šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

Where are limit breakers for troops. Cmon. Implement it NOW!

1 Like

Well, I get your point of viewā€¦ And itā€™s totally legit. But please, have merci and some compassion for us who are tired of chasing things around all the time, but whenever we feel like we are almost there - the target slips away. :pray::joy:

3 Likes

The classic ā€œYou canā€™t please everyone all of the timeā€ is always in effect.

Personally Iā€™m no fan of the Ninja Tower and Iā€™m not in a minority with that. But likewise a lot of people really like Ninja Tower.

So should we stop NT just because I dislike it??? Then all those that do like it are going to upset.

The beauty of this game is you can choose to ignore something if you want. Limit breakers will come in and at the top you will see all 5 on defence with them. Down the league youā€™ll maybe see a tank with them. But you might get one of your own and then it evens out.

You see a defence you donā€™t like in a Raid? Just skip it. If you are getting nothing but those teams then Iā€™d wager you are on a decent cup score and youā€™ve either gone above your level or you have enough big guns to carry you.

Either way what overall difference this make to the majority of players is pretty minimal I think.

1 Like

Iā€™m on the fence at the moment about limit breakers, but I have to point out that NT is not a good example since it is a single event and can be avoided altogether. It is not necessary to play it in order to have access to the Ninja Portal, even. Limit breakers on the other hand can affect any hero and therefore sneak into any part of the game. I do accept your point that, at least early on, one isnā€™t likely to encounter a whole lot of them. But it will grow.

My current feeling about the concept is that if this extra level had been available from the start, no-one would have any problem with it. Whether that means it shouldnā€™t be introduced now, no doubt time will tell.

2 Likes

There is NOTHING wrong with Limit-Breakersā€¦ like emblems, they too have a role in the game. Instead of cribbing, lets see how it developsā€¦

I would though expect SG to make the LBs available like emblems via quests / events / chests / missionsā€¦ & NOT just bombard money deals ā€¦ which will make the LBs untouchable in the beginning = disliked . hated by many !!

1 Like

Note that if those heroes have the same star, the increase in attack and defence will equal percentage wise, in your example, the attack is increased higher percentage wise.
Let me give example with slash damage of Ametrine against Sudri:

No-LB Ametrine against No-LB Sudri
Slash damage = 100 Ɨ (716 / 484) ^ 1.35 = 169
Sudri HP left = 775 - 169 = 606

LB Ametrine against LB Sudri
Slash damage = 100 Ɨ (778 / 549) ^ 1.35 = 160
Sudri HP left = 878 - 160 = 718

You canā€™t please every players but donā€™t screw most players.

FYI, I am not screwed by limit breaker. I am okay with it. I think it will improve my roster. Though I am not sure it is the best for the future of the game if it drive players leave.

The proposed update that I genuinely hate is non-S1 costume.

1 Like

I still donā€™t understand how this is screwing most players. As in the core concept of this. At best itā€™s screwing with the top but thatā€™s honestly because they have to be the best. SG just feeds them what they want. Itā€™s the ones in piles of debt chasing this I do feel some pity for. But itā€™s self-inflicted. Those who realise the trap theyā€™ve put themselves in can escape, some sadly canā€™t.

So if LBā€™s screw most players then so do emblems. After a lot of angry voices back when they were launched I generally think emblems are just an accepted part of the game now. Some people have bought lots, others like me have been rewarded a lot for high level participation and I guess a lot of players donā€™t have those levels. Yet the game carried on.

From what Iā€™ve seen in Beta a LB doesnā€™t make a huge difference to a hero. Itā€™s a small boost at best to the core stats.

Having a defence of all of them over 900 with LBā€™s will just mostly be for bragging rights. I canā€™t see it breaking my game so Iā€™m going to wait and see. I kinda like the idea personally. Emblems helped make some of my lesser loved heroes viable (Khagan & Quintus looking at you). So LBā€™s might help again if someone is lucky to grab one.

Iā€™m generally just on the bus seeing where the ride takes me. Like I said, the day the bus takes me a place I donā€™t like Iā€™ll get off it. And Iā€™ll have no regrets when it happens, itā€™s been fun.

1 Like

It actually doesnā€™t.

But a lot of posters seem to have misunderstood this feature so they feel screwed.

First of all, it actually slightly reduce the gap as the power increase is similiar in number which means weaker heroes get more increase in percentage.

Secondly, it doesnā€™t really limit variety. Emblem already did that. You can just limit break those hero with emblem. You also donā€™t need to worry about dividing limit breakers between 3 or 4 or 5 star. When you have limit breakers for a 5*, you will have excess for 2Ɨ 4*.

So I am okay with it, I alredy accumulate backpack and wooden swords in preparation.

Thanks for your info on damage calculations! So if I understand correctly, both heroes having limit breaks slightly reduces dmg from slash attack.

Well, we found out one positive out of 20 negatives for limit breaks and this one is far from enough :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why Epic and Legendary Heroes needs a Rare LBS Token?
It is like Emblem, spreading on every rarity. I donā€™t like it.
It should be specific only, so that we can spread Limit Break on every rarity without calculating on every rarity requirement, thatā€™s too complicated and too much options.

I want my Rare LBS Token for my Rare Heroes, period.
I want my Epic LBS Token for my Epic Heroes, period.
I want my Legendary LBS Token for my Legendary Heroes, period.

3 Likes

If the star is on the same level, it doesnā€™t change the slash attack but still reduce the percentage of HP taken.

If the star is on different level, the one with lower star will benefit (more slash damage against higher star and less slash damage from higher star).

1 Like

The difference from emblem is that due to the drop rate, when you can limit break a 5*, the excess 3*/4* limit breaker will still allow you to limit break multiple 3*/4*. So you donā€™t need to worry about splitting it.

1 Like

I feel this is just like emblems some months ago, a way to give something to do (= to spent) to top players. Iā€™ve soon met a team with only S4 heroes fully emblemed and I m far from the top. So I believe i will meet 5200 teams before I may ask to myself what is the best way for me to use these LBs.
There is probably a way to implemented it which could be quiet fun. But we all know the way chosen by SG will be the cash grabber one.
As it will probably change the emblem strategy for many players, the emblem reinitialisation should be easier = more tokens and all the ressources back when reinit (not only 10% of food and Iron) .
AS it s a way to rebalance the heroes in our own way, a non costumed S1 hero should be LB with reduced ressources; or S4 heroes could not be LB before the end of S4, make the LB quest frequent and easier but LB or emblemed heroes are not allowed ā€¦

1 Like

Has anyone asked why the legendary yellow and legendary green require more ascension materials than the other three colors?

5 Likes

My guess is because theyā€™re 2 star vs 1 star materials?

Of course, thanks to their own game design, those 1 star mats are actually more valuable.

2 Likes

Ah Maybe thatā€™s it.
Yeah Iā€™m really not liking the 100 adventure kits requirement.

And that is per each level. In order to level a five star nature hero to level 85 you will need 500.

Yeah I did catch that. I saved a bunch of them from the last AR so I could have them ready. But man itā€™s hard not to want to set them in my training camps.

Yes, I think it is too much tooā€¦
I hope if this feature will ever go live SG will reduce the material requirementā€¦

2 Likes