Do you think there is any skill involved in PVP battles?

Not me.

Advantages / Disadvantages

There are two main advantages/ disadvantages.

Heroes

Without the proper heroes you will always be at a disadvantage.

With the proper heroes you will have an advantage.

Hero potential

Without heroes at maximum costume, and X*+20, with maximum level troops, you will always be at a disadvantage.

With maximum potential heroes you will have an advantage.

Skill

Strategy

Even with all the above ( proper available heroes at maximum potential ) you still need to choose the correct team for attacking a defense. This is where knowledge, and skill first enter the situation.

Tactics

Even with all the above, you still need to choose what shields/ tiles to match, and when to use each special skill. This is where knowledge, and skill, also enter the situation.

RNG

RNG Special / Talents

If your team contains RNG heroes ( Wu Kong, Danzaburo, 5/5 Revive, 5/5 Evade, 5/5 Withstand, etc. ). This is where the majority of RNG enters the situation.

Boards

Without a decent sequence of boards you are at a disadvantage. ( starting board plus first 24 moves, 80% chance for rainbow team with all very fast heroes to 25% chance for mono team with all slow heroes ). This is the next biggest RNG factor.

Single target special skill

Special skills with a single target can have a variability of plus, or minus, 50% to damage ( or more. the exact damage formula currently unknown ). This is where RNG also significantly impacts the situation.

Combo chains

Combo chains ( Combo 3+ ) are the next biggest RNG.

Critical hits

Critical hits are the next biggest RNG.

Normal damage

Normal/ matching/ tile damage has the least amount of RNG since matches require at least 3x shields/ tiles.

Notes

See Also

([Primer] Defense AI Cheats or why computer gets first move, trickle mana & bonus damage and how to exploit/ defend against it for more trophies)

([Guide, Wiki, Tactics] Placement of heroes when attacking - titans, bosses, raids, Jabberwocky, Gato)

([Primer] How come the leaders in the tournament have so many more points than me? or tournament seeding, time zones, and Elo rating deflation)

([Essay] Please remove 1* and 2* Tourneys, I have already said good bye)

12 Likes