Does Beta have unfair advantage in events?

Did they ever let you in the lounge?

1 Like

Why do not you hire SG professional testers and we stop stupidities? The creator of the thread has more reason than a saint, myself, just to receive a prize I have worn many flags doing tests over and over again. And it also rains on wet, personal uses to receive visitors (I know until the hotm of February 19, why it has been published), etc., etc. if they are going to serve the community welcome, if they are going to serve themselves door.

1 Like

So I guess you would be the proof that you donā€™t need to be be beta to get a number 1 spot in eventsā€¦

3 Likes

I did get in active player lounge thanks to probably a shout out from a decent player

1 Like

What Pinky said

20x Pinky

1 Like

Top players gain an advantage by paying for extra flags/materials/heroes, not from participating in beta. Beta has nothing to do with it, especially since this is third or fourth time the Guardians event has come around.

3 Likes

Just imagine what I could test with unlimited flags!

5 Likes

That is not true. In an environment where resources (flags and items) are limited you can not risk wasting precious resources on trying a new strategy. However with beta access you could. So yes beta access comes with advantages.

3 Likes

From my experience I have spent tons of money and time on previous events and not placed at all. I started placing because I started using a strategy. It would have been a huge advantage in my opinion to test every level to know how much mana I need when facing a boss, how many items I can afford to use before facing the bosses. Having a test environment would tell me all this. I would say that I could have saved tons of wasted flags going for something and failing if I knew what it would take to get a good score. So dang I feel like I am pretty dang good for beating a lot of these players even with their unfair advantage

10 Likes

What exactly are the new strategies to be gleaned from beta beyond the knowledge that has already been available on the forums for months?

1 Like

Events, same as rare quest ot seasonal quest, spawn in real game exactly like in beta.
I guess they can easily fix it, just lazy.

We used to test even events in previous beta and yes, i get some advantage knowing it before-hand. But honestly now we all know the stages and the strategy for do a good score.
For legendary as it is now you need great heroes, many items and many flasks, beta o non-beta.

Yeah, he probably tested some assets and spare some flags, but as you can see he donā€™t particulary push his score in there (i checked, score is the same)

So yeah, honestly we donā€™t need old monthly events in beta, and if deleting it you feel better iā€™m totally ok with it.

But if you think that he do good scores because of that, then youā€™re deceiving yourself.

3 Likes

That is the question isnā€™t it. For example I know that the strat that anchor uses and the strat ucla uses is not the same. One uses tornadoes and the other does not.

1 Like

Zero uses a different strategy on high levels than we do. Is it better to use your items early or save for the boss? In epic is it better to use arrows or minor mana pots? These are question I ask myself each event but dont want to waste the resources testing.

4 Likes

I never seen the tornadoe run. Im curious on how that would work. But tornadoes are so expensive to makeā€¦

1 Like

Im not sure what level your atā€¦but the further you are in the game the more resources you have to throw at things like that. I had over 100 natoes at one point just because I kept making them whenever my iron was full and I didnā€™t have anything better to do with it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use tornadoes in eventsā€¦hmm wish I could test that strategy without wasting them :wink:

6 Likes

There are threads discussing these types of things. Hereā€™s an example:

If you canā€™t find the info youā€™re looking for, you can start a thread and surely someone will point you in the right direction. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you think people are sharing the secrets to get 1st in the events you are very naive.

2 Likes

This is the point Iā€™m trying to make. Why do some users get special advantage over others?

1 Like

From the thread I linked:

Call me naive, then. :smile:

3 Likes