šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

That would be a bit of extra workā€¦ so Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t be happening. I would gladly accept it though. I like fantasy. Swords and dragons, etcā€¦ from your avatar, you understand where Iā€™m coming fromā€¦ Iā€™d happily take the extra time in exchange for not looking at that gimmicky mess that is Chef Boldtusk.

3 Likes

I think Chef Boldtusk possibly bothers me less than Sailor Moon Lianna, Magician Stripper Vivica, Court Jester Horghall, and Candy Land Skittles.

But Iā€™m sure a lot of people will like Lianna and Vivica. And Horghall could maybe grow on me, at least more than Chef Boldtusk.

5 Likes

Ughā€¦ All of those sound ridiculous. Itā€™s bad enough that Iā€™ll have to look at them on my opponentā€™s team, I donā€™t wanna see them on my roster. Granted, I can keep them toggled off and only toggle on when Iā€™m using the heroā€¦ but still. I get that this is an aesthetic thing and all just my opinion, everyone else might love them, it just feels like the theme of the game I love is going in a completely different direction.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten pretty good at ignoring Santa, Mother North, and Buddy when I see them.

Kinda figuring this is going to be like that for me.

But Iā€™d much rather like the artwork in the game than learn to ignore it. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Buddy is the only one of those on my team. Unfortunately, Buddy is really good. So, I use him. I hope that doesnā€™t happen to all the heroes I really like.

Some of the artwork in this game is really, really good. Seshat, for example, to name a recent addition.

4 Likes

Totally agree on Seshat, her artwork is really well done. But itā€™s like a totally different universe from some of the other new artwork.

Tim actually mentioned diversity of artwork style as a design goal during the March AMA, though:

4 Likes

Iā€™m drunk and this entire thread is making my head hurt. I have no idea what is going on here.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s an understatement :expressionless: well, for me anywayā€¦ I wasnā€™t on the forums when the Christmas heroes were introduced, so I donā€™t know how people reacted hereā€¦

I liked Easter. Clearly they went with the Easter Bunny, but Master Lepus looks like a great fighter. Like he belongs in the world SG created.

5 Likes

This thread was quite popular:

5 Likes

Just skimming through it, I imagine the community is gonna be even more brutal toward these costumes.

Those were new heroes, heroes most people donā€™t haveā€¦ soon the 4*'s that most everyone has will all get new looks :confused:

3 Likes

Sorry for Beta image, new Gan Ju costume.

2 Likes

Ya, that part sucks. Iā€™m guessing/assuming that the nodes donā€™t correspond all that well to the same thing from class to class.

Hey devs ā€¦ Iā€™m ok with only buying class nodes on the original class ā€¦ but let us flip the tree onto different paths (ONCE per branch) on the new class. At least for the multiplier / mana / crit / healing branches, please! I KNOW that those vary widely. The att/health/def stat increases may be more consistent; I havenā€™t looked yet.

1 Like

Can costumes, once leveled to 4/80, then be emblemed to +1 - + 20?

In the current Beta, only by Embleming the underlying Hero.

Emblems canā€™t be applied directly to the Costume, but are reflected from the Hero.

Sneaky

I agree.

But, in BoH that is actually a live PvP tactic, messing with your opponent by

using low level cosmetics to hide high level items,
using high level cosmetics to fool an opponent you have unlocked the matching item,
using fast attack cosmetics to hide slow attack items,
using slow attack cosmetics to hide fast attack items,
using generic Season 1 items to hide a season 2 class.

It was also fun to switch costumes each month to match the month.

So I would like it if costume cosmetics could be toggled separate from costume abilities.

Merciless RNG

But I am more worried about merciless RNG and costumes than any other decision.

I am now running 3x Legendary training on one of my accounts and still no Cyprian, 3x Joon and 3x Isarnia ( Legendary training since 2018-Mar, gem summons since 2017-Sep).

Looks like 3* costumes are all I can expect from this feature.

Hopefully trade ( 2-3 years ) will include costumes. More and more considering quitting Empires until trade update. One of my friends quit BoH for 1.5 years over a player unfriendly update.

1 Like

I like Sailor Moon :heart_eyes:
Thatā€™s going to be tough to get a Lianna and her costume :thinking:
Is the costume portal completely random? I mean it sucks to get a 5* costume and not having the corresponding hero

2 Likes

Will be much easier to get a classic hero, than a costume, as long as you are running at least one TC20. I wouldnā€™t worry about classic fives. They will come eventually. To pull out a 5* costumeā€¦ This is really tough.

Instead of automatically assign them based on the original hero, they should have allow as assign the talent of the costume without emblem up until the last node of the original hero.

So if I have +12 Sonya, I give her costume and max the costume, I can assign talent for the costume up to 12 talent node, if I want to give more talent, I have to increase the talent of original Sonya.

2 Likes

Yep, itā€™s random.

In the current version, youā€™d have a 0.2% chance of getting Liannaā€™s Costume.

Several players have suggested different systems that would reduce or eliminate the RNG for getting Costumes, but barring a major redesign, that appears to be the direction theyā€™re heading with it.

2 Likes

Still, would be nice every month to have featured costumes with increased chance, like the Atlantis portal. 2 of 4* costumes and 2 of 5* costumes. 0,2% sounds awful.

2 Likes