đŸ•” Dr. Moreau – S4 Hero – 5* Dark/ Purple: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 4 Hero Released: Dr. Moreau!

:bar_chart: Stats

Dr. Moreau

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed Mana CB
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:new_moon:
Dark/Purple
Paladin
F
Fast
5%
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
+1 Costume
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85
+1 Costume
4/90
+1 Costume
Origin Family
Season 4 Underwild
Image Aether Power Description
attack-up Attack Up At the start of each battle, this Hero gets +20% attack for 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Special Skill Damage Reduction – Received damage is reduced by -20% for the first 3 times this Hero receives damage from Special Skills.
:hourglass: Ability (if costume is available): Increased Damage Against Boosted Health
After this character casts their Special Skill cast, all allies’ normal attacks and Special Skills deal +70% damage against targets with boosted health for 4 turns .
:dizzy: Special Skill: Blinding Wisdom
  • Deals 270% damage to the target and nearby enemies.
  • The target and nearby enemies get -35% accuracy for 3 turns. Chance to miss also applies to special skills. The effect duration is reset if the target is healed.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:hugs: Family Bonus

Families give bonuses for each unique Hero of the same family in battle.

Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Heroes:

• 20% / 24% / 28% / 32% / 36% chance to spawn an Underwild Gem on board when this hero casts Special Skill

Underwild Gem deals 50 damage to a random enemy each turn.

Underwild Gems can only be spawned on a normal shield on board that has the same element as this Hero.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

August 2023

Dec 2023

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no major changes to Dr. Moreau from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Info: đŸ§Ș Early Information on ROUND 1 of Season 4 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v36]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Dr. Moreau?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Dr. Moreau.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Dr. Moreau and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Dr. Moreau worth summoning for?

• Would you use Dr. Moreau on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Dr. Moreau?

• What heroes would you take when facing Dr. Moreau as an opponent?

• Would you give Dr. Moreau Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Dr. Moreau’s special?

• What do you think of Dr. Moreau’s character design?

• If you Summoned Dr. Moreau and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Dr. Moreau and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Dr. Moreau when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Dr. Moreau, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Dr. Moreau (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Dr. Moreau), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 4 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get an Underwild Featured Legendary Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 4 Underwild Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 4 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 3.3% chance of summoning Dr. Moreau (Featured).

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 9 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Dr. Moreau by pull 30
  • 28 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Dr. Moreau by pull 100
  • 50 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Dr. Moreau by pull 300
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Dr. Moreau by pull 898
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Featured Dr. Moreau by pull 1380

Putting that in Perspective

Gems cost $99.99 US for 10,000. A 30x Summons costs $83.99 US.

• 91 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Dr. Moreau by the 30th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $83.99 USD to summon 30 times, 904,687 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Dr. Moreau.

• 28 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Dr. Moreau by the 100th pull.

• If 1 Million players each spent $281.97 USD to summon 100 times, 716,133 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Dr. Moreau.

• 1 out of every 100 people won’t get Featured Dr. Moreau by the 1,380th pull.

• If 1 Million players each each spent $3,863.61 USD to summon 1,380 times, 9,975 of those players wouldn’t get Featured Dr. Moreau.

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Dr. Moreau (post release)

:question: Is Dr. Moreau worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Dr. Moreau would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Dr. Moreau’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Support Damage Dealer
  • Blinder

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Dr. Moreau compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Dr. Moreau’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Dr. Moreau worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No
 Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Dr. Moreau is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Dr. Moreau is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Dr. Moreau’s ailment will reset timer if target is heal.
Prof. Lidenbrock’s buff will reset timer if target receive ailment.
So, if Dr. Moreau use his skill while the target has Prof. Lidenbrock’s buff, will both Dr. Moreau’s ailment and Prof. Lidenbrock’s buff remain forever until target are dispel or cleanse ?

1 Like

I see this one being incredible pain in the abyss to fight. He hits hard and inflicts an accuracy decrease that resets with healing, so you keep attacking and missing while enemy slowly whittles you down and you can’t even heal if you don’t want to be at square one with blinding - cleanser is mandatory. Basically Drake on steroids Dark Magic.

By the way I am wondering how long it’ll take when he reveals himself as evil. I mean his appearance and dark element kinda give it away even if you’re unfamiliar with the original novel.

1 Like

Just use Sif/Elena/C.Obakan and accuracy will not be important. Especially with Kashrek or/and Gullinbursti. On map it works. On war he would be similar to Drake, I guess.

Just bring antidotes

2 Likes

Got this guy today
full image:

5 Likes

Why a lot of healers do cleans as well
Everyone has a Rigard

@Guvnor Hi my friend. What happens if healer with cleaning skills like rigard tries to heal Dr. Moreaus skill? The skill of Dr. Moreau says the timer of the effect gets resetted if the targets gets a heal. So who wins? The cleanse of rigards Skill or the reset after the heal of rigards skill? I hope you get what I mean :grin:

Cleanes wins , the blind is standard ailment it is dispellable

1 Like

Yeah, the reset duration on healing isn’t the best
Rigard, Ariel, Vivica takes care on that. I mean, you’re bringing a cleanser for the blind anyways.

It will be cleansed and be gone.

HOWEVER if say Costume Rigard fires THEN you hit them with Dr. M, you will get the duration reset every time :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It seems to me that based on the order of their skills, Rigard, Vivica, and Ariel should be fine since first they heal, prompting the blind to reset, then they cleanse, thereby removing the blind. That said, I have not seen any Dr. Moreau’s to test this on.

Non-healing cleansers like C. Sonya, C. Caedmon and Guardian Kong are laughing, then. Good thing I have all of those!

1 Like

I can imagine him to be insanely OP back in the meta with the healing elemental links and when cleanse isn’t readily available outside of healers. But right now when offensive heroes can get a cleanse, he’s quite situational. It’ll be devastating if lady Loki manages to reflect his blind back

The combination of his passive and Paladin talent could make him pretty tough. I’m considering going defense path with him.

Now we just need to wait for SG to design a hero that can prevent cleanse from working. Then it’s goodbye cleansers

I can see him being awesome against Telly and others that HoT. I will go offense with him, for sure, he’s one of the best dark I have, and he is very valueable for raiding and war offense.

He could be the best S4 legendary hero. Mine is at 3/60 for now. He will prove himself the best once I max him for raids. He shows good signs for this.

Drake’s big brother :slight_smile:

By the way he could be a decent tank. He has the potential for that. Gotta try :thinking:

I just maxed out the evil (mad?) scientist today and threw 8 emblems on him, and he has already replaced Jabberwock in my purple stack. (nothing wrong with Wocky, just wanted a more targeted hitter)

Ignoring the somewhat situational blind duration reset, this guy is Drake on steroids (metaphorically :crazy_face:). At 4/80 he already has the stats of Drake+11, so you can imagine what he’ll be like at +20. Not much more else need to be said since Drake is a pretty well known quantity. If you like Drake, you’ll love Dr. Moreau.

Plus his passive skill synergizes extremely well with his class - even at just +8 he takes hits from snipers like a champ, and I have little concern about him getting one shot. I’m actually slightly concerned now, because if he’s this hard to kill as an attacker, I can’t imagine how much of a PITA he’ll be as a defender.

Technically the Wonderland heroes already do that partially (White Rabbit, Alice) with their duration reset on healing thing. Or Jabber’s undispellable poison.

1 Like