DO's and DON'Ts for new players

So, when you start a new game, there is always the worry “am I doing something wrong?”. As I always get the same questions from friends starting this great game, I’ve made a short list of DO’s and DON’Ts when you start Empires & Puzzles. I thought it might be a good idea to share them here:

DO’s

1. your main focus when you start should be to get as many leveled 3* and 4* heroes (for war, raids, quests & titans). Do achieve this, focus your build order on getting your training camp to level 13 (guaranteed 3* hero, sometimes a 4*)

2. join an Alliance (you can do this from level 5 onward). The main benefit is you can fight titans and get great loot! Try to join an alliance fighting 1* or 2* titans, so you can be helpful (higher titans will be too powerful when you just start)

3. use a friends code to get a free VIP pass. You can enter the code via inbox → invites. If you don’t have friend playing this game, you can use my code: U13ARE4

4. you will get quite some gems, use the for 1 purpose at the start: buy heroes during 2 events: Valhalla & Atlantis Rising. There you have a change of heroes that will take you all the way to level 40 and beyond. For example, one of my first pulls was Wilbur (from Atlantis), and I still use now that I’m level 47

5. For leveling heroes, focus on leveling 3* & 4* (5* will take way to long at an early level). Try to get 1 per color, so you can have a good raid team and take on most quests/missions

DON’Ts

1. Never level any 1* or 2* heroes! Once you are level 15 or so, you will never use them anymore! It is a full waste of time and resources

2. on the other hand, don’t use any 3*/4*/5* hero to level another hero until you have the knowledge to be absolutely sure you don’t need that hero

3. Don’t spend gems on speeding up buildings or replenishing resources, give it some time!

4. If you want to spend money, don’t just spend it on any deal you see, be wise: the best value are the VIP passes, Path of Valor pass (this is a big event running for 2 months) and the daily gem buys in the shop (if you need more gems)

So, hopefully this is helpful and makes you steer away from pitfalls that I made (yes, I have a few fully leveled 2* heroes that I never use)!

Cheers,

Bram

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Advice for New Players, or “All the things I wish someone had told me when I first started.”