šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

I personally think it will alienate a good chunk of the players here. Just with the power creep/jump, Iā€™ve seen alot of players quit being enough is enough. There isnt any real value or anything added to the game. Honestly, why dont they just add another 20 levels in emblems???

1 Like

To simple they like to milk money off players. Itā€™s just business to them they donā€™t care about what players think. And Iā€™m prity sure they know aloot hav invested to much to walk away after all its a gocha game.

Itā€™s sad but the truth. Hence why some are FTP because they canā€™t leave due to the amount they done. Good strategy by SG wait till they all settle in and then hit players with high cost. As they know most wonā€™t just quit.

Iā€™m seeing a lot of former whales walk away. You can get to a point to where you dont have to spend to get into an alliance that takes down 14* titans with plenty of time to spare. If you cant walk away from this, people have bigger problems and should seek help

3 Likes

Agreed

But need to understand whales are leaving but new players and whales are joining every day.

Not from what iā€™m seeing. Id bet youre seeing a 4 to 1 ratio of those who are leaving in as whales to those who are coming in.

2 Likes

Justā€¦no. No to this like I said no to new costumes.

The longevity of a game is dependent on new players\spenders. The harder you make it for a new player to establish themselves, the less likely they are going to play or spend.

The questions you have to ask areā€¦

If you just started playing this game today, would you invest?

If so, how long would it be till you felt the grind\cost would be too much to bother with?

There are so many similar games out there and more showing up all the time. SG even competes with itself. To be honest, even though I love the game, if I downloaded E&P for the first time today, I would probably delete it with a week. with little\no spending.

Other games and developers will realize this and do things like boost new players with some way of catching up, but I donā€™t see SG doing that. Sadly, I see them doing what most companies do and chase short-term profits.

2 Likes

When I started playing about 3 years ago I knew I could eventually get the Vanialla heroes for free, all I needed was patience. Of course people that spend had a lot of HOTM and Events heroes, but once in a while I might save enough free gems to try a 10 pull and luckily get one myself.

Now theyā€™ve added Season 2-3-4 heroes, costumes for vanilla heroes instead of a buff, emblems, I would not stick around for long was I to join today.

I consider myself lucky I got Guinevere and Guardian Panther from HA 10 running it full time since October so better than the odds but still barely enough to make me feel like this game will let me be competitive.

Raids and wars are boring, the ratio defense/attack is not taken into account for matchmaking so our alliance of mostly f2p struggles to fight the fancy heroes defense teams of our opponents.

And now my alliance is crumbling, new players quit after a few months, we are starting to see a lot of the core long term players of over 3 years leaving as well, mostly the f2p.

I already feel like quitting myself, I know if limit breakers come into the game that will definitely push me over the edge, no way Iā€™m gonna stick around to hope I get to level up like 3 to 5 of my vanilla or very old event heroes and still lose miserably.

6 Likes

my wallet starts to be broken so I donā€™t need to break any limits further. :smiley:

Now seriously:

I wont quit as I still enjoy this game BUT I will probably join FTP rebellion.
It is not about money because I consider myself being lucky enough to afford spending some money on this game (unlike some other people on earth who shall survive each month with amount worth less than 10.000 gems in this game). It is about ratio of fun for the money. And that seems to be nearly broken for me.

SG pls, start to listen to your customers at least for a while. You will benefit more than listening some greedy shareholders. And I know what I am saying.

5 Likes

@dcendents I donā€™t want to stick around for limit breakers either. As difficult as it can be to see so many long term players leaving, now has never been a better time to walk away.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll find you

Goats are easy to spot

1 Like

Right now whatā€™s keeping you in the game.

1. My alliance
  2. Other player friends, and the community
  3. Game has been strangely very generous to me (including Vanda + Guardian Panther in November, Gefjon in February, and an insanely good Springvale).

So why leave if limit breaker comes in. if those 3 things keeps you in the game just stick with it just cut spending.

I get what youā€™re saying but I spend close to nothing already. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And thatā€™s good. Players are leaving for lots of reasons but the main thing is moneyā€¦ And thatā€™s there fault they know how the game is and know the risks and when doing large pulls and getting nothing from it will surely trigger that rage. Especially if your using money you donā€™t hav spear.

Addiction is a main course aswell and if this is why they left then they should and glad for them to get out before it gets worse. Lots are still stuck and need the support to leave but never make them selfs known.

If you cant manage your self then leaving is the best option but if you can then nothing thatā€¦ SGā€¦ throws at you should make you leave. Just support you alliance and enjoy the game donā€™t let limit breaker be the reason as there trying to get rid of FTP players. Remember itā€™s a game so treat it like its one donā€™t let it suck the life out of you and others. Itā€™s there choice for there own reasons.

So basically if itā€™s effecting your life leave if it isnā€™t then sit back relax and enjoy it with those that do.

Wow that was a bit long :joy::joy::joy:. I do hate what SG are doing but my alliance and friends keeps it going being a FTP player has help alot even tho its a tough grind more interesting.

1 Like

Would hate to see you go, @SamMe . Hope our little community is enough to keep you around, as I have no faith that limit breakers will be abandoned.

2 Likes

Thanks @Noble_Weasel.

I donā€™t want to be a pessimist, but if itā€™s not limit breakers, itā€™s costumes for non-S1 heroesā€¦ Another blow is on the horizon for f2p, c2p, actually all players if limit breakers/new costumes go ahead. Which will be the case for non-S1 costumes. I donā€™t think itā€™s right for players to ā€œneedā€ to summon any non-S1 hero again.

To be clear, limit breakers would just be the straw that breaks the camelā€™s back. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I get it. Limit breakers I can maybe handle, since there is at least a quest where you are guaranteed to get them. I can be patient, and they also help 3- and 4-star heroes, too. Non-S1 costumes is a load of horse hockey. Canā€™t say it any better than you did:

All of a sudden, I canā€™t even be happy about my Poseidon, Onatel, Krampus, and Heimdall - absolutely otherworldly pulls for F2P - because I donā€™t have the costumes of those same heroes. What a crock!

5 Likes

This is what I see

Congrats, youā€™ve reached the max level for your hero at 480

Ummm wait, for you to reach the max potential for your heroes now, you need to them to level 20 on emblems.

Hey, we have a great idea. Instead of rebalancing the S1 heroes, you get to pay and hopefully get lucky by getting a costume for your Joon, Liana, and others.

Ummm wait, for you to reach the max potential for your heroes now, you need to them to level 20 on emblems and a limit breaker. BTW, if you have a hero with a costume, it will need to be broken twice.

Whats after the limit breakers? Limit breakers for your troops? Any more rebalancing??? I doubt it since they would have done something in the last year about some absolute obsolete heroes and they wont make any cash off of a Toth-Amun who could actually be useful

4 Likes

This is too accurate. But again, emblems and limit breakers are something you are at least guaranteed to get over time, which means I can be sorta OK with them. Sorta. The hard part is pulling a hero in the first place, so investing in the best ones I have makes sense.

But having to beat the odds twice? To pull the same hero? Thatā€™s what may end up eventually doing me in. I love my 3- and 4-star costumes because they add a lot of versatility to my heroes, even some ā€œuselessā€ ones. But Iā€™ve only gotten one 5-star costume so far, and it was Justice, who has the sad distinction of being only marginally useful in most cases with or without costume. When I saw Poseidon in the list of proposed costumes, I was most perturbed. It was a complete fluke for me (F2P) to pull him once. Pull him again? And without the benefit of free Atlantis coins this time, which are all but impossible to get now without spending? Cā€™mon!

Non-S1 costumes have been the most universally despised thing Iā€™ve seen SGG pitch on this forum, and Iā€™ve been here a while. The fact that they are apparently intent on rolling them out anyway is very discouraging.

4 Likes