šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

Remember when we all thought that non-S1 costumes would break the game? Fun times back then.

My grandmother always said ā€šwhen you spin it to fast, kids will fall off the carouselā€˜

Waiting for the fall off

4 Likes

Like mentioned in another post by @Cerevan_the_Omni, the artifact is a great idea.

I am just trying to throw in some broad ideas on how this could actually workā€¦

• Artifact will be in 5 colors and can only be equipped to similar color hero
  • Max 1 artifact per hero
  • Artifact will be from 1* to 4* (1* to 3* available from daily summon portal while 3* and 4* available from a new artifact portal which can be summoned using a new epic artifact token)
  • 1* and 2* artifact can also be farmed from regular map stages
  • Artifact will only add special features to hero (e.g. special attack +5%, special skill defense +5%, elemental defense +10%, healing effect +5%, mana boost +3% etc.) with no change to the base stats
  • 1* artifact will add one special feature, 2* add two, 3* add three and 4* add four
  • Level up of artifact will be a combination of hero level up and troops level up
  • You need to consume other artifact and iron (instead of food) to level up the artifact
  • Say one 4* artifact is called ā€œDemon Hunterā€™s Bowā€. It will add four special features when maxed: special skill attack +5%, 20 fire damage to each enemy per turn, extra +75hp when healed, resistance to dark +10%)
  • When the artifact is at tier 1 and level 1, only special skill attack is unlocked and at +1%. When you level up to tier 1 and level 5 (max level), then you will reach special skill attack +5%
  • After that you have to ascend to tier 2 and then 20 fire damage will be unlocked
  • Then you level up from tier 2 level 1 to level 10 and then move to tier 3 (max 15 levels) and eventually tier 4 (max 20 levels)
  • Ascension from tier 3 to tier 4 will involve the use of some unfarmable rare 3* item (hidden blade, sturdy shield, warm cape, trap tool and orb) but at a reasonable quantity say 1 or 2.
  • In the future SG can also introduce a new building say ā€œWitch Houseā€ where you can craft 1* to 3* artifacts using crafting material and iron and then recraft 4* items from one to another (similar to hero academy level 9)

SG can continue to make money from the new portal but maybe this is something more interesting and gives more variety to strategy and combination?

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Once implemented, the game is overā€¦

1 Like

Wow, way to summarize a situation that seems like a no-brainer, and SG will just ignore it. Thisā€¦this post is gold. Not only would it solve the duplicate heroes like you said, it would reinvigorate whales on summon portals where they already had a hero. Now they can go whole hog again on ninja and s2-s4. Perfect solution, and quite simple. SG is paying the wrong peopleā€¦

1 Like

That is just not neededā€¦and then throw in Finley Cobalt onyx at 85ā€¦thatā€™s just disgusting this isnā€™t adding anything good to the game for anyone that wants to pay a bit to have fun and still compete, all I can say is if they actually go through with this (and God please I hope not) that itā€™s time to either lower diamond requirements or add a new tier to raiding because anyone thatā€™s not dishing out a ton of $ isnā€™t gonna stay in diamond anymoreā€¦but all this stuff thatā€™s supposed to be QoL improving content is just more padding for sgā€™s wallets or more so zynga, I honestly think SG cares about community but because they sold thier soul to zynga and made a deal with the devil itā€™s pulling the strings to make this old cow make cash again, but its just a wrong with non s1 costumes this s**** etc etc.

I pray this doesnā€™t happen Iā€™m already getting jaded but do love the community and pvp etc pleas donā€™t break the game for anyone but the whales anymore then already has been.

2 Likes

There is such poll :slight_smile:

So strangeā€¦why would they include rare and epic limit break mats in limit breaking a 5*? They are pretty much guaranteeing that no one will limit break anything but 5* because using those mats on something less is a waste.

1 Like

Items currently used to ascend 3* are also used on 4*/5*, items used on 4* are also used on 5*. So itā€™s only in keeping with the leveling model thatā€™s always existed.
Doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a not a whole new headache limit breaking the cards though.

Personally I donā€™t share the same sense of frustration about this potential change.

At the moment I think raids favour the attacking team too much. It will be easier to get your DT limits broken than all your attacking heroes, so I look forward to the advantage it gives DTs. Iā€™d like to understand more about the quests and how readily available the limit breakers will be. Personally Iā€™d like to see them be rare so that players are forced to choose which heroes to boost, rather than simply be able to boost them all.

I am however concerned about the possible impact if defence formations ever make it beyond global beta. I think that could sing the balance too much towards DTs.

I also donā€™t relish the thought of how long it will take to fully level a 5*, as it is already a pretty long time! Iā€™d also like to understand how many mats are required for these extra levels. 4* mats are already hard enough to come by.

I actually think this change has potentialā€¦ but both good or bad potential

I get that, but the 2* and 3* ascension mats can be found just in normal map places, so you can quickly start to get a decent supply of them adding less stress to what lower units you ascend. If these items are only going to be available in a special area and on a limited basis, thatā€™s not anywhere similar to current mechanics.

So for costumed/non-costumed hero Limit Breaks basically works as ascension.

Isnā€™t there any portal or something connected to this quest? They will not miss the chance people pulling to get more, right? :smile:

1 Like

Absolutely all changes which they make in this game firstly oriented to this. And itā€™s OK, but they forgot about players and QoL few years ago.
Where are new titans (not Myth), everyday quests and buildings (not so useless as HA)? Only new summon portalsā€¦

2 Likes

Correct. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is exactly my take and to add to it:

Their decision to improve emblem drops and decrease food cost was so good and honestly refreshed the game so much. I started seeing so much more variety in defenses that I actually enjoyed raiding again.

This is taking two steps back. We will see the same defenses over and over again as people need to make sure their main tank gets the few limit breakers they might get. It really seems like a horrible decision if Iā€™m being honest that is going to stale the game back to where it was pre-emblem change.

I will stop raiding 100% if we are back to the same teams composed of a variety of 7 heroes over and over again.

7 Likes

All TOP100-1000 alliances will have to buy all those ā€œlimit breakersā€ which SGG will sell (I am sure they will) for being on current level

1 Like

This is what I mean by not in the card. The info you click in battle is not card.

I am sure the number of 3* and 4* LB will be much more than 5* so there will be a lot of leftover after using them on 5* heroes.

Problem with limit breaking is, it only adds another layer to rigidness of heroes progressionā€¦Heroes are only going up, while not changing in any meaningfull wayā€¦

So what, after limit breaker ability, next thing follows ascension to godhood? Another 5 lvlsā€¦

Instead of pointless piling up, crafting legendary items would promote stats shifting of legendary heroes and thus wouldnt make heroes rigidā€¦For 3* and 4* it would still work as boost to offer more competitive options for f2p players and small spendersā€¦

What you are trying to solve on defense with stronger defense heroes, can be solved by balance changes and or extra bonuses to tank positioned hero :slight_smile:

completely agree. Like, what need does SG think is being fulfilled here? They keep releasing new heroes, and it takes a long time to ascend and emblem one. So theyā€™re now gonna make it even longer and tougher to actually get a hero to their full potential? I donā€™t get it. Why?

besides the money of courseā€¦ oh wait itā€™s all about the money, sighā€¦

3 Likes