đŸ§Ș Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

Having said that I think it must be said (unless i misunderstood it) that you wouldn’t be able to add emblems on a maxed costumed hero unless the base hero is also maxed, CORRECT? @zephyr1 because emblems are added from the base hero only.

You would not be able to add Emblems onto a Costume unless the Hero was maxed, since Emblems must be added to the base Hero, yes.

That’s what I meant here about not caring about Emblems:

3 Likes

I feel pretty much the same way 
 I was all excited to see the new game upgrades being added and more I read about it and get to know how it works the more disappointed I get and thus the less interesting it sounds.

Honestly other than for those willing to spend money on these costumes I don’t see more than about 5 to 10% of players having any interest in these new upgrades and the more SG create new upgrades for the minority the majority will eventually only either give up or just accept the free game style of play not caring whether they obtain great heights or not. Real Shame Really.

9 Likes

Auto correct got me with that “would” should of been "WOULDN’T " LOL.

I corrected it.

1 Like

Will the portal always be available? Or will it be like ATlantis 01 time a month

Introducing Hero Costumes!:

• Costume Chamber opens at 07:00 UTC on the 3rd Monday of each month and is open for 48 hours
4 Likes

In current form it isn’t even alluring for spenders IMO. I’d rather chase new HOTMs than repair old toys. Even after costuming many of old heroes aren’t appealing enough, their specials are still meh but have improved stats vs some of new heroes have specials that require scrolling. New heroes have family bonuses or elemental links, old heroes lose edge there too.

Only reason I’d be likely to spend is if I don’t have enough darts, and I want a yellow def down hero. Either try and summon rabbit or costume Viv. Then too it’s a toss up because rabbit is fast vs Viv is slow.

I guess they could add families to costumes
 it would make them more interesting tbh

And this will be again another disappointing.

For most casual players the mechanics are already complicated enough :grimacing:

To make costumes interesting they should either give us more opportunities to earn chamber keys or provide a way to produce costumes in a building–maybe directly in the training camps as alternative to training heroes, levels 14-18 are useless anyway, maybe via a new building called Taylor’s Lodge.

This does not mean that everyone should get all the epic and legendary costumes too easily, the vast majority of us, I guess, just want a decent chance to get at least some epics and maybe a few lucky legendary ones without having to spend gems again.

1 Like

I have to disagree- If you’re a “spender” then summoning has probably become pretty boring when you pull 10 dupes almost every time, all 3-4 stars and even most 5 stars are nothing to get excited about. With the costume summons, spenders will now get something of value with every pull (for the short run at least).

1 Like

Is there a list of all the different specials all the costumes provide?

All listed in the original post by Zephyr

3 Likes

Starts in less than two hrs right?

Yup, it should go Live at:

America/Los_Angeles: 1:00 am
America/Phoenix: 2:00 am
America/Chicago: 3:00 am
America/New_York: 4:00 am
Europe/Berlin: 10:00 am
Africa/Johannesburg: 11:00 am
Europe/Sofia: 11:00 am
Asia/Tokyo: 6:00 pm
Australia/Adelaide: 7:30 pm

5 Likes

Yeah
 That happens when the creators of the game are lazy and don’t mention the time zone on their announcements. It’s 9 AM and I couldn’t know why the event is not here yet

They kind of did, though :thinking:

So the bigger issue is that it’s apparently the wrong time listed. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Being from Australia I can assure you that no one cares what time it is in Adelaide!

3 Likes

Thank you. I saw somewhere 9:AM, which means it was my local time and I didn’t see any timezone, that’s why I was so confused. Anyway, I can help them debug the servers, if they need a technician :smiley:

1 Like

Apparently, one of my alliance mate cares. It’s just a time bot that we have in our Discord group and it converts a given time to the time zones of my alliance mates. So thought it would help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes