Do you really like living or dying by RNG?

Well damn, I hadn’t read your post before posting mine. I wrote pretty much the exact same thing about class talents being nonsensical :joy: Glad I’m not the only one who dislikes them.

1 Like

While I agree that there’s been an RNG upscale, are we sure this doesn’t bring profit?
Because, trust me, I can imagine at least ten different ways it can.

This paragraph relates rather wickedly to the previous one.
But really that’s not what I’m asking.
I know it’s very unlikely SG will do anything we ask, but I still would like to know if people who play a strategy game actually enjoy its lottery element and increasing trend.
I know I hate it, my alliance is thoroughly against it but… maybe most players enjoy it: I don’t know, so i ask.

More or less my thought.
If that’s the case I’d rather throw the dices at the beginning of the fight instead of playing.
Oh, wait. We already do that with the board :woman_facepalming:t3:

In the meanwhile the aforementioned chain of events has kept on.
We are now in 0.4096% territory, good for 2 of my free allowance of losses.
Which (roughly) means that 4 players out of 1000 will lose half their “lives” to RNG.
Anyone wanna figure out why it has to be like that?

2 Likes

Why do you still play then ? You can walk away from this game. There are other options, always.

If you & your alliance hate the RNG element this much, why continue playing ?

1 Like

I can agree on the ninjas (the mechanics raise the value of having multiple ninjas, thus promoting pulling).
I just think there could’ve been a better way to raise their value by the same amount, without introducing a frustrating RNG element. Same applies to class talents.

Designs like Rokkamush, on the other hand, I don’t know what even. You use them a few times and get upset, that’s the entire thing. Wukong/Ranvir are also a source of widely expressed frustration, even just looking at all the forum threads. The only profit they bring is encouraging whales to keep pulling for a proper 100+ attack buff, which…is a thing I guess?

Point is, in terms of actual gameplay, they bring nothing but frustration. I’d prefer the effects to be conditional, or just a flat power level increase of a smaller scale, instead of an X% chance to turn the tide.

1 Like

I don’t get this kind of nonsensical and pointlessly abrasive comment. One can enjoy a game - or any activity for that matter, while still acknowledging that some of its aspects are unpleasant or could be improved.

4 Likes

I never consider it a strategy game, although some seem to. But random works both ways, otherwise people who have the most OP heroes in the game will always win.

I saw Wu Kong mentioned, and while I don’t use him in wars anymore, when I was starting out, I didn’t have many options so I would use him and ran rainbow war teams. I can remember times where I just destroyed defenses that were much more powerful than mine by activating him and watching a cascade of tiles just kill the defense. Conversely, if there were lots of misses, I wouldn’t be bothered since I was taking an underpowered team to attack, so I was ahead either way. As it is, he is my only damage multiplier so I still use him against titans to great effect.

I suggest that you go search for the open dialogue between players n the SGG Dev Team a while back this year, if you are not aware of this event.

Read that.

You will then understand why it’s quite pointless to complain about the less engaging aspects of this game, and better to embrace the features you like about this game, and accept that the less engaging aspects are here to stay till the SGG Devt Team sees fit to improve on them, as long as the improvements do not affect the “game economy”.

If your alliance & yourself are happy to stay together to play this game, that’s great. Just enjoy each other’s company & the camaraderie. If this is not enough to compensate for the less engaging aspects of this game, I still suggest that you consider other options.

It really is counterproductive with this attitude. I’ll try and compare a silly game to life, I know they have little to do with each other:

RNG is like being a parent. You are going to have wonderful times and others where you question why you had a kid because it’s so frustrating. And parents like to discuss exactly this…the pain and anger that comes along with the responsibility. If another parnet responded like you have, saying “then don’t have kids”, or “go read the parent manual, you should have known this is how it works”, I’d be pretty annoyed.

I think the forum is a safe place to have an adult discussing about all of our thoughs on RNG. Perhaps I’m assuming eveyone in here is an adult.

6 Likes

Me too… on a short term scale.

But I can’t see a long term gain. How can the enjoyment of RnG wins outlast strategic ones? Especially with losses that are pointless to having ever pushed the start button to begin with…

The abysmal gobbler! LOL
I just saw that @Chadmo :joy::+1:

2 Likes

I get what you are trying to say.

I am merely saying that this game is what it is, RNG etc etc.

Some are okay with more RNG. Some prefer less. Depends on each individual player’s tolerance towards RNG.

This game was created with plenty of RNG in most aspects of its play. Yes, the level of RNG is increasing vis a vis the newer heroes being released. That is the chosen direction of the SGG Devt Team, like it or not. It is what it is.

Either accept it, adapt to the changes or walk away like many others have done.

The active players have already tried to appeal to the SGG Devt Team on enough QoL issues, trying for a solution and we all read their official answers. Essentially, any initiative that does not improve the game economy or adversely affects the game economy, is not of priority to them.

For example, the Slayers Family: certain players will try very hard to get minimum 3x for best play experience, regardless of cost. I am sure that SGG’s revenue for August will see a healthy increase, exactly as planned.

I am sure that there will be more “exciting” heroes to come, bearing in mind the success of the Slayers Family release.

Do I like this direction? Answer is No.
Can I change this direction ? Answer is No.
What I can do is decide how I will want to continue in this game.

FYI, I am an adult, happily married with no children because I thought long and hard about the life I wanted to have as an adult, and the answer was No Children.

4 Likes

If you question parenting, not being one is a sound decision…well done.

And I didn’t mean to throw a suckerpunch at you, I do appreciate reading your thoughts about the game. I’m just doing my part as a forum member to discourage people from bringing the “well if you don’t like it, quit” response. If enough people quit because they are frustrated, we don’t have a game anymore.

I try to keep it positive in here, sorry you got some collateral damage because I wanted to get a point across. And to be clear, I am NOT in anyway paid by SGG. In fact, I’ve given more than I should have…but I like the game a lot.

Play on playa!

5 Likes

The game is my kid. It’s constantly asking for more money. When I don’t pay, there are tantrums with new skills that all I can do is stare and blink.

The RnG hasn’t changed. The stats, speed and skills have enhanced its punishment

2 Likes

I am cool yah.

I think it’s better for players to decide their baseline.

If they can find enough positives to embrace, they will stay on.

If they can’t, I think it’s healthier for them to move on cos it’s not a good fit for them. Frustration is not healthy in any way and I would not want anyone to become depressed from game frustration.

There are still about 1.2m to 1.5M active players in this game, based on tough estimation of tourney numbers. That’s plenty yah, for an old game.

It’s dropped a lot from its heyday of 2.5M players. But this game still pulls them in, it will continue on for awhile.

2 Likes

We are leaving the game as we speak.
But satisfaction of my curiosity stands, irrelevant of me playing or not.

While I would personally eat monkey carbonade flamand day in and day out just to get rid of him, you can’t put wars and titans in the same cauldron.
In wars a single event can decide the outcome, with titans you have 90 full seconds (i.e. many events to approach mean-based considerations) and items (to mitigate/eliminate bad random situations).

Simple: some players wouldn’t win without luck on their side. Those wins keep them hooked.
It’s all a matter of how many that “some” is.
People like winning, it doesn’t really matter if because of strategy or luck: can the average player even tell the difference?

2 Likes

Has it every been positioned as a strategy game? It’s match 3 role play game.

Well, I guess there will be ranting about something else then.

If you removed RNG from this game it would be a completely different game.

Say, if some randomness is removed from a defense team behavior and defending hero would behave intellectually using their skill optimally, there would be complaints about way too hard defenses for sure.

You are right: people like to win, but when one half of players win another inevitably loses. The game can’t make everyone win.

1 Like

The point is that the game shouldn’t make anyone win.

I love posts like these (and Wu, “titans always kill off X first”, etc.) because they ignore all the times RNG worked to your favor.

Bad with the good.

1 Like

Except I had. There’s obvious risk and random to it, but if the board is set up nicely for a cascade, a rainbow team with Wu Kong can do wonders. You can argue that cascades don’t happen and they are random, but it’s still part of the game. Bad things can happen, but so can good things.

How can “let’s get rid of RNG” ignore the times it has worked for you?
Unnecessary random sucks.
If it’s bad you lose because of it, if it’s good you win because of it.

Let me win or lose.

4 Likes

Maybe you should always win. Like every time, everywhere! :sweat_smile:

Sounds like this is the wrong game for you chap.