Does Beta have unfair advantage in events?

Im not sure what level your atā€¦but the further you are in the game the more resources you have to throw at things like that. I had over 100 natoes at one point just because I kept making them whenever my iron was full and I didnā€™t have anything better to do with it.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use tornadoes in eventsā€¦hmm wish I could test that strategy without wasting them :wink:

6 Likes

There are threads discussing these types of things. Hereā€™s an example:

If you canā€™t find the info youā€™re looking for, you can start a thread and surely someone will point you in the right direction. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you think people are sharing the secrets to get 1st in the events you are very naive.

2 Likes

This is the point Iā€™m trying to make. Why do some users get special advantage over others?

1 Like

From the thread I linked:

Call me naive, then. :smile:

3 Likes

I donā€™t see how beta gives an advantage? One beta is not the same as live. Things can and will change. From beta to live. Beta needs to happen to ensure most if not all issues can be pretty addressed. The items from beta do not carry over nor do any percs that you mentioned.

I canā€™t speak for SG but this mentality is the complete opposite of what I would want if I was testing a product. If your intention is to gain visibility as a potential tester my opinion is you are doing more harm than good. Then again this is just personal friendly (even if you think otherwise) advice.

1 Like

Iā€™ve placed first in events. If possible I would like to test other strats but I dont want to waste the resources.

Well said Ka. I can say to place first place multiple strategies are used to achieve this.

3 Likes

I see no actual strategies there.

2 Likes

I completely agree beta is not the environment to test event strategies for personal gain. From what I see that is what is happening thoughā€¦

5 Likes

I like the fact we have players who have placed in top 10 in events but are not part of beta replying to this. It shows that you donā€™t need beta to get there, but since you/they are saying that beta might help it adds a lot weight to that claim.

If we had a player that placed in top 10 as non-beta and then got into beta, that would be an interesting perspective.

1 Like

If you are scoring significantly higher I would say your strategies are sound.

1 Like

If I had access to beta I could have saved on a ton of flags and items. Although SG would hate me then because I wouldnā€™t be spending as much money.

I could try several strats I am thinking about if I had beta access.

3 Likes

In addition we need average Joe players in beta. If you only place the to 1% you will have content that very well may be out of touch to a majority of you user base.

1 Like

My point would be that since you donā€™t have access to beta, you donā€™t know how similar or dissimilar it would be. You could be (and likely are) 100% correct that you could take learnings from beta and apply them in events. But someone that has been on both sides of the fence would give a more complete perspective.

2 Likes

Haha thatā€™s probably the reason why they donā€™t want to give me beta. I would break the game with unbeatable scores :wink: Personally I have been doing epic this event and wasted tons of items just to not be able to kill the boss at the end. If I tested those runs first I would have known to go or not go for it. I do believe it is an advantage to know what you need going into a level if you are going for top 10 and especially #1. The frustration I am seeing is Iā€™ve had to pay for my mistakes while others in beta do not. Also why is the event up anyway? There would be no need to test an already tested event. This to me is silly especially if the person testing the event the most is the top in live game. This tells me there may be a correlation

5 Likes

This event has cycled multiple times. Itā€™s been n the code it cycles on live and beta on itā€™s schedule. The beta server us most likely a clone of the production live server which means you can technically buy flash sales etc. Why would someone do so? Same value in doing so as doing old events that have been arround for a while now?

The is value to doing these events such as using new heroes to compare compatibility with existing content but there is no value to the general server as nothing carries over. I am not trying to discredit anyone here but it feels like complaing the sky is blue and thatā€™s not fair to people that like the color pink more.

I find this post quite pretty and offensive actually. People are trying to make this out to be a. Has vs has not and we are talking about two totally different non connected servers.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried to push for one? You would know there are several strategies that are being used to do this. If someone had beta and can test their strats and move them to the live game i find that offensive. As ucla said using beta for a personal gain.

3 Likes

You are not beta, either?

1 Like

I am not.

20characters

1 Like