šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

If you watch Netflix the doco Explained says:

The only things that are certain in life are death, taxes and the next pandemic

Letā€™s add another one to the list

1 Like

Keep on preaching that gospel, my friend. Class quests are easily one of my favorite additions to the game since Iā€™ve been playing. Doing better in class quests, even though I can beat them all, is a major factor in my leveling strategy, and it makes the game fun for F2P like me who will not get every new HotM. It makes a deep roster useful. Who cares if you have 75 maxed heroes if you only ever use 8 of them?

7 Likes

And the only 3 things no one can change no matter who or how powerful or rich they are whilst playing E&P

ARE!

1. Your age
  2. The weather
  3. Crappy summons odds
2 Likes

Iā€™ll assume that the monthly quests allow you to obtain enough costume keys for one summon a month just like the new challenge coins do. FTP are going to have to get quite lucky to get anything worth while for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

Small Giant has posted a partial image of some of the upcoming Costumes as part of a Facebook promotion.

They match up as:

A) Hawkmoon
B) Lianna
C) Richard
D) Elena
E) Boldtusk

9 Likes

@zephyr1 I will say it once again; like I already told you last month, the odds for summoning in the beginning of this thread must be wrong and donā€™t make any sense. It is illogical a non-featured costume to have greater odds, like is currently written:

Probably you misunderstood? Because they already announced since yesterday, the featured costumes have higher odds (which is normal and should be):

I am looking at Beta right now.

This is exactly what it says, word for word:

APPEARANCE RATES

Rare Costume: 70.0%
Epic Costume: 26.0%
Legendary Costume: 2.5%*
* non-featured

Legendary Featured Costume: 1.5%

As Iā€™ve said before, a 1.5% chance for one of two Costumes is a higher chance per Costume than a 2.5% chance for one of 6 Costumes.

5 Likes

Then is obviously wrong in there. Non-featured cannot have higher chances, not in this Univers at least :joy: The 2 featured costumes will have increased chances, like they announced yesterday. You should inform the staff they messed up the numbers in beta :slight_smile:

They donā€™t.

1.5% / 2 = 0.75% chance per Featured Costume

2.5% / 6 = 0.417% chance per non-featured Costume

Thatā€™s clearly what they mean by ā€œincreased chance.ā€

6 Likes

Thanks, I was just about to write this, but you saved me some time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, OK, I didnā€™t know. This is how it works for Atlantis gate too? The chance for featured hero is divided to 4?

No the 5% mana bonus IS useful for FTP (only if you get the costume, which is not FTP friendly). I glossed over it when I first tested costumes but I just tried it on Joon and it worked

A 5% mana bonus will do the following:

Fast heroes go from 8 tiles to 7 with a level 17 mana troop instead of 29!

I assume the others will work the same, so:

Medium Heroes go from 10 to 9 tiles with level 11 mana troop instead of 23 (this is the biggest change)

Slow heroes go from 12 to 11 with a very low troop with level 1 mana

Very fast heroes should need a level 1 mana to go from 7 to 6 as well.

I tested Rigā€™s statement above that a costumed slow hero will charge in 10 tiles with a level 29 troop - true as charged. However, this wonā€™t have as much impact on FTP. It will have a bigger impact on AW in the top alliances. This was deliberate, as most of the emblem classes only increase heroes up to 4% which leaves the slow heroes just shy of the double boost.

Yes, it has to be that way ā€” otherwise the percentages wouldnā€™t add up to 100%.

Thatā€™s also how it works for every other percentage category. Clearly itā€™s a 70% chance for any Rare Costume, not a 70% chance for each Rare Costume. Itā€™s always divided across the items/heroes/costumes for that category.

3 Likes

(Although I feel itā€™s worth noting that I would seriously consider quitting if they do that. I really donā€™t want to endlessly have to spend gems chasing upgrades to heroes I already have.)

The costumes themselves have me on the edge.

3 Likes

Uhm, Medium from 10 to 9 with level 5 troop? [7%+5% enough]

The 23 mana troop is +13% , the 11 is +9% and the 5 is +7%. That means the 5% bonus will only work on 11 and above troops for medium heroes

1 Like

Apparently itā€™s once a month event :pensive:

I think reality is finally setting in for me that without opening my wallet, none of the new features are truly accessible or at least have worse odds than being struck by lightning.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication Zephyr, for maintaining these threads, and other beta testers for providing hot goss as well as early insight into new features.

Unfortunately I have lost all interest and taste for these beta threads. The emotional roller coaster of going from, excited about improved game progression because of new features to realizing that new features barely improved progression, is just too much. I rather just learn about new features from announcements and in some cases treat them as they never exist (viz. Alchemy Lab).
If others agree, least we can do is allow you to take some time off from maintaining these threads, and reduce some burden on you.

PS: Mod team, letā€™s share some beers sometime (on me) :grin: (given we donā€™t talk about this game)

5 Likes

Iā€™m wondering now if this is true? Because I was planning on leaving heroes at 4-1 in case I donā€™t want to put emblems on them and just max the costume. But in the release notes they say it must have the same level. Can someone confirm this in the beta version or else in the life game on Monday?

And somehow my gut feeling says that they will sell costumes for real money later in the game. Cause chances for pulling your desired costume suck

I just tried it in Beta again, and it still works the same way as before ā€” the Costume can be leveled higher than the Hero, but the Costumeā€™s Ascension canā€™t be higher than the Heroā€™s Ascension.

5 Likes

Thanks Zephyr, your awesome :heart:

1 Like