Double war matchmaking issue/bug

I couldn’t find a similar topic so I’m making a new one, please merge if there is already a topic for this.

The issue
When mercing, leaving alliance after matchmaking (but before the start of war) and joining an inactive alliance without having the “Participate in Wars” button unchecked triggers an automatic matchmaking process. Players can get war-matched twice (or more times), therefore losing their war chest participation in their home alliance.

War participation is lost even though players did not participate in war in the alliance they were wrongly matched in.

There is no in-game notification about the fact that the participation button should be unchecked after being matched, or that a player can be matched twice.

There is currently no compensation for missing war chest loot.

Summary

In the past, players could send in a ticket providing a screenshot and they got their 100% participation war chest loot in their inbox as a courtesy.

Currently, players should be aware of the issue and make sure it does not happen again. However, human error happens and people forget to uncheck each time before they leave. Besides, having to opt in and out gets annoying.

If this happens to a player, they will not receive compensation for their lost war chest loot.

SG staff has to deal with missing war loot instead of dealing with other issues, which imo is wasted time.

The proposed solution

There are several options to solve this issue that come to mind:

1. Disable double matchmaking. I don’t know why this hasn’t been done yet. Double matching promotes war jumping (if someone gets matched and leaves to play war somewhere else, the rest of the alliance is disadvantaged). Don’t know if double matching has any purpose?
  2. War participation confirmation. A simple popup would be enough when switching alliance. “Are you sure you want to participate in war in this alliance? War chest participation in your previous alliance will be lost - Yes/No”
  3. In-game tooltip. If the other features are too technically difficult to program, at least let players know they can be war-matched twice, therefore losing their loot. Players are not aware of this issue, as it is not explained anywhere in game.
Why is it important?

Since ham is the main limiting resource in this game, many players like to get more by mercing to help with game progress. Leveling and embleming heroes and leveling troops costs an incredible amount of ham. This becomes important with the power creep, as many heroes get unemblemed since they’re no longer strong enough for the meta. Many players like to get ready before facing a strong oponent in war. Mercing also helps other alliances finish off titans they would have trouble killing themselves, so it’s a win-win.

Ascension materials and emblems are another limiting resource in game, and the war chest is an important source. Players that did not get the chance to get their war chest loot will remain disadvantaged, either having to wait longer to progress, or having to buy the items they may have received for free.

TLDR: Double matchmaking causes lost war loot and headaches for players and SG staff as well. Let’s get rid of it.

EDIT: got new info from affected players - it’s no longer possible to get missing war chest loot after contacting in-game support. This means some people (including me) got the compensation, while people new to the issue won’t.

4 Likes

Still no new info on this topic? :sweat_smile:

Can anyone please at least confirm whether double war matching is a bug or working as intended? Thanks!

It’s an old issue. Simple solution is don’t wander around mercing titans during that time. I doubt there’s going to be an implemented solution for it.

This was a loophole that some players were exploiting to fill their war hit quest for PoV quicker. I recall one player who would wait until just after matchmaking in a high-ranked (maybe theirs?) alliance, then go find a lower-ranked alliance to get matched in and then go find yet a third even lower ranked alliance to get matched in. This could be done because all alliances are not matched simultaneously. It happens from top to bottom.

For war, three hits in first alliance then leave, three hits in second then leave, six hits in third. 12 hits per war. Kinda screws two alliances though. You can’t go back and finish hits once you leave.

This exploit is not required because fighting in your own alliance wars gives you more than enough hits to fill the quest.

I thought the loophole had been closed by preventing you from being matched in multiple alliances. Maybe the loophole got inadvertently reopened again.

1 Like

I think it was practically closed in the sense that you wouldn’t be able to participate in both wars. But you can still get matched up a second time.

Hmmm, well that certainly is not a good outcome for the second alliance.

You’re probably right. Thank you for the link.

Problem is people don’t know about it and end up losing their war chest…I found out the hard way too but I was lucky enough they gave me my loot.

The compensation war chest had a 4* ascension mat, which is probably why they don’t give it anymore :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.