E&P Memes and Captions šŸ˜… - Inspired by Yorick and Coppersky

Iā€™m only a few years behind you. They call it ā€œmiddle agedā€, but if I look at the average life expectancies, Iā€™m officially more than halfway done with my life. Which is fine, because the first half of my life was filled with a lot of hardship. Itā€™s crazy that Iā€™m probably happier now than I ever have been.

Luckily I still have most of my hairā€¦ itā€™s less brown and more salt and pepper these days, but Iā€™m not complaining. Waiting for it to go all white, then I can gain a hundred pounds or so and make a living playing Santa Claus.

5 Likes

Well, Iā€™m already working on the hundred pounds. Seems like every time someone around me loses weight I find it.

And my hair up and left me like a dog in a 70s country song. Too many years wearing a hard hat I guess. Oh well, Iā€™ve had my share of hardships, but I can say that my good memories outnumber the bad ones.

Interestingly enough, this is the first forum I have ever joined. And while the complaining tends to get a little tedious at times, I am enjoying the camaraderie from those such as yourself, @Math4lyfe, @Sarah2, @Rigs, and countless others. Iā€™m still enjoying the game, and the forums make it that much better :grin:

10 Likes

Lmao. My name in the same sentence as @Rigsā€¦ thatā€™s a new one. :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Wow! This thread provides one of my morning dose of laughs. And I most definitely was not expecting such words in this thread. Those are some wise words, right there. :pray:

@JonahTheBard - can we have a thread dedicated to sharing of such pearls of wisdom? There are lots of people with tons of experience on this forum. Itā€™s good to save such words rather than let them be lost in the flood of posts. I donā€™t know what interesting thread topic could unify all such discussionsā€¦ may be Pearls of Wisdom.. :stuck_out_tongue: Just throwing the idea out thereā€¦ (and donā€™t mean to derail this thread. :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

12 Likes

You can try this one, dude. Some are silly, some of poignant and some have a grain of truth :thinking:

6 Likes

Thank you, @JonahTheBard!! :smiley:

3 Likes

When you started VS when you get hooked:

Players today

12 Likes

When you try to one-shot the toughest war opponent, and end up scoring zero points.

28 Likes

TOL 3 Star 1

TOL 3 Star 3

31 Likes

9 Likes

Danzaburo the shape shifter

Danzaburo Freeze

12 Likes

Reposting this here from a private thread as a temporary (final decision still pending) ā€œgoodbye threadā€ placeholder.

Iā€™m not really sure what else to say anymore. Not sure I ever had any business being here in the first place.

Tired of trying to argue my point of view, only to have it fall on deaf ears and be drowned out by praise and incessant bragging from those who have somehow managed to defy the absurdly low odds in this game.

As it turns out: I just have :poop: luck. So my opinion is only really relevant to or appreciated by others who have equally :poop: luck.

At one time, I thought that was the majority of us. Or, at the very least, a relatively significant portion of the minority.

Sadlyā€¦ even if my own experiences do in fact mirror the reality for most of us? There are too few who are vocal enough to say so. Instead, I am constantly reminded over and over again that, if I am unable to pull all of the best heroes, it is not because the game has made them nearly impossible to obtain for lower spendersā€¦ but rather, that I just suck at the game.

And thusā€¦ I temporarily bid you all adieu.

17 Likes

Well Iā€™m very sad to see it @TGW, and I do hope itā€™s just a break. I know Iā€™m not the only one around here that values your opinions and appreciates your voice of the casual player.

fwiw, thereā€™s no way a player whoā€™s played as long as you have can simply ā€œsuck at the gameā€. This game is not that difficult. The RNG is brutal and thereā€™s no other way to put it. Iā€™ve tried to accept it as feast or famine. With layers on layers of RNG I think sometimes the math just starts to eat itself; and when anything useful is buried beneath multitudes of self-defeating calculations, the result is either gold or dogsh!t with hardly any in-between.

And remember too that anything that does fall in-between probably never makes it to the forum. People are just more prone to sharing exceptionally good or exceptionally bad experiences. Itā€™s got nothing to do with you or the microcosm of this community - which I suspect might not be extremely representative of the wider player base anyway.

I hope you enjoy your break, itā€™s done a lot of good for a lot of us, me included. It feels good to break the cycle with a reset once in a while. Take care, see you soon.

This oneā€™s for you :beers:

11 Likes

17 Likes

instead of trying to come up with something to say, Iā€™ll just add that I agree 10000%

for you @TGW @Disposable

7 Likes

Why reading the summoning odds is importantā€¦

12 Likes

Hi @TGW, I respect you as a poster and I canā€™t recall any instances where anyone else who I respect as a poster has ever shown they think otherwise of you. I hope that means something to you.

In some ways, I donā€™t think that really matters; if youā€™re frustrated and donā€™t want to play, donā€™t. We have said goodbye to many people lately and it sucks. But that doesnā€™t make it NOT the right thing. You know whatā€™s best for you, as did all the people who have left.

One thought on summoning luck: keep in mind that we have selection bias here. Not just in terms of who posts, but also in who is still playing the game. I have no data to back this up, but I would not be surprised if players who have an early run of good luck within the first few months of the game are much more likely to still be playing, say 6 months, a year from that time. If you had poor luck initially but persisted, then I suspect you in a unique minority group.

12 Likes

11 Likes

Sad to see you leave, @TGW I hope you remain on the forum. You are a great guy, (unless you are a girl? :thinking: ) point being is i respect you a lot. Ever thought of starting over? I have a few alts, and at first, my alts were pulling better heroes than my main! My main has 1 5*. I have an alt with 2 5* and 2 4*! Come on! I would love to have my Isarnia and Azlar in MY main. My point isnā€™t to belittle or brag, but to say that maybe a new acct for you would make you blossom. Food for thought. Yol Bulsan my friend

4 Likes