🧪 Early Information on Advanced Hero Levels (aka Limit Breakers) [Part of The Beta Beat v37 & V39]

Even if it applied to S1 5* heroes only, they’d just apply it to other 5* down the track. Look at what is happening with costumes for non-S1 heroes. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Why not make this feature with dublicates heroes (community very long ask doing something with dublicates)? Many of dupes from S1. Is it because the “limit breakers” can be sold?) New event? We have not enough events in game now?

Money money money :money_with_wings::moneybag::money_with_wings::moneybag:
Here take it all!

The bridge between F2P, C2P and P2W are getting longer, bigger, wider, and can’t be controlled any longer.

1 Like

If they just fine tune this addition, that this option is available as stat boost for 3* and 4* , and 5* it works as an option to shift stats (like from my idea with legendary equimpment, example 30 attack up for 30 def down), they can keep everything else from the idea with quests etc,…

1 Like

So, from each Limit Breaker quest we can get

Limit Breaker 3* hero 3* costume 4* hero 4* costume 5* hero 5* costume
Rare 520% 867% 130% 217% 74.5% 124%
Epic - - 240% 400% 60% 100%
Legendary - - - - 40% 67%

Thus, as F2P (assuming you don’t get LBs from other sources) you need to complete 3 colour specific LB quests before being able to limit break 1 (one) legendary hero. After this 3 quests and using limit break for one legendary, it remains 16 epic LBs and 43 rare LBs. This allows to limit break additionally 2 epic heroes (you have epic breaker for 3 heroes, but not enough rare breakers) and it remains 3 rare LBs and 6 epic LBs. Alternatively, you can limit break one 4* hero, its costume and two rare heroes or one rare and its costume.

3 Likes

Only way this feature may be acceptable to all players is if it’s restricted to:

1. All heroes of Season 1
  2. Upto 4* heroes in season 2
  3. Only 3* heroes of Season 3
    None from Season 4
6 Likes

I my not against this idea overall, but there must be a kind of compensation if you’re going to use a limit broken hero.
My suggestion would be to increase the team costs of limit broken heroes (under the requirement that the max will still be 130). For example a 5* hero hero with limit break has a team cost of 32, a 4* 20 and a 3* 12. Then you have to decide if you play with 5 “normal” 5* or 1 limit broken 5* and 4* and the rest “normal” 5*. If you want to use the maximum of limit broken 5* you can only use 3 of them and 2 normal 4* or a limit broken 4* and 3*.
From my point of view this will give a lot of value to 4* heroes and may will give more diversity to the roosters.
But I don’t want to see defences of 5k strength. There will be an annoying gap for a long time in the game where the offenses can’t compete with the defence teams.

So at the moment absolutely no to this feature, but with some adeptions maybe yes.

2 Likes

We have just received some additional information about the Limit Breakers from the staff.

Here is the exact quote:

22 Likes

Yay communication from SG!

Interesting…won’t everyone just use the limit breakers on their best heroes rather than these older weaker heroes? Unless there is a different cost for older heroes, I don’t see this working out.
Regardless, I’m kinda okay with the limit breakers, especially if it comes with new content that is challenging. Although seems like you can have content without limit breakers/.

I like that they put a timeline in here. A year out seems like a long time since I’ve only been playing for 2 years, but a timeline is nice to hear.

I’ve wondered how many opportunities there will be to buy these. If there are none, the gap between f2p and p2p isn’t as widened here. I’m focusing on the words “primary guaranteed method” and whether that means we won’t be able to buy them. I like adding them to other sources. My only worry with tournaments is the ability to buy back, which is generally used by p2p, doesn’t really create much of a difference compared to a straight purchase.

Love that they recognize what will happen. I also key in on engaged players here. Maybe instead of widening the gap between f2p and p2p we should talk about the gap between casual and engaged players. Then again, both should exist so maybe we don’t need to talk about it.

Again, glad they’re thinking about consequences here.

This is a great communication from SG. It shows they’re thinking through consequences and planning out what the game will be like in the future.
As always, thanks for the share @PlayForFun! I always appreciate when you/Beta folks share what’s behind the curtain.

12 Likes

Since Tournaments are a way to get loot, For limit breaking, i would like to see an increase in Tournament loot. perhaps, refills, and more pulls for the loot. This is so everyone can have enough resources to access Limit Breaks more easily.

I get what they want to do, but thats not the way to do it. Why would anyone Limit Break Thorne if he can Limit Break Cobalt? Why Khagan if there is Garnet, BK, GM, or Elizabeth. Why Horghall if there is Heimdall, Frigg, or C. Kadilen? So unless they limit their use to S1 or maybe S2 heroes and older HOTMs then the same thing will happen that happened with emblems, everyone will want to make their most powerful heroes even more powerful so the lesser heroes remain on the bench still.

16 Likes

I’m glad that they are thinking at least to make them more accessible. Would be perfect if limit breakers were only for s1 or for example if team cost was higher for lvl 85 heroes.
Would also appreciate if limit items weren’t available for buying because we all know what it means.

3 Likes

I understood that you will power up your Khagans, Horghalls, Thornes if you have those (being f2p), and that will help you get through announced challenging events. However, if you have new shiny toys, you will power up them, of course. So, player VS player would definitely be more challenging with Cobalts and co. on steroids. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok. Understood. New genius idea for getting more money. What about promised QoL’s?

3 Likes

If this idea happens, please make the stat gains fixed not %, otherwise you just further increase the power gap.

@Petri

Ah, I’m more and more happy that I removed my accounts last week. Just came here to see if I have remorse but no!

8 Likes

So they absolutely know - there are a lot of older heroes which need some rebalance, but instead of making this free simple rebalance they want to release “limit breakers” which can be applied to absolutely ALL heroes in this game (not only older). Geniusly!!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

As usual, thanks for the info!

Cool. But it’s still a question of if this is a revenue feature or not. If they sell the limit breakers then it’s going to further increase the divide.

If they don’t, then my concerns about this largely disappear AND I’d actually get some faith in SGG again.

Semi-aside — if they’re going to sell them then just scrap this content and instead just use duplicates for limit breaking. Two birds, one stone.

So, to me, that sounds like it’s going to be a new random quest rather than a scheduled one. There’s some downsides to that, but if it means they’re revamping the random quests in general then that’s awesome.

5 Likes

Speaking of the random quests at 2 times per month and needing 3 cycles to max a 5*… Free to play is looking at 7-8 months to limit break, and another 5 months after for 2 more cycles. Doesn’t fit the ‘within a year’ time frame too well as currently designed.

Double these timelines if there is only 1 per month, remember each quest is only a single element.

Additional ability to convert dublicates into “limit breakers” (in AL or HA for example). In this way they can sell this content in parallel.

3 Likes

Cookie Settings