šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes Post-Hiatus Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v26]

Even if you pull 5 more of these costumes, you can use them to level up whatever epic or legendary costume you get. So itā€™s not completely worthless. Add in that if you complete the masquerade you donā€™t have the gem cost and itā€™s basically getting 3* feeders the way I see it.

1 Like

I mean, I wouldnā€™t say no to a free Joon to fit into my joon costume :wink: but Iā€™m not holding my breath lol.

I actually really like costumes and think the changes theyā€™re making sound reasonable and beneficial. Of course everyone would like for the summoning odds to increase and the cost to decrease but that would be true no matter what they were. I like the idea of the ascension mat chest, though I wonā€™t be spending gems on costumes at least until they introduce new ones.

1 Like

Players who have no heroes to level up anymore donā€™t care much about good feeders.

After 2 years of playing or more, active F2P and even many C2P have as many copies of classic 3* and 4* heroes at 3/50 respectively 4/70 as they wish. However, they only get a very slow trickle of HoTM, Atlantis and event heroes and wait for the small chance that TC20 gives them the last few classic 5* they still want and donā€™t have.

Whatā€™s the use of another feeder if they can only feed their third Kiril, fourth Grimm or start a second Thorne :roll_eyes:

Although Iā€™m pretty happy with the good chances to get really strong 4* heroes, itā€™s a bit sad that F2P and C2P will have a hard time getting one of tbe better 5* costumes.

5 Likes

If there is a way to find out who pulled costumes for heroes they donā€™t have, Iā€™d be happy to see those players get the hero to go with retroactively. And I donā€™t have that issue, but would be happy for them!

Iā€™d also like to see the rest of the classic heroes get costumes. Iā€™m waiting for Sabina and Grimm especially.

4 Likes

Following up on my post, having tried Emblemed 4*:

@FraVit93 beat Stage 6 with a 3418 TP team comprised of completely Unemblemed regular 4-70 Boldtusk, Gormek, Scarlett, Colen, and Wu Kong, each with a Level 1 4* Crit Troop, with the use of 5 Axe Attacks, and 6 Minor Mana Potions.

6 Likes

As the lucky owner of alt-Vivaca, I beg to differ. Closest thing Iā€™ll probably ever get to Kunchen.

3 Likes

But kunchen isnā€™t atlantis

And i think i would take average mana ariel over slow mana viv

Wouldnā€™t you?

3 Likes

Ok, as a past HOTM rumored to be featured in upcoming ar. I really really like defdown, but all things as they are, yes Iā€™d rather have Ariel.

If it makes you feel better

I have ariel

And Iā€™m still jealous of your viv costume :rofl:
So not even sure what my point is

1 Like

Iā€™m mostly vctp, but really lucked out on one alt and pulled Vivaca and Horghall, both leveled heroes I owned there already.

I think what sells me on the costumes are the 5/10/5 percentage stat boost granted by the full costume leveling. Iā€™ve put 3 emblems on my Viv giving her a respectable 741, 753, 1511. I only put 1 on Groot to trigger his special chance, but he has 691, 694, 1669, a definite step up over his usual tc20 stats.

I think, on balance, the reported beta changes seem an improvement.

Anyway, take care and happy hunting.

2 Likes

You too

And yea the stat boosts were definitely one of(if not the) biggest perks to me

Which having 2 maxed vivs myself is why i wanted her costume

And rigard is pretty dam sturdy after that stat boost and emblems

So i agree the costumes are appealing

Just not sure if more expesnive summons is worth the squeeze when i was leaning the opposite

I mean would you use 3k gems to summon 4* troops?

3 Likes

I think itā€™s that you want Kunchen at Arielā€™s speed in Vivicaā€™s Costume.

24 Likes

Lol just viv at arielā€™s speed would work

4 Likes

That is very disturbing. Lol

4 Likes

That owl seems to be eyeing the purple haze in Vivā€™s hands that on first glance really has a striking resemblance to a wine bottle.

3 Likes

As a fan of the costumes Iā€™m confused by these changes.
I saw the costumes as a way for E&P to buff the S1 heroes to keep up with the new heroes and make a little money at the same time. Long term and F2P players benefited from keeping their rosters relevant for a a relative low $ and game resource investment.
Maybe Iā€™m missing something or my roster is such that I donā€™t see the big picture.
Why would spenders or new players chase S1 heroes at the same expense of Atlantis, Event, or upcoming season 3 heroes? The costumed S1 heroes are designed to be equal to those and will cost significantly more time and resources to level.

Currently I have two S1 5* maxed. Isarnia (costumed) and Marjana. The rest are HOTMS or Event 5*. Then a bunch of lackluster s1 5* that I might max if the costume could be acquired at a reasonable expense.

4 Likes

I think they introduced costumes this way to give the spenders another outlet for their spending once theyā€™ve maxed out and slowed or stopped spending in other areas.

1 Like

I have all s1 5* but Sartana, azlar, and Lianna. Of those 3, Lianna has a costume. Should she be featured, I may do a 10 pull to try and get one that has evaded me. At least now that she is available with telegenic costume.

3 Likes

I will certainly use the free keys and hope for the heroes and costumes that I do not have. Lianna is one that I would really like to have, Kingston evaded me.

1 Like

Hi, mates I have a hƩroes costume, but when I use this same heroe to lƩvel it up, the probability to increase the skill is just as any other heroe, not the usual 25%.
Cant upload pictures I guess.
Good day to you all