đŸ§Ș Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

@Artamiss @SamMe ok, but aside from ego, what benefits are you getting from being a top 100 alliance?

The war system (usually) matches you with a team of equal strength so you’ll all face the same issues. Let the whales hit the whales

Best thing I did in over 3 years playing with stick mainly with a top 250-500 alliance. We will also face broken heroes, but not as many, for the same rewards.

In addition, you’re both coming at this from a war perspective and as long-term players who’ve completed, I’m assuming, most-all content. People struggling with latter stages of various events may well gladly make use of this feature

If you can’t understand why some people enjoy competition well you probably never practice any sport in your life.

I would not enjoy being in a top 500 alliance letting titans go and do scrappy wars.

You don’t need to be a whale to be at the top level but that statement is lesser and lesser true since S3 came out.

1 Like

Ladies/gents, the common “enemy” is SG/Zynga’s management of the game. Not each other. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I consider this an insult to my hard work and commitment over the better part of three years.

Stop making my roster obsolete.

15 Likes

Better yet:

I’ve played c2p for close to three years – keep my roster relevant.

6 Likes

As F2P that limit break maybe can help my heroes for PVE gameplay. Make stronger my 3*, 4*, and classic 5* i have.

@EatMyF4ce I’m going to answer your question as though you have no idea why. First, I didn’t join for my ego, I joined because my then former leader @LuluA85 leads the alliance (she is a very tried and true alliance leader), and my long-time friend recruited/invited me. I joined as a visitor, and ended up staying.

Second, I prefer not to pass on any titans. I find it easier knowing that every titan is a kill, and even though loot tends to be poor, overall, I do believe it is advantageous getting more titan loot, and opening more titan chests. I know loot is random, and 14* titans are not for everyone.

Third, the like minded atmosphere and access to player knowledge, beta info etc. I’d consider myself a semi serious player, and almost everyone in my alliance is on the same page. In my experience, that dedication can be quite rare outside top 100-150 alliances.

I have other reasons too but this reply is already an essay

At top 250-500 alliance level, you’d be passing titans somewhat regularly. I just prefer not to pass.

And I think you missed my point. This won’t just affect those in top 100 alliances, it will affect all players regardless of how much they spend, and how long they’ve been playing.

Having written that, I really do think it is long term players who can see it for what it is: effectively a nerf to your roster, another grind that does not actually benefit players.

Hopefully the above is clear enough for you.

12 Likes

I’ll help answer that because i just came from top 2-300 alliance to the same alliance as Sammie. Mats. Just mats. Yes, you’re probably chaining 14*s but going through mats to continue to get them down. Having to use only a max of 5 flags and the titan is dead I saves a boatload on mats. At least you his is why I’m finding. I’ve been actually able to level my troops for the 1st time in a couple of months since I’m not blowing through food for the titans

2 Likes

Found a rage quit video. This is where the changes leads players to.

5 Likes

This. Maybe they could finally make use the “power” stat. The lower the hero’s power, the bigger effect the limit breaker can have. This would help their intention of closing the power gap between S1 and S4 and to keep a larger part of a player’s roster usable. Still sounds like a nightmare for players to manage. It’s one more thing I really don’t want to keep track of.

I hope they revisit the talent tree as the solution to the problem they’re trying to address. I feel like the emblem economy is in a good place at the moment. If I had incentive to give Ranger emblems to Khagan because there was a Season 1 Bonus node or something
 I would absolutely do it.

As much as these changes like non s1 costumes limit breaker etc probably fueled alot of ppl to quit the game and suicide thier accounts I think this had more to do with the addiction to the game, that being said these changes fuel the addictive nature of this game by constantly wanting/needing the best new hero’s and additions to stay on top
either way when a game becomes a “disease” to anyone then it’s no longer a game and probably time to quit. Best solution keep expectations low and spending to within your means. It’s sad to see anyone get to that point but no doubt if they implemented these limit breakers we’ll see more and more of this happening, I for one am hoping that the devs will look at over 3/4s of the community saying “hate the idea” and shelf it
last thing I want is this game to go under as I enjoy it alot even though at times it frustrates the S*** out of me (more so these situations with just poor judgment on the devs side and what appears to be a lack of listening to thier costumer base) as I do love the community the pvp etc.

Stay happy ppl and stay within your budgets
:heart:

9 Likes

For the record I don’t love the idea of a limit breaker, but accept the game will probably go there.

What I really hate is the mechanic SG has chosen. Other options could actually have been more QoL or flexible.

The battle items idea or using Dup heroes to evolve maxed heroes possibly with the use of another item at least creates an opportunity with some utility for more players.

The endless debates in the forum about F2P vs P2W are pointless. We all play the game and have made our own decisions about how we choose to play. At the end of the day the only other players that have a direct impact on your game are in your alliance.

7 Likes

Using dupe heroes might actually make it far harder and inflexible to do limit break than using limit breaker items.

1 Like

Actually it would improve the relevance of S1 5* due to relative rareness of various 5* in the game and the current dups players are carrying in their rosters (big winners will be HotMs and S1 heroes) .

We would see more 4* heroes being useful in the higher levels of seasons and non tiered events (mythic titan, ToL and NT) with the downside being with the 3*; it would make it harder in 3* tournaments for newbies to compete.

Overall a better option than requiring backpacks to fuel limit breaking
and it would free up roster space!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, although many of us saw this coming, it is completely pointless to try and convince SG to NOT implement Limit Breakers. This feature was absolutely going to happen in some form or another. Top players (players with several maxed heroes) were just not spending money like they use to. This is the only feature that would get them to re-open their wallets and spend again.

1 Like

It will become a P2W features. F2P can only hope of limit breaked S1 while P2W can just get limit breaked Ninja etc. F2P who are lucky to get non-S1 will find that their non-S1 are useless as they are not limit-breaked because it is hard to replicate the previous luck to get the dupes for limit break.

If limit breaking need dupes, P2W won’t have problem with any heroes. F2P might not have problem with the S1 heroes but they will have problem with non-S1.

If limit breaking need dupes instead if item, it is worse than costume for non-S1. As F2P, I adamantly against this.

3 Likes

You are overstating for the majority of spending players.

Regardless, I don’t understand how their game choices will impact you as a F2P player.

If dupes is mandatory for limit breaking, that will make the non-S1 that I have become borderline useless as I cannot limit break most of them. It is equal to saying:

You are F2P, just put your non-S1 lucky pull to trash, you have faint hope of limit break them anyway. Just stay with your weak S1 toys.

It is not their game choice but the proposed dupe system. Imagine getting lucky with pulling non-S1 only to be told that you can only ascend them if you get the dupes.

S1 will be big winners as their usage is increased but F2P will be the big losers as they are forced to stay with S1.

Dupes should stay out of this. I don’t want to be forced to get the same hero twice just to bring them to their full potential.

If you want usage for dupes, ask them to bring a feature that can convert them into emblems, AM, or limit break items instead.

1 Like

I must have missed it somewhere. For someone to use the limit breakers, you would have to have a dupe of the same hero? Of that is the case, these guys aren’t seeing things very clearly as to what the issues and how to improve the game. It was just reported that Zunga/SG have made over a billion off this game. They’re gonna go for the quick last bit of cash with these kind of things or make the changes such as balancing the game for longevity.

I’d agree, insofar as its just more of the same: grind/farm/ascend. How often can the exact same tedious process be incorporated as a “new” idea? Why not extend it to break cards to lvl 100? Or lvl 1000? Yawn, and then some.

1 Like