Does Beta have unfair advantage in events?

To keep with the rules of the forums I am removing the names and alliance from this post.

How is it that beta players get special advantage in events while the other paying customer have to use their own money to try strategys?

@Petri this is an unfair advantage that is being provided to beta users. They can use as many flags as they want yet I have to pay for mine.

8 Likes

Isn’t this basically the same thread as the 7dd advantage thread you started?

Think you might check rules more closely.

1 Like

Same point as before, utter bs

1 Like

None of the benefits of beta transfer to the tester’s regular account. Not heroes, not troops, not items, not energy. Nothing. The two accounts are totally separate.

4 Likes

Events are all about strategy and having unlimited resources allows you to practice and develop ones…

3 Likes

I’m sure the knowledge of how the event is done transfers though.

3 Likes

Your point was they get someyhing for free in game time that others do not.

Are you retracting?

1 Like

I removed the names from this post.

1 Like

That knowledge is available here on the forum to anyone who wants to look for it. There are strategy guides. There are charts showing which levels have which mobs and bosses. There are all kind of tips for crafting the consumables and hoarding flasks for the event.

5 Likes

Yes. But the events are really very similar. After doing three or four of them you should have it down. The real skill is in seeing the right matches quickly enough. Also if you watch the video he does say it would take him (i believe, willing to be wrong) 40 flasks sometimes to get in the top 10. I don’t know about you, but I’m not burning any 40 flasks…

3 Likes

Posting the same thread twice under two names is not allowed, and moderators should be merging them.

1 Like

Mod closed the initial one.

2 Likes

Do you think you can place first just by reading? Or would you do better if you had 200+ flags you could test on?

I’m not calling anyone out on this post this is strictly regarding unfair advantage to a normal paying customer without beta access

1 Like

Is that point of erasing names, then?

2 Likes

I think if I wanted to place first, I would have to spend the same amount of time and money the top players do, to farm consumables and to keep replaying levels until I got a great board.

And that would be the case regardless of whether or not I was in beta

2 Likes

I’m not sure why he reposted the image since it doesn’t mean much, anyone can look up the leaderboards. But yes, that would seem to be in line with the guidance the Mod gave.

1 Like

Not sure why you guys keep derailing the point of the post?
There is an unfair advantage to parcticing in beta, end of story.

1 Like

This is a chicken/egg problem on that devs have invited specific players, who applied, to be beta testers. My guess based on what I would do is that the better players were picked.

2 Likes

I don’t have beta access… :frowning: guess I’m not one of the best.

12 Likes

Really there is no need to test an event that has been around in the same form for a long time. Like I said in the other thread. Easy fix is just not to run the challenge event in beta.

1 Like