Dropping from Diamond Arena to Silver to have fun Raiding with 3*

Then set a 1x 3* 3.50 - center - and 4x 3* 1.1 defense to drop lower for free ( no raid energy, no food ).

2 Likes

Dropping cups is a passive action. You can still win all your attacks and drop a league a day if you set your def team right

1 Like

New challenge:
Fastest drop from top100
into bronze arena…

7 Likes

Do you think that’ll make a difference?

It’s lost 100% of the time as it is.

1 Like

I did try this I set a 3* defence ages ago as I like 3* to play with it lasted a about 2 weeks as either, I easy won or lost badly wasn’t much middle ground as people put what they want for defence not just 3*. Woukd be cool to set a 3* 4* 5* defence teams and you can raid what ever is in that percific tier

1 Like

This sounds like fun. I’ve gotten bored with the mid-to-high end of Plat, and haven’t noticed much of a difference in loot with the raid chest in plat compared to gold… may just see what I can put up for a decent silver/gold-level defense, and see how much I can drop in a 24-hour timespan.

1 Like

I have tried this with my alt. Go down to 0 cup then put on defence a rainbow new 3* level 1.0 and slowly up them. Of course my attack team was the same rainbow, my goal was to obtain a new 3* team but it was fun :slight_smile: there is a limit when raids became impossible to win, i have to replace 3* with 4* one by one…

2 Likes

Assuming you lose 25 cups on average per flee, that’s 150 cups per raid flask. So only need about 12-15 flasks depending on where you are in diamond. Could actually be done in minutes lol.

Problem with gold is there’s a huge TP differential between low and high gold. Low gold (<1300 cups) you’ll be hard pressed to find anything higher than a +3 4* and 2/60 5*, whereas high gold (>1700 cups) you can expect +8 across the board at least, with maybe even one 4/80 5* thrown in. (I raid in low plat, occasionally drop down to high gold when I get tired of facing 4200 teams even at 1900 cups)

3 Likes

I any other game I would say, no.

But we know Alliance war, and tournaments, use might based matchmaking.

So who the heck knows.

It cannot hurt.

really strong, emblemed 3* heroes with leveled 4* troops might level out by being matched with 4/5* mixed lineups of new players…

I’m not sure how many new players build out good 3* teams.

2 Likes

I’ve been using this as my war defense team

Both of my 5* greens are lianna, so to avoid having a bad tank while the rest of my alliance has good tanks, I went to 3* out of spite three wars ago and surprisingly, I have yet to see my team one shot killed the first go. Its doing really well lol

3 Likes

@CoreyOfTheIsland, I think it is not good idea for war defense, because your opponent have much higher defense TP, because of matchmaching score based on best 30 heroes, and you put not the best defense. It is free war flag for new member, although they are hard to defeat your defense, but that’s only effect for new member. The point is your alliance base defense TP is minus one which is should be on 4k TP (assuming).

3 Likes

you would think, but in a live environment, the team has been out performing my lianna tank war teams, which get one shot wiped out every time, no question.

a lot of results from the live testing, are often counter intuitive. I think people are using their weakest lineups against my team assuming a win, and then getting shocked by the outcome.

6 Likes

Elo

Do not click @zephyr1

edit:

Yeah, this was a path I was trying to very hard to avoid. Stupid wandering mind-feet.

This is interesting.

If SGG was using Elo’s math, a very large portion of active players should fall between 1300 to 1700 trophies with the most active players at 1500.

But, MMO use a modified version ( because Elo’s math is just that useful) so it would be interesting to see how costumes, emblems, troops and HotM have effected the distribution.

Given Elo rating deflation, availability of 3* / 4* ascension items, availability of 4* / 5* / HotM, basic/ advanced color stacking, I would actually think finding clumps of 4* defenses would be easier than clumps of 3* defenses.

While 3*+20 defenses should be incredibly rare except for 3* tournaments.

Hmm. Defense teams got complicated.

([Stats, Curves] 5*+20, attack stat soft cap, general game design soft cap, hard cap and overwriting buffs [Math])

Reality

Reality, even in a fictional video game, keeps mucking with my delusions.

Alliance teammates

Too bad we cannot fight alliance teammates, or players on a friends list.

([Implemented -- V35] Practice Battles or Raids Against Teammates in Alliance [MASTER])

or even pick our tournaments

(Increase emblem drops or 1x Free and 1x 75g Tourney or Run five tourneys- 5* to 1*- EVERY week or still bitter about 1*+20 heroes)

House rules

I am beginning to see why different Minecraft servers were insanely popular.

Play an MMO with friends BUT change the annoying parts and switch servers/ house rules as your play style evolves.

I wonder what it would take to make a hybrid of Empires/ early Minecraft popular and profitable.

Notes

FIN

1 Like

OMG.

This is an awesome trap team. Opponents do not want to “waste” a 5*, or 4*+18, team on it, but it is very nasty for a 3* team.

Well played.

Very well played.

3 Likes

I honestly think this game being 3 years old has caused significant power creep across the board in all arenas. To even hold at around 1500 cups, you’ll need a 3500 team (or a team of maxed 4*), and if you want to hold even just 1800 cups, a 3900 team is needed. (mix of heavily emblemed 4* and 5* somewhere around 4/40). I kid you not when I say I’ve seen 4200 teams at 1900 cups, though granted they might either be “diamond rejects” or got tired of raiding in diamond and dropped down for an easier time.

Also, I remember when I first made my push into low gold after just 3 weeks of playing. Well that was a huge mistake since all my 4*s were at 3/60, but I was already facing 3200+ teams lol.

Or maybe my defense just sucks, entirely possible. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Unlike raids, war is limited to 1x use per hero.

Would you waste a Gravemaker 5*+20 on this team?

And as we are finding out, very hard to practice against this tactic if your alliance is running 5* war defense teams.

It is actually a brilliant use of niche tactic.

I encourage @CoreyOfTheIsland to start a topic about this.

Maybe @Guvnor would be interested.

1 Like

That strategy is valid for low or mid alliances i think but i dont see it clear if you face an alliance with 240k of power struggling against a 3* war def team.(most than anything because all the war teams at that point should be above 3600TP). So its more probably that someone who has a limited roster sruggle against that def than someone that has plenty options available

Anyways if it works for you thats valid enough

1 Like

It has been discussed before the putting up of a “dummy” defence team in Alliance Wars.

The intended benefit is:

1. forces opponent to “waste” a flag for very few points
  2. Skews more points towards the “harder” teams as a portion of the points are distributed based on team HP

Whether those benefits actually occur in reality I am not so sure… We (the horde) faced it just recently…

Personally I didn’t see any real impact on the overall scoring as a result of this “tactic”… Teams that were harder still ended up being killed in one or two hits (three at the worst) but that would have been the same anyways… so no real change in points there…

It was an annoyance to “waste” a flag but for us, it was a guaranteed kill every time… so free points really.

Edit for link:

3 Likes

This is very likely what’s happening. Either they are underestimating and you are stealing a flag use from them, or they aren’t really underestimating you, but get a crappy board, and lose.

We had a guy putting up a 1* defense team, and that’s clearly a one shot. A 3* defense team that has some decent synergy could catch somebody napping, so good work there.

3 Likes