šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on General Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v30]

Margaret
Wuhu Margaret finally getting a buff! Not the best one still certainly not an amazing here but any buff is better than non. Something more creative would have been niceā€¦

Gobbler
This is confusing at first. I get the intention to let him survive to actually eat minions. Maybe buff the damage off his special a bit.

Khaghan
Getting a buff again. Not to bad especially considering he could get a costume in the next wave.

6 Likes

Now Margaret looks cool! Thatā€™s a nice punishment for having skipped her because she didnā€™t looked promising months ago.
Thanks SGG :+1:

EDIT: sarcasm&saltyness apart, I,have a cake next to my name, is it my forum birthday??

Margaret buff is good, but maybe add extra damage against ice (35%)

11 Likes

That imagery defintiely has nothing to do with the proboscis! :rofl:

I am very against this Gobbler adjustment thou.
Gobblerā€™s abilities is meant as an attack type, wherein u bring him to specific heroes tio ward off minions. A defence buff will still not have him seated on the defence team no?
Personally I prefered if they increased the defence but just left the attack alone. Maybe take the HP and give it to the def and let him continue to attack powerfully?

Also, Where is my Agwee with Water damage? HMMMMM?

Edit: Iā€™m still waiting for my double polling by the Mods

2 Likes

happy forummiversary you have wasted 1 year here! :smiley:

5 Likes

She is still sitting at 3-70. Donā€™t know how I feel about this change. You guys think she is more usable now?

Margaret might see tonics after all some day. Too bad Telluria got them all.

What about Thot-Amun? Captain of Diamonds?

I hate that they make Gormek a mediocre hero. Attack increase s too little to compensate that loss of HP.

9 Likes

This will help at least.

Very frustrating when itā€™s her and a healer left standing in a war team and specials only prolong the suffering. At least now you have a chance at some damage other than tiles.

3 Likes

Lol! Not really, I had the honor to read words from many outstanding people, some of them donā€™t play anymore but I remember each. I watched almost everyday the awesome mods struggling with the community and the game itself, like being between the hammer and the nail.
Iā€™m impressed and surprised by this wave of hero balancing, but I can proudly say that being here it wasnā€™t wasted time.

And, by the way: Yes, now I have Iron Maidenā€™s ā€œWasted Yearsā€ in may head ^^

1 Like

Problem with Gobbler was that vast majority of the minion creating heroes are 5 stars, and with his pathetic survivability he barely ever survived enough to fire in these battles after minions are created. Now he seems to have chance. And I donā€™t think Gobbler should be an ā€˜attackerā€™, that is have damaging special. I think his role is solely to a) remove minions b) heal the team a bit. Some damage is just extra. I think his stats match that purpose now better.

I know, right? Thatā€™s why I hope to get more of these at some point. There are plenty of unloved heroes that could use some love. On the other hand, canā€™t buff/balance 50 heroes at once.

13 Likes

I really like the Margaret buff. Quite a bit more than expected to be honest. No need to buff her further. She was a D hero before and seems like a good B now. Although my maxed Margaret would benefit if she were buffed even more, I think itā€™s enough. Would not be fair making her a top notch hero.

Gormekā€™s change seems not the best. Although heā€™s THE red defence debuffer against green titans until people draw Wilbur, heā€™s also the only from the pulverizer trio who is a good tank (Gold arena and maybe low Platinum). However, it would be a really nice move if his costume had the original stats combined with C. Tiburtusā€™ def down to all. Then C. Gormek would be a great tank and normal Gormek a better titan hero.

Overall many really good and necessary adaptions and balances (some in my opinion a bit too small or big but you canā€™t please everyone). Will definitely change the game for the better and make niche heroes quite a bit more useful :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

15 Likes

I donā€™t really plan on it tbhā€¦

1. the post is already really long
  2. the balance changes go hand in hand. Youā€™ll notice that things like stat rebalanced end up with a pretty similar overall stat total. So you wonā€™t get one without losing something from the other.

In hindsight I probably should have had a ā€œunnecessaryā€ option for some of those :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Iā€™m really glad they reduced Gobblerā€™s attack by 96 points. He was way too over powered, which is why we see him all the time and everyone uses himā€¦

21 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s pretty annoying rerolling the high diamond full of +20 gobblers

15 Likes

OKIE that definitely makes sense if we are looking at Gooby as the (feeble) counter to Telluria.
I still prefer more attack, but I definitely see where youā€™re coming from

1 Like

I am glad to see that so many underwhelming heroes are going to be buffed.

But Iā€™m disappointed not to see a buff for Obakan. Letā€™s compare him to 3* Karil (who is not amongst the best 3* heroes):

The only difference is in the stats, the speed and the counterattack on selfā€¦

Heroes like Horghall at least are really useful in rush attack battle but Obakan does not shine in any game aspect. Heā€™s currently the worst S1 5* hero, imho.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s ok, appreciate the efforts.

And welcome to a weekend of 3k posts in 1 day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obakan hasnā€™t gotten a costume yet

Buddy (Frigg could find a way here for those that donā€™t have him), Evelyn (Almur will be a solid alternative too) and Margaret have the potential to be a pretty dangerous 3 stack now. Especially for events/tourneys.

1 Like

Oh man, not buffing Neith :pensive:, thats not nice :wink:

9 Likes