šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Additional Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

Vela initial damage is too strong, not to mention her -34 attk, and powerful DoT. My suggestion is to prolong vela DoT from 4 to 6 turns so her opponent have chance to recover.

1 Like

OMG. They are going to buff Vela :slight_smile:

They canā€™t ve serious. Whoā€™s briliant idea was that? How about to buff Finley and Jabberwock to make it all f***** u*.

7 Likes

Not direct damege is the problem with Telluria, -mana generation and heal is, minions and damege is nothing compare with heal and - mana generation

1 Like

Buff them both 300% for Telluria and -99% defense for Vela to all. :lollipop:

This is a good thing for me just makes me not spend for heros really sets my resolve

8 Likes

Isnā€™t it the other way around? Those with Vela flanking green tank will suffer as Vela lost its extrabdamage against fire.

On the other hand, people who only use Vela for offense like me will be happy.

4 Likes

Exactly, thatā€™s my point. Make her great at one thing and remove the other. If they want telluria to deal damage, then make her actually deal damage, if they want her to stall and heal, then make her really good at stalling and healing.

They need to pick what they want her to be.

Of course they will buff Vela, january enters in tavern, so few months later they will buff also telluria, SGG needs desperately money

2 Likes

This looks like something I could write. Really as long as we have a combination that works well to keep it in our defense, we will do it, and so will everyone else. Thatā€™s where the staleness comes from. The only change to GTV that would force me (and others I assume) to change my defense core would be to make that WAY weaker than the previous tank combos (Kunchens, Ursenas, Mitsukos etc). Otherwise, itā€™s just not worth the entire PAIN of re-embleming to see if whatever I can come up with can on average hold 50 trophies less or more. Thatā€™s the real problem to be addressed currently, and whether or not Telluria will deal 20 damage less to a hero is not going to have any impact. Why just not remove the dmg at all? Sheā€™d still remain strong utility and powerful tank hero.

As for Velaā€¦ Wars are RNG based anyway, and making Vela lower attack on all the elements actually made Tell + Vela even more difficult to get through on 6 attacks. As if we needed war attacks to be any more frustrating. I also donā€™t like how Vela is basically Zeline on steroids now. Too much overlap on their skills, with unjustified advantage on Velaā€™s side. I think they should keep the -attack to reds only, while remove the extra damage and replace it with increased dmg to all like they did.

Anyways, more frequent balance changes, whatever they are, can keep the game fresh and I will always back that up, even if I donā€™t like all of them.

8 Likes

This is wrong. Think about wars. As example I have routinely 28 teams with Telluria and/or Vela. Of course, doing 6 attacks against those teams I can only go with reds once, so my chances increased using my red team and decreased heavily while using the remaining 5ā€¦
I am a Vela owner, and this is a huge buff for both attack and defense (war defense)

2 Likes

We already have Zeline :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting idea to make Telly blueā€¦ that would also hurt people trying to use Finley as then 3 of 5 heroes in their defense team would be blue.

Just one problem with thisā€¦ SG would need to give everyone 6 tonics to make up for what was used in maxing Telly in the first place and they canā€™t even bring themselves to gift players with one measly 4* mat let alone 6.

3 Likes

For anyone struggling to understand what the card actually says:

Vela will now reduce the attack of any team you bring. Green, red, doesnā€™t matter.

We removed her extra damage to red, but donā€™t worry we buffed her damage to everyone to make up the difference.

So instead of +25% damage to red heroes, were just going to add a total of 20% extra damage to the whole team on the initial burst. Donā€™t worry that extra 20% is multiplicatively effected by Troops, and attack buffs, so now you can increase your damage to the entire enemy team even better than before :joy::joy::joy:

Wait guys I got it, this is a just a bad joke, any minute a SGG employee will jump in and say ā€œjust kidding, wouldnā€™t that stink! Hereā€™s 1,000 gems for everyone because we care about our players!ā€ Oh wait this is Empires and puzzles, the worst reality is reality :joy:

9 Likes

No it isnt, coz Vela getting more damage and mostly attack debuff for all enemies, for fast hero way too much.
So red team will have little easyer, tiny help.
While all other stacks will have it more harder.

Cant help myself - this is clear buff, and quite a big one.

Everyone, who lacks at reds, and used to go mono or 4-1 with any other than red setup, gonna get headache from this.

So no imho, this aint other way arround, this us clear buff for GTV.

3 Likes

It isnā€™t just 25%, it is 60% additional damage to red and 30% more DoT to red currently

2 Likes

Iā€™m fine with both changes.

Tbh Iā€™d advocate changing more of Telluria (and before anyone starts I have Telluria +12 and Vela +17 in my defence)

Itā€™s still too good and needs to be made so that in a war another colour of tank might be feasible.

We rarely ever fight anything but green tanks in the top 500 now. Top 100 is pure Green.

So letā€™s try and mix it up a bit

3 Likes

But will they still use green war tank? They can use other color with Vela flank.

Still, I canā€™t gain advantage using her in defense as that would put me without Ariel for the healer position.

meme

Telluriaā€™s direct dmg reduction is hilarious. Just leave 'em be!

Vela seems almost like a buff. Now more of a reason to use a red stack against Telluria- Vela teams. There could potentially be better flanks to Telluria than Vela if extra dmg to fire is removed.

Now Vela is super strong! Initially protecting green, now higher attack to all enemies and reduce attack from all enemies, protecting her entire team at fast mana, not to mention the 10% critical for 6 turnsā€¦:thinking:

Thought this TV issue had been laid to rest with the last version,ā€¦why canā€™t the dev focus on new heroes that would carefully shift the meta from GTV without OP issues and avoid this back and forth iteration processes on TV even if it will take another 3-4 months planā€¦the same effort and energy would be reguired. Imo, the more this keep showing up, the more itā€™s showing some ineptitudes in their products management.

4 Likes

I suggest everyone that is unhappy with the Vela buff send an email to Game Support expressing your feelings. This may result in the players getting SGs attention. I hope THIS doesnā€™t breach the guidelines.

7 Likes