E$P Community “Walk-out” Protest

Yes you are correct SG is a business. And if a business decides to ignore their clients they will quickly have no business. It is a give and take. If they want us to keep taking they need to give some. What we as the community are asking for it not a lot. If you know business at all you know to isolate customers is a death sentence to any business.

3 Likes

Well it’s nice to see we can’t criticize the “cause” or point out the consequences of the actions taken.

It also can’t be anyone here because we’d never do that. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You are absolutely free to criticize whatever you like, so long as you follow the forum rules. Someone telling you not to really doesn’t mean anything. (Obviously.) :wink:

And since you’re just guessing at who it was I want to play too! It’s just as likely that it was you. All part of your master plan muahahahahaha :smirk_cat:
No? A little silly, isn’t it?

Feel free to share whatever your heart would like. We’re going to continue doing what we feel is best. And the world will go on spinning.

Thank you for participating! An active forum is good for the game. Good fortune to you, in life and in the portals!

#NoSpend

3 Likes

Not sure what you’re on about, I keep getting flagged for innocuous stuff too. It’s their forum rules not ours. But thanks for bringing it to our attention. We have asked our members to refrain from such activities.

2 Likes

I think you are missing a few very important points:

1. Yes SG is a business, they have the right to earn money, as much money as their customers are willing to pay! But no business is allowed to mislead their customers. Even if the action is barely legal, they would loose their paying customers at the end. This motion is an indicator for this.

2. Most players start this game as f2p, starting to buy later after having had some success and starting to be more competitive. Squeezing out ftp will drain the path to broaden the playerbase or at least substitute retiering players with new ones. That would be very bad for the longevity of this game.

3. Many players have phases where they spend some, then refraining from it and a few months later spend again. If you squeeze out non spenders, the playerbase will shrink soon. If this happens many top spendery will leave too. If you are paying 15-20k to have a chance to be at the top, you want to lead hundreds of thousands of players, maybe millions. If you are leading only a few thousands it might not be worth for them to spend that big.
    If there are only a few thousands players, even if they pay a lot, advertisements will have no value because they are seen by to few.

This motion is not spearheaded by a few f2p who want everything for free!
It was created and got the support of many top100 alliances and their players. Even many of the really big spenders are fed up with this cycle of releasing op heroes to chase that will nerfed later only to release the next op hero.

You may not agree, thats your right. Voice your concerns, but please respect those players who fight for a better gaming experience for us all.

Happy gaming

16 Likes

Indeed, I’ve seen the leadership (personified by @Datootfary ) and others be very, very clear many times that this movement is NOT about shaming.

Heck, it’s even in the details of the movement, I quote

just sharing it here in case anyone gets the idea that the movement is encouraging shaming. The movement is NOT, as evidenced by the post linked above.

10 Likes

Ганьба розробникам цієї гри.

1 Like

If we band together and support this together, we will be successful in bringing much needed change to a game that we love.
No Alliance Left Behind.

#NoSpend

7 Likes

Розробникам цієї гри ганьба. Вони все роблять щоб ми гравці не показували критику проти них. Ми не рахуєм їхні гроші но за наші гроші ми повинні мати повагу

2 Likes

Might not be fun for you. That’s very subjective.

1 Like

Here is the compilation video of the banners supporting #NoSpend to date

Thank you to everyone who supports us!

13 Likes

Is it possible to edit the title of the video into something more unique and easily searchable?

Would be awesome if this can be easily shared to those not in this forum - so a unique name will help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There you go. Still scared to fart but supporting the cause

6 Likes

@Heyalexa can we post the individual screenshots in a thread? I know we can’t make them searchable but we might ge able to make it easier to read

:joy::grin::joy::grin::joy::grin::joy::grin::joy::grin::joy::grin::joy::grin::joy::joy::grin:I told them when they did the Nerf to kalø and M&M, nobody supports me now everything is destruction in the game. they will never listen to the players that’s why team korea withdrew.

2 Likes

Respectively…

1. Barely legal is still legal.
  2. This game is a cash cow. You nurse a cash cow for as long as you can. Thats basic marketing, and the people that created and bought SG know that. BTW… you don’t make millions by not knowing how to do this, and this game makes millions.
  3. And yet we’re all still here and the game rolls on.

I mean no disrespect to anyone but there are many arguments here that reflect more frustration than anything. Call “the cause” whatever you want - passion, defender of the downtrodden, protector of the ideal - it all comes down to the same thing: the money players will keep playing and they are the ones that actually keep this game running. For that, you should be grateful because, if they didn’t keep the game running, your decision to play or not to play will be made for you.

1 Like

The “money players” are everyone who spends money. Anyone not F2P is a money player. Of course there are degrees.

If SG have 1000 whales spending £1000 per month, they make 12 million per year.

If they have 100’000 casual spenders who spend £10 per month, they make 12 million per year.

I have no way to know the actual ratio of spenders, large or small. My point is only that large amounts of small sales really add up, and the longer a #nospend movement continues, the more it damages the bottom line for SG. It isnt a futile protest if people stick to it.

There is a relatively simple solution to avoiding damage to the bottom line. Just engage with the discussion instead of ploughing on regardless.

9 Likes

Wow!

I knew it was big, but seeing the snowball gives me real hope that SGG changes before they go bankrupt.

Well done! That video was incredible!

1 Like

I respect your opinion and i will try to leave it at this:
If you spent money to gain a single customer, would you rather that customer spend what you paid to acquire that customer or would you rather that customer spend 10x what you paid to acquire that customer?
This is easy math, my friends. It’s sound business practice. Love your passion, all of you. Just… think on that question. The answer is why this protest will likely never have the legs it needs. It’s not a win-win solution. If you win, the business loses. Whereas you feel that if the business continues as is (wins), you lose.
Truly, in either scenario, you will need to find another game.

1 Like

Your arguments have two faults:
1st about product developement:
If a company can invest 5 Billion $ to build a new car, what is the best customer target group?
Devellop something like a Bugatty Veyron for the few multi millionaires, or something like an ID.3 selling it to millions of average customers? (Both are from Volkswagen group)

Put the production facilities away, because the analogy ends here, digital products can easily multiplied, the mass approach gives much more revenue. So SG would do better acquiering 50k vcp than 5 big spenders, personally I find the term „whale“ derogatory.

2nd if this motion wins, and the business looses,
SG/Zynga will be far away from bancrupcy, it will put a dent in their revenue, that is the intention!
If they listen to their beta testers and start a decent communication channel to the playerbase the spending will resume, and the revenues will go up. Maybe the game will improve and attract more players giving even better revenue? That would be a win-win situation.
No business can thrive without fulfilling the customers (players) needs. Ignore big parts of your customers long enough and you are out of business. Does someone remember Nokia, in the early 2000-years they were the biggest manufacturer of mobile phones, building and selling many millions. All gone because they did not fulfill the costumers demands for smarter phones.
They were from Finland too, hopefully no coincident.

Happy gaming

8 Likes