Don't like the whales - don't be a krill

It is hilarious how people find something to complain about, every single day. In my first 2 months on this forum, I was fighting them, cursing them and so on… Getting flagged, obviously. Now, I’m just laughing out loud. Yes, it is extremely amusing for me to read such complaints about this game. Because it is hard for me to understand why the hell you are still here (“you”, general speaking), if the game is only for p2p, if the new features are garbage, if the boards are so unfair, if everything is so unfair, if this game is so stupid, if (as someone mentioned above) there are so better many other games… Why? Good riddance and just go. It is amusing, but is also annoying to see every single day dumb and dumber threads.

Obviously, not this one. The OP belongs to a mature person, not a frustrated kid. Good job!

4 Likes

If there weren’t whales, this game would have been gone a year ago.

If you’re a free to play turtle, and you enjoy the game at all, thank the whales and stop whinging.

Also, I don’t find it that hard to beat the best defence in the game with my… I don’t know, carp-level heroes…

Whales are capped. The game design is rather elegant in this way.

The people who whinge are often those who want EVERYTHING for NOTHING.

Shrug.

2 Likes

Or they want clear pathways to earn rewards and a sense of value for their investment. Your sort of post is the opposite version of the sort of posts the OP is complaining about. You are generalizing a whole host of problems people may have, not just with whales but with the way SG designs and runs their service, into one easy to rag on strawman.

6 Likes

Im level 70, Halifax might wanna do some research on where more of the income comes from. If it was from the big fish they would have more say and it would be alot more whale friendly then it already is. Now that they are owned by a company that knows how to make money better then them, what was one of the first things they did to generate even more revenue? Ohh yah, now we get 3 adds a day instead of one. Not no restructuring of the gem cost or deals or other whale friendly buys…we get MORE adds. Nuff said.

The Whales need the krill more than they think, I would imagine most of money comes from advertising and small purchases not the Whales.

To say if there were no whales there would be no game is crazy.

I see more complaints here from people who spent and didn’t get what they want, apparently thinking spending increased their odds. Most f2p complaints are about being left behind in the game.

My complaint generally is that all these new added features do nothing to enhance my enjoyment of the game.

Can’t wait for the backlash for the season 3 characters!
What do people expect of cause heros are going to stronger and better than the originals at least the costume is a option.

That is the one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen in so many ways.

2 Likes

I like the title here because I feel if your foolish enough to spend 1000s of dollars on an app game or if your financially stable enough to do so then by all means you have every right to do so. Just because I’m not in a position to do so doesnt make any difference in whather I play or not .If I like the game I play, if I don’t I uninstall it.Is their problems with balance maybe, have I played the grind without getting any five star heroes yes, but I’ve also got a whole mess of 4 stars that I don’t even have leveled yet so what is adding a five star hero going to really do to help me at this point in my game? Till I have maxed all my 4* or am able to go no further with what I have already been awarded from pulls Adding a 5* hero at this point really only pulls my attention off of maximising the heroes I already own. Too this forums credit and after awhile spending some time in here asking ?s and researching a few things. I’ve learned quite a bit thanks to other players on the forum. (Thank you all by the way )Just by focusing on better team building and proper leveling techniques I been able to improve my game considerably. By just tweaking a few teams in war that werent balanced or leveling heroes I have but let stay dormant because I didn’t realize their true value or potential over other hero’s that I mistakenly believed superior. So thus by improving my game and using better war strategy with my teammates I have been able to advance much faster than ever before even without spending money. Also as far as spending money goes to SGs credit they do put flash sales and event sales out there that if you play the game but don’t have a huge wallet anyone can afford and are quite a bit more value for your money than buying from the store during non event times and as a real fan of the game if you don’t pay anything to play or even throw out a few bucks to the developer for creating something actually worth playing than your just plain cheap and shouldn’t complain regardless of what your issue is. I buy what i can afford or what I think is worth the value of what im spending at the time because thats what I can do. The only question I do have and frequently wonder is whales is this ,because I see that a lot of the so called whales live in foreign markets what the exchange rate on foreign currency compared to The Good ol U.S. Dollar because and if it’s better can I start paying with mexican deneros instead of U.S. dollars. That is my only concern with the so called whales is if there paying less than I am per gem with their real currency if that’s the case then by all means to he’ll with the whales use their blubber was heating fuel Lmao.

2 Likes

I’m level 37 and I never said I like or dislike whales, just that they exist and are no doubt important for game developers to consider.

Who knows what financial position SG is in? Games are huge expensive projects that can sometimes flop spectacularly. Also I’m of the opinion that business owners should make more money than the rest of us. They’re taking a risk and if it pays off will mean employing a bunch of people thus making their lives better to say nothing of the enjoyment that comes from the product(s) being produced.

When it comes to purchases I have chosen not to spend anything and find it quite easy to stick to that. I do on the other hand drink an energy drink every day. It’s become an addiction that I’m dealing with and currently failing miserably - I’m drinking one right now. However I do not blame the manufacturer for my lack of impulse control. Naturally they run promotions from time to time to make their product seem even more tantalising than it already is but in the end the buck stops with me. I could choose to leave my wallet at home but as yet I haven’t done so.

3 Likes

Love it!!! MexxiSteve as I too am addicted to monster something about that cough syrupy energy in a can just gives me what I need when I need it lmao

F2P level 56. I agree with the OP. Don’t be a krill. Have fun with what you have!

1 Like

Yeap and both of those benefit all player groups those increasing the gap because they now to get more items correct and already have heroes waiting for them right?

FTP at level 62

20 characters of 8-7

Or I’m lumping the WHINGERS in together. Not the people making salient points about real issues; or those suggesting positive corrections.

I stand by the statement that the people who whinge are the people who resent not getting stuff faster, freer than people who either grinded or paid money. They forget that without the so called ‘whales’ funding their game, the game they enjoy would not exist.

When I began playing, there were players at level 50 and beyond already. Did I complain that I didn’t have the best heroes? Nope. I played the game. Every day, for 2 yrs. Now I’m able to be level 80 players. But it was neither fast, not easy. Nor cheap - I spend money on this game - roughly equivalent to buying a new PlayStation title each month - which I haven’t done since Red Dead Redemption because Empires and Puzzles is STILL entertaining me - longer than one of the best AAA titles in the history of PlayStation. So is there value in that? A lot, for me.

Do I think new players should get access to all the mats they want right away? Hells to the no. Do I think that there is a gap between people who can do unlimited pulls per month, buy their way to lvl 30 troops? Yep. Is that bad - nope. I don’t HAVE to been in a top 10 alliance and play against those people.

Neither does anyone else. Joining a mid level alliance, is or ought to be the goal of most free-to-play mostly casual players.

Just like joining a beer league softball team or recreation hockey league is the goal for most casual sporty types. I don’t see them posting online about how unfair it is that the professionals get more ice time, endorsements, better coaches better salaries etc.

The entitlement expressed by some players to this game is reflective of a wider issue in society - WORKING FOR SOMETHING is losing it’s appeal. Too many people want things easy and cheap.

Well, when they complain, they very, very often - often enough to group them together - share a common trait of Wanting everything, for nothing.

This game is completely playable Free to play to a high level. TC20 heroes are not shiny and fancy, but they can compete still. Can they be the absolute best? No. Should they be? No. Can they, on any given day, beat the best team in the game - yes. As it should be.

To my mind, the best place to be is cheap to play. Parcelling out resources wisely - spending $2 here and there, or maybe $10 once in a while to give yourself a small strategic advantage.

Most people playing this game are doing so with $1000 smartphones and $100 monthly cell plans… so yeah, $2 is not outrageous. Neither is $10.

If you want to be completely free to play, awesome. I think that is great. Should it take longer for you to do things and achieve things? Sure. Should you get everything? No. But can you enjoy a big portion of the game and go toe-to-toe with the biggest spender in the history of E&P - yes.

That. Is. Good. Game. Design.

ENJOY your no-skin-in-the-game free to play status. And stop whinging about “whales” - they’re why you are playing this game.

5 Likes

Up to 50 per cent of all revenue comes from the top 1-3% of spenders according to research into online/app game development.

Tell me again how ‘crazy’ it is…

1 Like

I don’t expect SG to release season 3–ever!

Their latest cashgrab, costumes, screams of desperation & greed. SG has run out of ideas to steal.

Atlantis Rising, improvement in rewards (with more generous rank cutoffs), as well as my favorite change which I for got to mention (challenge coins!!) benefit all FTP and CTP with minimal benefit to whales.

Currently averaging 33challenge coins per event, elemental debuffer here I come!

2 Likes

This is where you are off. Everytime they do a ten spin they are garunteed a mat and have a chance to pull multiple heroes and previous heroes of the month that this option was avaiable for until season 2 came out. The sheer number of 5 stars available during Atlantis rising give the whales the biggest chance to improve their roster. Had they not capped how many ascension items you could get per rising tou would really have seen some.changes out there lol. Minimal is incorrect, Atlantis rising is one of the best places to spend money to spread your roster and help your heroes.

Sorry, just looking for the data you’re using to back up this claim and can’t find the link anywhere… because it’s widely known that in app development so called ‘whales’ can account for upwards of 50 per cent of all revenue. That’s the top couple of percent of players subsidizing everyone else. And that info is easily found in a google search.

Your specific information that SG doesn’t rely on this and that E&P earns vastly more from clicking 2 ads per day is… well, I can’t find it anywhere, so I’m hoping you can share the source of this claim.