Drifters in our alliance – Does this happen to anyone else, or know why someone would keep on doing this?

So a random player has been popping into our alliance then popping right back out everyday now for about 4-5 days straight. Their name is [removed by moderator]. Does this happen to anyone else, or know why someone would keep on doing this? The only reason I can think of is they are seriously confused on which alliance to stick with. We have also seen a few people join for a a couple days before splitting.

Edit:
We are looking for new members, and choose to keep our alliance open, as that is how most of us found it. At times we have put restrictions, but that didn’t yield any better results for getting new members. This drifter popping in and out isn’t too annoying at the moment, unless they are fishing for something that was mentioned below, like rare titans.

Hi @Bobjohnson

1. Do you have a trophy requirement set? Maybe change it to prevent “drifters” from popping in and out?
  2. Is your alliance set to “open”? Try and set to “Invite only” if you do not want people “popping in” now and then.

Unless you are looking for new members, which your post does not specify, the above would possibly help you with the issue you have.

If you are looking for new players, then a restriction of the above methods would also deter players wasting your time, set restrictions will probably deter roaming players.

If you need any further assistance, please just shout!

Regards,
G

3 Likes

Probably checking your titans and try joining before each spawn looking for rare titans.
I have met a group of 3 who do this regularly to this day.

2 Likes

We are looking for new members, so we keep it open. At times we have put restrictions on joining, but most all of us joined when it was simply open, so we try to keep it that way. It doesn’t really bother us, unless they are fishing for something. Someone below mentioned they could be looking for a rare titan, which could be the case. If that is what they are doing, I’d prefer to block them rather than set restrictions on joining, but I don’t know of that is possible. Thanks for the help!

I was trying to figure out what they might be fishing for, and I didn’t think of that. You may be right. Thanks for the tip!

My alliance has done a few name changes while people like that were gone. It’s free and it’s very hard for them to find you again.

2 Likes

Thanks, we just may do that!

2 Likes

Cookie Settings