šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Aether Powers [Part of The Beta Beat v56]

Also with PvP on the horizon, if one doesnt have heroes limit broke, the weaker player will be at a huge disadvantage

2 Likes

Thanks. I tend to think this type of dynamic where hero development is slower/takes longer actually benefits F2P/C2P players as we have fewer heroes to work with so we can invest more in the ones we have (and we use our heroes for longer so the materials donā€™t feel ā€œwastedā€ so quickly)

2 Likes

I was thinking of the possibility for a hero to learn a different skill, now strong and OP heroes will be even more annoying and near impossible to beat without a great staring board but how it can just be limited to certain heroes. Do you imagine, for example, what this boost will do to heroes that are really dangerous, speeding up Afrike, Khufu, ludwig, etc. or counter attack so you start killing yourself from the start of the battle, yea no fun really

3 Likes

Iā€™m just imagining how long the hero descriptions will be when I click on them during battle

from Imgflip Meme Generator

33 Likes

So the Aether Power will enable heroes to start the battle with a Buff for 6 turns ā€¦. :man_shrugging:t2::man_facepalming:t2:ā€¦.

I will not say anything furtherā€¦.else, I will be accused of trolling :wink:

9 Likes

Actually, some hero descriptions are already so long that they glitch out and donā€™t display properly in Spanish. Iā€™ve noticed it on Styx heroes.

2 Likes

:rotating_light: Nerfs incoming! :rotating_light:

As the forumā€™s resident weirdo who uses Thorne all the time, I can tell you that dude was straight-up scary with the OG Was Sceptre amulet, and even though thatā€™s been toned down twice, I continue to use it in all S5 stages because it makes him what I truly envisioned him being - a hard hitter that can take a beating. My Thorne 4^85+c20 is all attack path. I would love to see uncostumed Thorne get the ā€œSpecial Boostā€ aether power so that the Icecold Finisher might actually finish somebody once in a while.

2 Likes

I hope every hunter and musketeer hero receives 360 health over 6 turns because they donā€™t deserve anything.

Actually, can this feature be used only on older heroes? Say, those released up to challenge festival 2 or so.

1 Like

Another joke of a cashgrab. $G have got to be the greediest clowns Iā€™ve ever seen

6 Likes

Oh, IĀ“ve just about had it with SG now. Friends leaving over this game becoming like it is now, events that are made less fun, more and more op heroes to be released, hardly no QoL updates, rarely any buffs to older heroes, drip release of costumes and what not.

What a week. And now this. That no one asked for at all.

When will SG grasp, that player happiness and relaxation - and fun (remember fun?) - is what gaming should be about.

18 Likes

I just laughed out loud. Too true.

2 Likes

They dont give enought materials to lb first time :angry:. Only for people who have money :disappointed:

1 Like

I can say it is the case, I tested it:
For example:
Base hawkmoon: +20 dƩfense
C1 hawkmoon +40% against SS

2 Likes

This may be what finally makes me put an unleveled team as my raid defence.

I just donā€™t see raiding being anything other than a chore with these and I will also have to seriously think about opting it of wars.

I could have lived with just going up in stats with five new levels but more abilities just arenā€™t required.

8 Likes

Not a fan of this at all. Itā€™s not about adding complexity and strategy to the game. Itā€™s about making it a nightmare. They should really plan it thoughtfully. Moreover, thereā€™s no balance at all between the powers. How can you put on the same level a +20% defense and Taunt or counterattack or immunities or managen.
Thereā€™s ā€œitā€™s a very bad ideaā€ written all over it.

11 Likes

Well i am waiting for a long time for a real reason to quit.

And here it is. If I manage to LB a hero once, than go and LB it the second time and you guys nerf it after 2 weeks, this will be the perfect reason for me.

At least a reset button to get back the aetherā€™s from the heroes you nerfed and we had to bench would be nice.

22 Likes

Why add more abilities to a hero that is fully Limit broken? So not only will they have much more enhanced stats but they will have even more abilities for 6 turns than they already have? Talk about putting a wider gap between the haves and have nots. How about aether resets so I can get the aethers I put onto nerfed heroā€™s I no longer use back into the ones that will benefit the most from this blatant cash grab and needless to say another straw on the camels back.

5 Likes

OK, I will say this one time:

Itā€™s fine to let players possibly select one of these powers, like how we select the upgrade path with Emblems.

But if the devs just assign these buffs, then the ones with the good buffs will be valuable, and the ones with the bad buffs will be garbage.

This is fine if you do it to balance things. (Like, give Noor the ā€œreflects all ailmentsā€ one, but under no circumstances give it to Freya &c.) But if you make a random pool of awesome heroes and crap heroes, instead of trying to even out the playing field, you will have some furious players.

Right now itā€™s not a matter of tradeoffs. I remember when the game first started----Magni was interesting because he had lower defense, and higher attack. But his buff could compensate, if he went off in time. It was a tradeoff.

But now every new 5* (and there are a LOT of those) have nearly even stats, and the power creep is measurable.

If you do this ā€” you need to either let the players pick, or you need to actually make it a tradeoff. (Awesome hero and crap buff, or crap hero and awesome buff.) If you donā€™t, youā€™ll just make a big gap, and it will infuriate a lot of people.

I mean clearly itā€™s already infuriating people, but I mean if they are not careful, it will affect Zyngaā€™s wallet negatively.

18 Likes

YES. This, without question. They can do it with the upgrade path, they could do it here, too.

4 Likes

hear hear, I think Iā€™m going to cup drop all the way to the bottom once this goes live

6 Likes