đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

Having read through oodles of replies I didn’t see much regarding the class changes. While I understand that the base hero will still dictate the hero class and I cannot apply emblems to the costume class am I missing something here?

One of the initial attractions of the costumes was being able to change the class of the hero to offset say
too many wizards in your lineup. With the costume and subsequent “class” change will the hero now adopt the class skill? i.e. does Chef Boldtusk now withstand or does the Chef still revive?

Because unless I missed something if the costume still retains all of the original talents of the standard hero
I’m not getting any value out of the class change due to costume here.

Chef Boldtusk will withstand.
The costume will change the class and talents of the hero. However, you cannot spend monk emblems to level up Chef Boldtusk. In order to advance his class, you have to revert back to Boldtusk, spend fighter emblems, and then revert back to Chef Boldtusk.

2 Likes

thank you, that’s what I was afraid of. I was hoping the costume would allow the use of different class emblems. My wizard emblems are all on Zeline currently. I was hoping I could use Sorcerer emblems for the Isarnia costume but alas
these costumes are useless in terms of the class change. Really doesn’t make any sense as what most players were hoping for was a way to reclass a hero to utilize emblems or good heroes relegated to the bench. Sad, I had high hopes for this and alas
it’s basically a money grab gimmick. Why am I not surprised?

1 Like

Yeah, it isn’t exactly what folks hoped for, but you are still able to use Chef Boldtusk on the Class Quests for Monks and regular Boldtusk for Fighter Class Quests. It may help some middle-game phase players complete those quests for more emblems.

6 Likes

Thanks @koziar993!! I’ll keep an eye on this.

What about next month? Are they going to add new costumes? Or we expect same costumes for a while?

@zephyr1 maybe you have an answer? Thanks.

I’m not in beta but as yet there haven’t been any reports of addition costumes being tested.

I’m hypothesizing that next month’s challenge will be different with different bosses etc
 Like the trials are.

But that just my thoughts.

2 Likes

As @Guvnor said, no other Costumes have been in Beta yet, so I’m not sure.

I’ll create a new Beta Beat thread for whatever is next in Beta, so if there are new Costumes, that’ll be included.

7 Likes

I have melendor fully leveled and emblemed. Any clues how to get the costume bonus?

1 Like

You already have it. If you tap on the Costume Bonus icon it’ll show you that it’s already applied.

1 Like

I calculated from the moment i started leveling. No bonus was added. I thought it would be applied after i fully level and emblem the hero.

Did you level the costume as well?

Compare with fully levelled costume (my one is not) and you will see that your one has higher stats.

1 Like

The Costume Bonus is applied incrementally at each Ascension Level, and then the last increment is when the Costume is fully maxed.

1 Like

Thanks @zephyr1
20 chars

1 Like

Yes. Fully leveled and emblemed. Apparently the bonus is applied gradually during the ascension.

3 Likes

To be precise, the bonus is applied to “original” (without emblems) stats. Later talent bonuses are added.

That seems to be the case. If you get a costume that you fully level the bonus should be added to both your normal hero and costumed hero.

2 Likes

Talent nodes will only show up on a fully maxed 8/8 costume.

1 Like

I know that. He said bonus though