Does the AI adapt to your setup?

I recently changed my line up so that it now includes Wu Kong. This meant that initially I was getting a lot of success with him reaching full mana in raids and then managing to gain big hits on enemy heroes. But then after a while, literally EVERY raid I’ve done, the AI has gone straight after Wu Kong and taken him out as quick as possible, so I can’t even get him powered up (not to mention crappy boards with little or no yellow tiles that can be paired up on some occasions) to the point of my having dropped down several hundred points from where I was. So what gives, is the AI not only remembering my attack style, but beginning to use that tactic against me? Anyone else seeing a pattern like this?

It certainly seems that way for sure. In practice I have found however tgat the AI seems to target whoever has lowest health.

I’m not 100% sure on that though. Hopefully someone with better understanding will weigh in.

For me personally, AI seems to target:

• Any hero that is almost dead
  • Any healer that was about to heal the rest of my team
  • Any big hitter whose special was fully charged
  • Any other hero that I really didn’t want them to hit

Basically it just likes to be a royal pain in my butt by taking out any of my good heroes right when I need them the most. I’m sure that’s by design. Just like how I always get the wrong color tiles (or the right colors but under the wrong heroes). The game knows what I want and it does the opposite on purpose just to intentionally infuriate me. I’m guessing in some way this is supposed to subliminally motivate me to buy more gems. :thinking:

Unfortunately… That is what they call confirmation bias… I go though it too… Then I get strings of boards that I can’t lose.

Game is more fun if you try (as hard as it can be sometimes) to remember the good matchups.

1 Like

Yeah, I was half joking. :slightly_smiling_face:

Some days I get great boards and kill teams that were much stronger than mine, and I find myself thinking “did that really happen or did I imagine it?” It’s a great feeling when things go right and that’s why I keep playing. But when things in the game go wrong, they tend to go very wrong, and it’s maddening. Just got to remember the big picture. You might be losing today, but you’ll win tomorrow, and vice versa. Sometimes after a really bad losing streak, the AI seems to take pity on me, and it basically hands me a win on a silver platter. I have no idea what the rhyme or reason is sometimes, if there even is any.

I think you just hit the nail on the head.

2 Likes