Dupe heroes and new class mechanic

Yes. I believe so. 10 classes. Just double checked.

2 Likes

With some people just having done a bunch of summonses with the gems theyā€™ve accumulated over December, I think itā€™s fair to push a little more beta detail out to answer the OP.

Fully maxed heroes (max ascension, max level, max special) can advance up a Talent Tree specific to that heroā€™s Class. The Class of each hero is fixed and constant, e.g. each Berden is a Ranger. To advance a hero up the Talent Tree, you need Emblems specific to that Class, e.g. Berden is advanced using Ranger Emblems. Higher-tier heroes need more Emblems per step up the Talent Tree than lower tier, e.g. Legendary heroes need more than Rare heroes.

Emblems drop as loot in the same places as youā€™d see rare ascension materials. There are also special Class Quests with three stages that award Emblems as loot at each stage. Each Class Quest is for two specific Classes, e.g. Wizards & Sorcerers. You can only use heroes in those two classes to complete the quest, and you are awarded emblems for those two classes upon completion of each stage.

Suppose you have 30 war-ready heroes. If it happens that these are all perfectly distributed among the 10 Classes (so, three heroes in each Class), then youā€™re all set: for each Class Quest youā€™ll have six war-ready heroes available, but you only need five.

The problem arises, though, if it turns out that the distribution of your war heroes among classes isnā€™t balanced. Thereā€™s no reason to think they would be. The top 30 heroes on my alt (which includes 2 maxed 3* who I often bring to war) are distributed as:

• Rogue: 6
  • Cleric, Fighter, Paladin: 4
  • Barbarian: 3
  • Druid, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard: 2
  • Monk: 1

So you can see that in a hypothetical Sorcerer/Wizard Class Quest, Iā€™ve only got 4 decent heroes available. A Monk/Druid quest is even worse, with only 3 available. Fortunately Iā€™ve got a little more depth in my 3* that helps fill in those gaps, but if someone has pared their roster down to the bare minimum for wars, they could find themselves scrambling when classes are released to back-fill some Classes.

On the other hand, itā€™s not the end of the world if you canā€™t complete all three stages of a Class Quest. Itā€™s not like the Rare Quests, where you get the Farsight Telescope or you donā€™t. You get more Emblems for completing all stages, but you get some at each stage. The Emblems at the last stage are the same Emblems as the first stage, only more of them.

I hope this helps!

36 Likes

Thank you so much for this info Kerridoc. Iā€™ve been eating all dups except the best heroes in the game and healers (wilbur, wu kong, grimm, proteus, etc.) for war depth. Iā€™ll be keeping more around starting now until we know more about which heroes are in which classes.

1 Like

Had to top my info. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Thank you, and happy new year.

Thank you, this is very helpful

Thank you so much for your insight into new developments in beta.

Do you think thereā€™s any way that those of us not in beta could get a list of which heroes currently belong to which classes, with the understanding that they are subject to change?

I feel that beta testers have a very large informational advantage right now, particularly as it pertains to knowing which heroes to level up in advance of the new quests.

I fear that many of us may be in the same boat as you are right now, with imbalanced rosters that leave us unable to participate in certain quests. A little advance notice would allow us to level up heroes in neglected classes in the weeks or months left before the change goes into effect.

2 Likes

Thnx thisnl clears a lot!
And I think makes a picture for everyone to understand a bit better what is coming to them.

Iā€™m reluctant to give out a hero-class list because it has been very changeable. Between the first and second version, over 50 heroes changed class; another big group changed between the second and third. More may change in the next iteration. Honestly, I havenā€™t taken any action on my productions accounts in response to this class system yet because of this high level of uncertainty.

I have given a lot of thought to what this means for the gameā€™s meta and for my alliancesā€™ use of emblems. A few of those:

• Guinā€™s days as top tank are numbered. Not only are the purple heroes coming after her, but she shares a class with several other great heroes, many of whom are more generally versatile than Guin.
  • alliances will need to discuss whether wars or titans are top priority. The heroes I use as a war defense are not my core titan hitters. When there is an overlap in classes, who gets the first emblems?
  • a 5+20 hero,is effectively a 6*; likewise, a 4+20 is effectively a 5*. As defensive squads get powered up, 4+0 heroes will become far less useful than they are today. For the same reason, a color stack of untalented heroes will be less overwhelming.
  • if SGG makes lots of emblems available for purchase, the game balance between spenders and non/low-spenders will go sideways fast.
16 Likes

So the token drop rate will be a critical factor, if they are somewhat plentiful weā€™ll use them on 4* heroes w/the risk that the best 5* rosters will risk becoming OP, if tokens are like hens teeth then only the core strongest heroes will receive token and the solid but unspectacular 4* heroes become todayā€™s 3* heroes and todayā€™s 3*ā€¦wellā€¦ :cry:

Is this something we should expect to be released in the next couple of months or closer to summer?

At the very least this will make it interesting to figure out if old favorites remain favorites or if a dusty hero is now a star in the making.

1 Like

To me wars will come first: winning against players gives more joy than smashing titans.
I think that weā€™ll see a massive arms race for warā€™s defenses while attacking heroes will come last, after titanā€™s teams.

This could be different for plaers who would compete on events where theyā€™ll empower their eventā€™s heroes first.

1 Like

No bard!!??!?

Literally unplayable!!

(ā•ÆĀ°ā–”Ā°ļ¼‰ā•Æļøµ ā”»ā”ā”»

3 Likes

i would assume earlier than later as there are lots of new features on hold for 2019 and classes are the only one currently featured in beta and man, it changes everything as @Kerridoc has hinted.
Players are gonna heve to plan ahead their bench development as some great heroes are in the same class and you ainā€™t gonna have emblems for them all.
big changes are coming to top 100 defense

1 Like

What about multiclass characters? And how about increasing my saving throws. My thaco sucks too.

1 Like

My god, I donā€™t want to see a BardLock of Lore even here :sweat:

1 Like

So far, no Multiclass characters. :slight_smile:

What if his name was Jonah the Bardlock?

1 Like

Richard shown seems to have 2 paths available

D:

I guess it would be excused :thinking:
We could even need more @JonahTheBard :grin:

But maybe he is a lock that goes by the name ā€œbardā€, as a certain texas Ranger that is a Monk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I will say Iā€™ve noticed since becoming more active on the forum that there is a divide between beta and non-beta. In that many non-beta perceive beta members as having, at the very least, an advantage based on knowledge available. I have mixed thoughts as to whether that knowledge is truly a large advantage for the limited time its available in beta before its released into the meta. But I see this becoming a large debate once classes are released. Possibly SG could save themselves some headache and before the release, once classes are set for the most part, (Iā€™m sure they may change again even after release as beta cannot catch all inadequacies as a larger pool of players can) they could patch an update of the cards with the new class emblems. I believe even a month or so before released would appease many of those who will undoubtedly seek to complain of a perceived beta advantage. Just my 2Ā¢. :blush:

8 Likes