šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Costumes (Formerly Skins) [Part of The Beta Beat v23, v24 & v25]

As somebody who somehow or other ended up spending more than I ever thought I would on a game ā€¦ perhaps somebody who resembles that remark ā€¦ I donā€™t see costumes being worth my money any time soon.

My roster growth is all aimed at legendary heroes. And Iā€™m aiming toward mostly hotm, Atlantis, and event heroes there. Iā€™ve got some classic heroes that Iā€™ve ascended, but not all that many ā€¦ and I donā€™t really see any of these costumes making ones Iā€™m sitting on but unwilling to ascend like Quintus or Groot looking worth it to me. Yeah they look better than they did before ā€¦ but not that good.

I certainly plan to do some of the 3* heroes, and would like to do some of the 4* heroes. I might even use a few select 4* heroes more widely, like Sonya since I donā€™t have any fast cleansers.

I canā€™t to justify throwing gems at the RNG for costumes on my legendary heroes, and while Iā€™d like to do some of the 3* and 4* ones for ā€œfunā€ when I donā€™t have any 5* heroes to work on, I canā€™t see much reason to chase them.

4 Likes

Agree with everything you said regarding 5s, but some of the 3s and 4s seem to me like theyā€™ll be really helpful in the weekly raid tourneys. In that regard, I can see being able to pay for more costume summons being an advantage for p2w over f2p.

1 Like

( 52x 2x 3 ) / 5= 62 if you cannot finish the last stage.

Costume chamber reminds me a of reset emblems.

I think F2P will find the hidden resource costs just as problematic as the merciless RNG. More grinding increases IAP revenue at the expense of more streamline game play.

3 Likes

Yeah at 2 times per week thatā€™s true. But I see less players having trouble with Costume Quests.

The thing that makes Class Quests very difficult is that you are restricted on which heroes you can take. That is not an issue with Costume Quests: you can bring whoever you want. So even though the last stage is as difficult as the current Class Quests final stage, they are much easier to complete because you have freedom on who you can bring.

8 Likes

Is there any word or update on a release date?

Also, do they plan on making special event costumes for the event heroā€™s? Or do costumes for Atlantis heroes and previous HOTM?

Thoth could use a buff or costume that buffs him, Same with other less desirable heroes

Yes, November 18: Version 24 Release Notes & Status

Not initially, but they havenā€™t ruled it out to potentially eventually add them.

(Although I feel itā€™s worth noting that I would seriously consider quitting if they do that. I really donā€™t want to endlessly have to spend gems chasing upgrades to heroes I already have.)

11 Likes

I agree Zephyr, making this a purely play to win game will make many people quit. Have already invested so much. However, I wouldnā€™t be opposed to creating costumes for event/Atlantis/HOTM that change the card art and the class of the hero. Would help with optimizing and emblem distribution.

Are the costumes listed above the only costumes that will be available on the 18th with a plan to gradually role out more? Or is this just the sample that was used for beta testing with more non listed costumes available upon release. Still looking forward to the costume for Magni and marjana, throne, and Elkanen

Also, I donā€™t think I saw anything on how often costume portal will be available. Will this like elemental summons where they rotate each day? I think this would be the best idea so you at least

1 Like

Iā€™m fine with that premise.

Iā€™m not really fine with the idea of having to Summon for Costumes with the same rarity of Appearance Rates all over again.

Thereā€™s nothing optimal about something you canā€™t get to begin with, and the odds of getting the Costumes you needed for particular Event/Atlantis/HOTM heroes would be highly problematic, barring a radical change to how that works.

It should be all of the initial Costumes ā€” I think itā€™s unlikely they would choose to Beta test some but not others. The Release Notes also explicitly listed those ones.

Iā€™m not sure. There was no way to tell this based on Beta, and it hasnā€™t been officially announced.

2 Likes

@zephyr1, just curious, are the custome avaliable for S1 heroes only (to balance and compete with S2 and HOTM heroes), or available for all heroes?

S1 only

3 Likes

Rumor has it that skins will make slow mana heroes into average mana

Any insight on that? Has anyone mathed it out yet?

@Rigs this is from post 1

5 Likes

Answer is yes.

12Ć·1.2=10
So will bump them up to average but will still be just a tile shy of the ideal 3x3 combo mana fills, but still better than 11 or 12.

@Rigs - i donā€™t get it. Isnā€™t the mana bonus 5%. Are you assuming a level 28 mana troop (adding 15%) as well to make it a total of 20%.

Donā€™t forget emblem paths add 2/4% as well. So, you could have a maximum of 24%. However, the only change that makes is to allow very slow to go to 11 tiles (requiring 23% faster mana).

Number of tiles required divided by 1+ total mana boost %
12Ć·1.2=10 tiles

15% from lvl 29 mana troops
5% from costume bonus
20% total

2 Likes

@zephyr1

Thanks for all the intel and communication. In looking at the linked provided above for v24. There is a list of the new costumes for specific heroes.

However i still donā€™t see notable S1 heroes such as Magni,marjana, Sartana, throne, elk, etc

Does this mean these legendary costumes will NOT be available or included with the release? Or do they plan to not have a costume for these heroā€™s and costumes are only for a select few group of S1 heroā€™s at this time?

So much for Costumes being helpful mostly for F2P. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Not as far as I know, as I said in my reply to your earlier post:

Sent you in Line. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol Dawa is the worstā€¦ I knew that even when I only had 2* heroes. At this point canā€™t remember how many times Iā€™ve lost gold coins to Dawa. I think itā€™s her colour that attracts gold coins. I really hate Dawa. Iā€™m also sitting with 2x Boomers on my roster.

2 Likes