintus do more demage becouse he has bigger attack, not because he is better.

1 Like

Hi @Guvnor,
Season 1: Looks like only 5* heroes will be balanced here. What about the 4* and 3* heroes? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If they arenā€™t listed it isnā€™t in this beta.

3 Likes

:grinning: I love that you preemptively did this in anticipation of the Noor kingā€™s fury. You need to pin this as the main topic because this will easily be lost in the sea of disappointed Noor comments and Ultimately when the king himself graces this thread

4 Likes

Itā€™s sad! These heroes are in demand in Events. :slight_smile:

Why donā€™t they up Thorne to 500%? A much satisfying number to see

Why would Aegir even get a buff on upping defence? He has aged poorly in this meta. That 5% defence up probably doesnā€™t matter

Iā€™ll take Khagans buff everyday of the week. A hero I use a lot (and I have one of those shiny sparkly rosters too)

Heā€™s already doing wellā€¦now 380% to all 3? Woof.

7 Likes

:expressionless:

Did they sorted the heroes by random for buffing?

Honestly at this point buffing damage from s1 heroes mostly will justā€¦ buff their damage. no buff/ailment improvementā€¦only damage. Their stats are still trash. Sartanaā€™s ATK and DEF are a joke.

Does anybody use Justice and Horg as damage dealers? (Quintus cries in the corner). Iā€™m thankful theyā€™re stronger, but really? Only them?

Domitiaā€™s buff is the bestest imo. If you compare her to Uraeus sheā€™s mediocre. Leo is also less insignificant now.

Nowā€¦ the HOTM (Iā€™m already laughing)
AEGIR, MIKI and NOOR ONLY

Ok. They really randomly selected them, right? Not that those buffs are bad (is Mikiā€™s necessary though? I love him already).

Thereā€™s a massive list of HOTM that does deserve a buff even those stupid non-s1 are coming that I wonā€™t list because everyone know who.

Thanks for the balance update, SGG every love for s1 is welcomeā€¦ but you know thatā€™s not what weā€™ve been talking about.

4 Likes

Reds my Strongest colour but I ascended him after his last buff. Nice to see he will be better again, might have to use him more now

As somebody with 0 Atlantis, Valhalla andā€¦whatever season 4 is called heroes (level 68! and canā€™t get luck in any of these portals) Iā€™m glad my Season 1 5*s are at least being made slightly better to combat some of the newer heroes

3 Likes

Depending on how cynical you are though. While my first though is that yes they are addressing the S1 power creep, but thatā€™s all? Thorne gets like what? +10% skill damage, thatā€™s nothing compared to the monsters out there.
This is like the laziest batch of buffs they put out.

1 Like