Does anyone schedule these things to happen all at once? / Too many activities/ Overlapping Rare Quests, Atlantis Rises, Alliance War, Class Trials, Raid Tournaments, etc MASTER

And i find it really hard to believe that (unless you are pretty new to the game) it takes you that long to blast through 7/4. I can auto it and fill a chest in 10 mins, with 21 WE used on average. No loot tickets needed.

War hits if you are coordinating takes an hour. If you are not, it takes 6-7 mins per half. or 15 mins if you are doing all 6 in one go.

Titan hits take 2 mins per hit. If you are doing 5 hits per titan, thats 10 mins.

Raids also take 2 or less mins per raid. To fill a chest, thats about 16 mins. And you have to wait for filling this chest unless you loop it with raid tournaments or buy energy.

So total that all up. if you fill 2 monster and 2 raid chests, while raid tourneying and warring thats roughly an hour and 10 mins of play time. And this is doing everything while being competitive. If you add a rare quest in there, its fine to give up a monster chest to go through a rare quest if you dont want to spend more time.

If you are leading, coordinating war hits or anything like that, of course that will take more time. But that is what you are signing up for when going into leadership activities.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been in 7dd since nov of 2017 and there was only a 2-3 month stretch where i skipped chests with gems. Since most of the elemental chests are junk, when youā€™re in a situation where youā€™re swimming in 3 star mats and only 4 star mats and emblems really matter, an extra elemental chest a month barely moves the needle.

3 Likes

I can understand that. FAR more people are not in that situation than are. I have enough 3 stars mats to raise 2 or 3 heroes in any color, not exactly swimming, so 3 star Mats are important to me, and Iā€™m ahead of the curve on that.

I tend to get a 4 star mat out of every 3rd elemental chest, so even I was swimming in them I would still try to generate them as often as possible.

I think you and Zero are just showing that the experience of people with a ton of WE and a ton of resources is very different from the vast majority. I still need to actively farm backpacks and swords, I bet neither of you have to even think about that anymore.

Before this escalates furtherā€¦which is edging closer and closer, Iā€™d like to suggest referring back to the OP:

Shrikewood dropped on the same day as the start of raid tournament, alliance war and the emblem quest. And all within a 6-hour window. Can you please spread this further apart?

With various comments made, by players differing in levels/WE, etc perhaps:

1. Where more than one Special Quest is due to appear ON the same day - as the OP suggested 6-8hrs apart: this, imo, would help solve WE replenishing for the ftp/ctp players.

2. If not #1 then perhaps the Dev could add a day on, say the Trials for e.g. This would also help players in managing their WE replenishment betterer (incorrect grammar is intentionalā€¦just because).

3. Leave as is, simply being that itā€™s really not the first time where a multitude of quests, etc appear at the same time.

On a personal level, Iā€™m Level 63 and enjoy having so much to do other than the ā€œusual grindā€.

I do remember when, a few months of starting, I had to adjust time management in my gameplay. Also, alot of the time I couldnā€™t complete Events/Quests/Etc as I didnā€™t have the bench depth like I do now.

This game is for long-term progression, wherein there wonā€™t be a clash, of sorts, each month with Quests/Events/Etc - just on the odd one here and there.

1 Like

I donā€™t see this as anywhere near escalatingā€¦not sure why you would think that. Its just showing that different players in different stages of game lifecycle have different experiences.

I really donā€™t care. if it continues to go this way, Iā€™m very comfortable and not upset about leaving. And there are a number of people who have already left over these kinds of issues and more will, but more will join so in the end it will all wash for SG.

1 Like

I guess I donā€™t understand the contrast thatā€™s being drawn in this thread between:

• people complaining in the past that there wasnā€™t enough to do
  • people not wanting all the new content to happen all at once

I look at it like this: when Iā€™ve been starving, Iā€™m really grateful when someone brings me food. But if they bring me a weeksā€™ worth of food all on one day rather than spread out across several days, it can be challenging to eat.

I really love all the new content, and Iā€™m grateful itā€™s there. Iā€™d be even more grateful if it were a little more evenly spread across the week.

4 Likes

My trust in SG making changes correctly without causing unintended consequences is low at best. So I would much rather they not try and alter this through over complicating their algorithms.

As an example, there used to be a time when rare quests and monthly events would sometimes coincide. People came to the threads complaining. SG implemented something to delay the rare quest if the event is near. End result, we did not get a rare quest for a month. It took roughly 2 months for SG to fix whatever they bugged with trying to space out a rare quest, and a monthly event. This will be much more complicated.

Lets have them fix all the issues with raid tournaments first, then we can look at spacing things out.

8 Likes

A simple solution could be to increase class trialsā€™ duration. They doesnā€™t share the normal questā€™s rotation.

7 Likes

That seems like a very fair concern, all things considered. Thatā€™s also a very interesting data point about the past rare quest snafuā€“thank you! And I agree that Iā€™m a lot more worried right now about the raid tourney issues like the unevenness of matching.

If they were to something about this pile-up of content in the relatively near-term, there seem to be two relatively low-risk options:

Or

• Offset the Trials by 2 days, so they donā€™t lie on top of wars.

The Trials come at a frequent, fixed interval, and making static offsets or duration increases is less risky than floating changes. It also has the advantage of allowing rapid detection if something goes wrong, since the Trials come twice a week.

3 Likes

Great idea to run the Raid Tourney standalone; Iā€™m sure it would make it ā€œeasierā€ to find/fix bugs.

And agree with @Xero786 - fix the Raid Tourney first.

3 Likes

May I make a simple suggestion? What if we have class trials the day after war, not the day of war? Basically war ends and class trials begin.

Iā€™m trying to offer a solution here. I tend to agree more with @Dante2377 and @Xero786 - I can do all and have never paid for we refills, but instead of arguing, why not this as a solution that spreads things out some but keeps the frequency the same?

3 Likes

Simple Solutions

I agree that it seems like a simple solution, at least to start, is to stagger War and Class Trials days.

Extending Class Trial duration also seems like a simple way to give some breathing room.

But Also: devilā€™s advocate on the day changes

Is there an argument to be made that players coming online for Class Trials also helps with War flag usage?

As a very active player ā€” like literally everyone else with access to this thread ā€” Iā€™m just wondering aloud about how casual players perceive the overlaps:

More opportunity to get a bunch done at once, or an overwhelming amount to do at the same time?

Do We Know What We Donā€™t Know?

Iā€™d consider surveying the public Forum, but even that is a more active player population than the broad player base, albeit probably a little more representative than the people in #active-player-lounge.

It makes me wonder to what extent, if any, SGG is monitoring data on player engagement in the various activities, and basing these decisions on information we may lack.

3 Likes

Regardless, I do wish the trials lasted a bit longer. Like 1.5 days or so. That would help take some pressure off when thereā€™s also a rare quest, and give more chances for those that struggle with the last trial stages.

6 Likes

Moderatorā€™s Note

Moved out of APL since this conversation hit a long lull, and a nearly identical thread was started in General Discussion.

2 Likes

Can somebody explain to me why 3 weeks of the month thereā€™s nothing going on and then for a short window of time thereā€™s a million things happening? Thereā€™s Atlantis rises, summer event, raid tournament, an emblem trial, war, recruits 2 quest which is following battle items 2 quest plus of course the daily titan, your raid chest and maybe something else Iā€™m missing but Jesus itā€™s all the good stuff all at once. And then there will be weeks of monotony. These things should be spread out a little better so that itā€™s 1.) not overwhelming and time consuming and 2.) not lacking in things to do FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME

3 Likes

Agree and i feel the same.

Trial quest on the same day as war feels overwhelmed.

2 Likes

Not really, although a two week Seasonal Event starting on a Monday is always going to overlap either the Challenge Event or Atlantis Rises.

They could change the day of the week those start on to help mitigate that.

2 Likes

The answer isā€¦ Cruel Finnish Humor. Gotta b careful of those Fins I tell yaā€¦ :laughing:

I love it. Give me more.

3 Likes

Lots of the things have times on them that enable you to spread them outā€¦

Rare quest popped Sunday night, was done before Sands started
Sands started Mon uses WE 2 weeks to spread it over
Raid tourney uses its own type of flag
Emblem quest weds uses WE stop Sands for the day
Atlantis rising Thurs uses WE ā€œHIGH PRIORITYā€ stop everything else farm
Battle items 2 Fri no flask ā€œlow priorityā€ dropped
Recruits 2 fri/sat ETT available uses 24 WE squeeze it in
War starts has its own flag
Emblem quest pops 24hr clock start&finish after rising finishes
I think thatā€™s all pretty spread out over the week, do things overlap yes, are they all must do things no. Lots of things in the game are choices, itā€™s not like your missing out on mats
Thank you sg for giving us more content

1 Like