šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Additional Telluria & Vela Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on the balance changes to TELLURIA & VELA ONLY.

For information on ALL OTHER hero balance updates, please see: šŸ§Ŗ Early Information on Hero Balance Updates [Part of The Beta Beat v31]

Special Note about hero-balance Forum Tag

This thread is tagged with hero-balance, allowing Forum members to choose to increase or decrease their visibility of this and similar threads.

For more information, please see: šŸ”” Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

Donā€™t get too attached

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, donā€™t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

Itā€™s incredibly common that features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldnā€™t get too attached to any of this ā€” itā€™s not unheard of for entire portions of features to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to functionality to be made.

Beta V30 Balance Change Summary

Telluria Changes in V30 Beta Testing
Stat Updated to Game Beta v5 Beta v4 Beta v3 Beta v2 Beta v1 Original Release
Mana Generation reduction -24% -24% Removed -24% -24% -24% -34%
ā€¦for X turns 2 2 Removed 3 3 3 3
Inherited Minion HP 13% 13% 13% 13% 13% 13% 18%
HP Regenerated 306 306 411 411 411 243 411
ā€¦over X turns 2 2 3 3 3 3 3
Vela Changes in V30 Beta Testing
Stat Beta v5 Beta v4 Beta v3 Beta v2 Beta v1 Original Release
Extra Damage Against Fire Reduced (same as v3) Reduced (same as v3) Reduced Removed Removed Included
Fire Attack Reduction -34% -34% -34% -54% -54% -54%

Notes & Reasoning!

A change from previous balance changes this time round is that SGG have included some short reasoning behind WHY the balance change is being considered.

I have included this rational with each listed balance change.

Version 31 Balance Changes

Staff explanation about Why Vela!

Beat Build 3 (19 Aug 2020):

Vela: Direct Damage increased from 150% to 170%. All Fire enemies get -34% attack for 4 turns changed to All enemies get -34% attack for 4 turns. Deals extra damage against Fire removed.

Telluria: Direct Damage reduced from 130% to 115%.

Beta Build 3 (21 Aug, 2020)

Vela: All effects changed from ā€œall enemiesā€ to ā€œTarget and nearbyā€. Direct Damage increased from 170% ā†’ 180%

Beta Build 3 - 22 August, 2020

Beta Build 3 - 24 August, 2020

Vela:

• All effects changed back to ā€œall enemiesā€
  • Direct Damage reduced to 110%
  • Water damage reduced to from 208 damage over 4 turns to 156 damage over 3 turns (same damage per turn, 1 turn less)
  • Attack Debuff reduced from 4 ā†’ 3 turns

Full Descriptions

Changes are noted as old and new.

Telluria Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 613
Defense: 832
HP: 1425

Class: Paladin
Resist: Minion Removal ā€“ The Hero has an innate ability to resist Minion removal.
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Average

Special Skill: Force of Forest

• Deals 130% damage to all enemies.
  • Summons a Forest Familiar Minion for all allies with 13% HP & 13% Attack, inherited from the caster
  • All Allies regenerate 306 HP over 2 turns
  • All Enemies get -24% mana generation for 2 turns
  • Elemental Link gives all Nature allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled.

Vela Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 743
Defense: 729
HP: 1303

Class: Druid
Resist: Minion Effects ā€“ The Hero has an innate ability to resist incoming negative effects and damage from Minions.
Element: Ice/Blue

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Aquatic Outbreak

• Deals 150% 110% Damage to All Enemies
  • All nemies receive 208 156 Water damage over 4 3 turns
  • All Fire Enemies get -34% attack for 4 3 turns
  • Deals extra damage against Fire
  • Elemental Link gives all Ice allies +10% critical chance for 6 turns. This effect canā€™t be dispelled

For a full list of items currently in Beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see:

Full history of Balance Changes (Buffs/ Nerfs): Hero Buff & Nerf Balance Change History - (See Post #2) - #2 by jinbatsu

For V30 Beta Balance Changes see here: šŸ§Ŗ The Beta Beat (v30) ā€“ Hero Balance Updates; Updated Alchemy Lab; Hero Academy; Updated Sand Empire Seasonal Event; Updated Path of Valor; New Season 3 Heroes; Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep HOTM ā€“ Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta

26 Likes

Good changes here. Telly will be very slightly less debilitating on her own, and Vela wonā€™t support her directly vs red. Vela getting -attack vs all enemies is actually a bit of a buff in my opinionā€¦

Glad to see more balancing, hopefully weā€™ll start seeing non-GTV teams more often in high diamond.

16 Likes

Interesting that we are still nerfing Tell even though sheā€™s not even in the top 5 of SGā€™s raid index: All New Raid Index with Updated Heroes šŸ† August 2020

Meanwhile, Finley still crushing everyone with an elemental linkā€¦

33 Likes

90 Likes

@TigerDevil Iā€™m not sure what SG looks at when they put those lists together, but all you have to do to see the continued prevalence of Telluria is hit ā€˜rerollā€™ about 50 times above 2600 cups. 80% Telly, at least.

That list also doesnā€™t include Seshat, Drake Fong, or Gravemakerā€¦ Did they use a GTV filter and compile everyone ELSES teams?

8 Likes

Deeply dissatisfying! I am more than happy to see they try to buff a bit completely useless heroes, but when I realized theyā€™re buffing Vela and calling it a nerf. :woozy_face: Iā€™d like to say something funny, but just nope.
Regarding Telluria 15% dmg reduction? Exactly thatā€™s been the problem!

16 Likes

I donā€™t think they need to focus any more on this whole ā€œMake GTV go away!ā€ circumstance. Like everything that came before, itā€™s only temporary as newer and better heroes come out to break the mold again and again. Itā€™s just a matter of timeā€¦ patience people.

The top 100 will always mimic each otherā€™s teams no matter what you do with the heroes. They just need to make newer heroes that have just as good synergy as GTV but differing in color and ability to bring back the variety. Yes I know, easier said than done, but arenā€™t the players and the game worth this effort?

Frankly, another thing that killed variety is emblems. I have a love hate relationship with them. Itā€™s nice to improve the maxed out 5* heroes, but as many emblems as it takes I can no longer enjoy my variety of 5* hero combinations since it would require a butt load of work to remove a million emblems from one hero to put on another just because I want to try a new one. This is the REAL reason defense teams among top 100 arenā€™t changingā€¦ donā€™t patronize me with a measly 20 emblems of each type as a recompense either when you mess with heroes I worked so hard to max out and canā€™t easily switch out when others come along since emblems take so much work. Gone are the days you can just easily switch heroes around in your defense team when E&P decides they want to ā€œbalanceā€ heroes youā€™re currently using. This is what upsets me most.

Also, if youā€™re going to keep ā€œbalancingā€ heroes then for the love of God stop acting like Finley doesnā€™t need ā€œbalancingā€ too!!

45 Likes

Nerfing Telluria again is a very, very bad ideaā€¦

34 Likes

This! In theory, itā€™s great to have more powerful heroes, but emblems make it very difficult to try out new things. The gap between emblemed heroes and non-emblemed heroes can be quite large. I have great heroes (like Killhare) that I never use because I donā€™t have emblems for them, and using them without emblems would be too much of a downgrade. I havenā€™t even bothered to level my Clarissa because she wonā€™t get emblems until 2024.

27 Likes

Itā€™s outrageous! All changes to heroes for the worse after their release are cheating the players. With worse parameters, I probably would not have spent my money and caught these heroes at all, and even more so, I would not have spent resources on their full pumping! These post-release character degradations are NOT ACCEPTABLE !

25 Likes

As I only use Vela for attacking purpose, this change benefit me.

8 Likes

Seems like a good change. Their will be a need for some more cleansers when attacking with Vela being for all now.

But the list of top 5 shows you that telluria isnā€™t actually winning raid defense The most. In other words, she might be popular but she is in no Way the most successful winning hero in the game.

@topic please just remove all of telluria damage to everyone and return her heal, mana generation reduction, and health of her minions. Honestly it would be better to have her heal 500 over 3 turns, reduce mana by 34% and have her give minions that added 20% hp, but had no attack.

7 Likes

So now you made me angry, Vela without extra damage to the red ??? But he is a hero on the red titan :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Cant help myself, but this looks like tiny Telly nerf, so players which dont have Vela aswell, wont like it. But the nerf is really small.
Huge Vela buff, no doubt, and in the end buff for whole crazy GTV setup.

Let the endless reroll continuesā€¦

What is the point of making GTV even stronger?

5 Likes

I want this to be the case, but Telly has reigned supreme since she showed up. No other ā€˜dominantā€™ tank ever took up 90% of upper diamondā€¦

Even after the first rebalance, usage only dropped to 80%ā€¦ still far higher than GM, Guin, Kunchenā€¦combinedā€¦

4 Likes

Yes yes yes! Vela has always been the problem in this equation, and now you guys have made her strong against everyone, not just redšŸ˜‚

16 Likes

No tank in that top 5.

3 Likes

Definitely a buff for Vela :roll_eyes: A fast hero with ā€œAll enemies get -34% attack for 4 turnsā€
This is a bit too much :roll_eyes:

19 Likes

Telly wins SO much that sheā€™s 80% of high diamond. Alliances almost exclusively run green tanks because of her. Other heroes (Vela) get nerfed because of her.

The ā€˜top heroes in raidsā€™ that SG provided doesnā€™t seem right at all.

5 Likes